Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 8705 Posts

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Just saw this on Facebook..huge if true. Same network that show Arrow and shit is on and where Smackdown was once upon a time..

View attachment 78006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly a bigger network than any other non WWE fed, but I think thats just a fan mock-up

·
Registered
204 Posts
If these guys are smart & have the money, they should already be talking with CM Punk. You want to generate excitement & buzz? Be the promotion that brings CM Punk back to the wrestling business. I would say out of all the moves they can potentially make with roster talent, it would be the most significant of them all.

As a cynical wrestling fan that hasn't been a consistent viewer, I will give this company a chance if they are on television. The status quo has been underwhelming for a long time & maybe this will give the business the shot in the arm it needs. I wish them all the luck moving forward.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
TV being a lock and Khan seeing it as a major financial investment for him is amazing news. I think @FITZ was correct in his assessment of WWE's USA/FOX TV deals having a major affect on this existing. Khan saw the dollars in potentially competing with WWE. All In was one of the biggest pro wrestling pilots in decades and it drew 11K, if Double or Nothing can do that and beyond there's no reason why he shouldn't see this as his next Jaguars so to speak. Edit: Also heard from Fightful that TNT, WGN, CBS, and Viacom are TV names that have been brought up but I don't think they confirmed talks flat out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Really looking forward to this, I don't expect them to be huge right from the start, but it could become an established and major company within a few years. We don't know much about Tony Khan but he was a subscriber of the Wrestling Observer during the monday night war, that is enough to understand he is a big wrestling fan.
It's only January 1st but this is already an exciting year for pro wrestling !

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Not in the slightest breh. I don't like the Becks, Omega etc. and what they represent but feelings hurt ?? Nope, breh.
:taker

"I HATE THESE PEOPLE AND THEREFORE ANY GOOD THEY CAN DO FOR ANYONE ELSE DOESN'T MATTER AND THEY SHOULD FAIL"

Cornette, is that you? :fuck

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Not in the slightest breh. I don't like the Becks, Omega etc. and what they represent but feelings hurt ?? Nope, breh.
You're talking about the Bucks "spitting on the business" for crowd interaction when WWE does fucking fart and piss jokes like it's a bad episode of Family Guy. Who's disrespecting what now? But no yeah you're totally not ass hurt, fuck outta here.

:taker

"I HATE THESE PEOPLE AND THEREFORE ANY GOOD THEY CAN DO FOR ANYONE ELSE DOESN'T MATTER AND THEY SHOULD FAIL"

Cornette, is that you? :fuck
Even Cornette showed some respect for what they did with All In, Jesus. It's actually hilarious that a certain group of people don't like this not because it's potential competition, but because it's Cody, The Bucks, and co. behind it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great news, even tough everyone expected it. Working relantionship with NJPW is for sure. AEW would want to use some of their talent and NJPW would want to use them to be more popular in USA. It's a win-win situation and there wasn't an american wrestling promotion to treat NJPW as equals in the past except for ROH, in fact they treated them as a bigger promotion.
I'm also sure Jericho is in so more credibility for AEW. I could even see Punk join only to "hurt" WWE but I wouldn't want this to happen.

·
Baby Yoda
29,746 Posts
If Khan is willing to throw money around he can definitely sign top stars from the WWE who are coming off contract right off the bat.

Punk is not off the cards either.

I can't for All Elite chants to become the new Punk chants on Raw/SD.

That would really piss of Vince :lol

·
Banned
51 Posts
This is the most interesting to happen to the U.S. wrestling scene in years. Not only a new wrestling promotion, but one backed up with name talent, and most importantly, a billionaire.

I hope this succeeds, not only to give us all more high-quality wrestling to watch, but to (hopefully) force WWE's hand the way WCW did in the mid-90's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can I seriously ask, how is one playoff run in his time there as Khan turning around the Jag? Hell since he has took them over they have only hit over 500 once and are normally seem as basically non contenders every year. Here is the record of the jags since he took them over in 2012.

2012: 2-14
2013: 4-12
2014: 3-13
2015: 5-11
2016: 3-13
2017: 10-6, won AFC South and got to the AFC Championship
2018: 5-11

I also like how everyone is ignoring he also owns Fulham which used to be a top ten side in the EPL before he took over who have just returned to the EPL this season but looks like they are going back down. As for as I know both teams haven't had a massive injection of cash like many are believe it will happen. You don't made 7 billion dollars by tossing cash around, I believe he think he can make money here due to the success of all in.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,614 Posts
*Clicks on thread. Reads thread.* sigh Exactly what I expected.

Can we stop talking about WWE for a second? Stop talking about how this will force WWE to "step up". Stop talking about who AEW may steal from WWE. Just stop making about sticking it to WWE. Ugh

------

Anyway. Everyone knew about this months ago (thank you, Dave) so this doesn't come to me or anyone really. Not the biggest fan of The Elite but I hope they succeed in what they want to do. I just hope they are open to working with other promotions, and avoid being isolated as a promotion. Would open the doors for some younger, fresher talents on the indies if that's the case. Now I have my reservations about this. It could just turn out to be a Elite Vanity project which is ugh, but I hope they try to do a proper promotion and run it as such. They got big backers from what it looks like and hopefully it's used wisely. We'll see.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Can I seriously ask, how is one playoff run in his time there as Khan turning around the Jag? Hell since he has took them over they have only hit over 500 once and are normally seem as basically non contenders every year. Here is the record of the jags since he took them over in 2012.

2012: 2-14
2013: 4-12
2014: 3-13
2015: 5-11
2016: 3-13
2017: 10-6, won AFC South and got to the AFC Championship
2018: 5-11

I also like how everyone is ignoring he also owns Fulham which used to be a top ten side in the EPL before he took over who have just returned to the EPL this season but looks like they are going back down. As for as I know both teams haven't had a massive injection of cash like many are believe it will happen. You don't made 7 billion dollars by tossing cash around, I believe he think he can make money here due to the success of all in.
You seriously think people mean "wins and losses" when they say "turned the Jags around" :lmao? Seriously dude?

Edit: If Khan opted to be president of the company then he's most likely taking it seriously, which is great. But they should still do the slow burn, Double or Nothing getting the All In number isn't a guarantee. There's always the possibility that the novelty of knowing it can be done has worn.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
lol what is wrong with you people

Can't you just be intrigued about a new alternative? Always has to turn into a WWE vs anti-WWE thing that never ends well

Let's see how they do, best of luck
Jam my brother, I'm glad people are getting excited about a new company. I just hope all these people who are excited about this are supporting other alternatives like Lucha Underground, TNA etc.

221 - 240 of 8705 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.