Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former cop George McMichael, son Travis McMichael, and neighbor William Bryan all found guilty of murdering jogger Ahmaud Arbery. It's crazy to think they almost got away with that shit since it took months before any of them were even charged.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,376 Posts
Former cop George McMichael, son Travis McMichael, and neighbor William Bryan all found guilty of murdering jogger Ahmaud Arbery. It's crazy to think they almost got away with that shit since it took months before any of them were even charged.

Without the video, who knows how this case would have played out. To your point, they didn't have the video when it was first investigated. This case was as open and shut as the Rittenhouse trial was. If there was ever a debate to being for or against the death penalty, in this particular case, I would hope the people against will change their mind.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Without the video, who knows how this case would have played out. To your point, they didn't have the video when it was first investigated. This case was as open and shut as the Rittenhouse trial was. If there was ever a debate to being for or against the death penalty, in this particular case, I would hope the people against will change their mind.
What did the video show? Haven't been following the case due to the Rittenhouse trial going on at near the same time.

From my understanding they shot him as a result of suspicious activity and theft in the area, chased after him after seeing he was trespassing in a home and only fired a shot when he struggled for their gun. Understandable if he thought his life was in danger to try for the gun and had no options but what evidence did they provide to justify it was murder and not manslaughter? the video evidence I saw wasn't as clear as the Rittenhouse stuff as to what was going on. and what evidence was there proving they were racist? Was there clear evidence of that or just speculation like Rittinhouse?

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shit just unnecessary. Even if you give them the biggest benefit of the doubt they should've been minding their business.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,376 Posts
What did the video show? Haven't been following the case due to the Rittenhouse trial going on at near the same time.

From my understanding they shot him as a result of suspicious activity and theft in the area, chased after him after seeing he was trespassing in a home and only fired a shot when he struggled for their gun. Understandable if he thought his life was in danger to try for the gun and had no options but what evidence did they provide to justify it was murder and not manslaughter? the video evidence I saw wasn't as clear as the Rittenhouse stuff as to what was going on. and what evidence was there proving they were racist? Was there clear evidence of that or just speculation like Rittinhouse?
There was security footage of him in a house under construction a few times over a period of a few weeks. The homeowner said that nothing was ever taken and I guess we'll never know why he was there to begin with. He was not in the house on that day. He was in the neighborhood and someone had recognized him. That's when the guys took off after him in their truck, essentially cornering him. The defendants said they were trying to make a citizens arrest, but if you see the tape, that's clearly not what they were doing. After struggling with the gun, he was shot.

In my opinion, race wasn't a factor in this case, although it was white on black. Take race away from both sides and just look at the case itself and you'll have your answer. The media wants you to know it was about race, but again, looking at things colorblind, this was an easy decision for the jury, regardless of color.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
From my understanding they shot him as a result of suspicious activity and theft in the area, chased after him after seeing he was trespassing in a home and only fired a shot when he struggled for their gun
Imagine killing someone because you are "suspicious" of them being a thief, rather than being a decent human being and at least give them a chance to defend themselves, be that in a court or what. Of course the man is gonna be scared for his life, 3 random dudes are chasing you down with a gun, and you're a black man who constantly see's news stories of people with your skin colour being killed. They instigated the entire situation. Why even involve a gun in the first place? You're already 3v1.

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Of course you're skeptical

There was security footage of him in a house under construction a few times over a period of a few weeks. The homeowner said that nothing was ever taken and I guess we'll never know why he was there to begin with. He was not in the house on that day. He was in the neighborhood and someone had recognized him. That's when the guys took off after him in their truck, essentially cornering him. The defendants said they were trying to make a citizens arrest, but if you see the tape, that's clearly not what they were doing. After struggling with the gun, he was shot.

In my opinion, race wasn't a factor in this case, although it was white on black. Take race away from both sides and just look at the case itself and you'll have your answer. The media wants you to know it was about race, but again, looking at things colorblind, this was an easy decision for the jury, regardless of color.
Stop it lol, you think they're chasing Tanner Schmidt down 3 people deep with guns in this situation? No they'd have just, called the police and moved the fuck on. You think they get skeptical of every white neighbor they don't recognize? Skeptical to the point the rally the crew with guns to go talk to them?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Imagine killing someone because you are "suspicious" of them being a thief, rather than being a decent human being and at least give them a chance to defend themselves, be that in a court or what. Of course the man is gonna be scared for his life, 3 random dudes are chasing you down with a gun, and you're a black man who constantly see's news stories of people with your skin colour being killed. They instigated the entire situation. Why even involve a gun in the first place? You're already 3v1.
Agreed. But I can still see the need to bring a gun if they felt he was armed. I still don't see how it's murder and not manslaughter. What in the trial proved that they had intent to kill? It sounds to me like an altercation that escalated into a shooting due to the 3 men convicted, but for them to be charged with murder doesn't that mean they had premeditated inclination to kill Aubrey well before the struggle for the gun? I will go watch videos and research it myself, just haven't yet because Rittenhouse and the Christmas parade terrorist stories were still being covered and hard to keep up with all stories at once.

I will say the 3 men did look more remorseful than most who typically are charged with murder but again I don't know anything about them aside from them being white and from a small town in the south and the few videos Iv seen. but many who kill with intent typically dont show much emotion in trial. and of course the remorse may just be feeling sorry for themselves, but they don't strike me as the violent, criminal type from their mannerisms and behavior in court. i heard they have more federal charges coming for hate crime, they are really screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if they commit suicide in prison.

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed. But I can still see the need to bring a gun if they felt he was armed. I still don't see how it's murder and not manslaughter. What in the trial proved that they had intent to kill? It sounds to me like an altercation that escalated into a shooting due to the 3 men convicted, but for them to be charged with murder doesn't that mean they had premeditated inclination to kill Aubrey well before the struggle for the gun? I will go watch videos and research it myself, just haven't yet because Rittenhouse and the Christmas parade terrorist stories were still being covered and hard to keep up with all stories at once.

I will say the 3 men did look more remorseful than most who typically are charged with murder but again I don't know anything about them aside from them being white and from a small town in the south and the few videos Iv seen. but many who kill with intent typically dont show much emotion in trial. and of course the remorse may just be feeling sorry for themselves, but they don't strike me as the violent, criminal type from their mannerisms and behavior in court. i heard they have more federal charges coming for hate crime, they are really screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if they commit suicide in prison.

Krin: the 3 random guys that armed themselves to go chase down a person they assumed stole from a house in build didn't seem like the violent criminal types to me. They seemed pretty sad in court, I'm sure they were good people deep down. Sounds like that dead guy unfortunately escalated the situation into a killing, they should've got a lesser charge.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts

Krin: the 3 random guys that armed themselves to go chase down a person they assumed stole from a house in build didn't seem like the violent criminal types to me. They seemed pretty sad in court, I'm sure they were good people deep down. Sounds like that dead guy unfortunately escalated the situation into a killing, they should've got a lesser charge.
I looked at the case as objectively as I could and mentioned I don't know the full details on the story yet. Go gaslight your racism somewhere else. You literally admitted you support antifa and felt they were the ones in the right during the Rittinhouse trial. So please spare us this charade of trying to pretend like you're this well informed voice of reason, you certainly aren't.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

The black guy that ran over all those folks looked remorseful and sad in his pics, but you didn't bring that up for him. Cmon Krin lol.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
The black guy that ran over all those folks looked remorseful and sad in his pics, but you didn't bring that up for him lol. Cmon Krin.
I haven't seen them yet as he's only been in court for 1 day, while the 3 men who killed Aubrey have been on trial for, what I'm assuming is atleast 2 weeks. and I already mentioned I haven't been keeping up with every detail on all three big stories (Rittinhouse, Christmas Parade, and Aubrey).

are you suggesting I didn't bring it up because the Christmas terrorist is black? then you're trying a similar approach to RapShepphard, and it's quite pathetic. PS: running over 50 people intentionally isn't anything like killing 1 person that had trespassed onto a property several times over the course of weeks and was shot in a situation where it may be interpreted as self defense. Like, those cases aren't anything alike but you're here obsessing over just race, when I literally ran down everything I knew about the trial and mentioned I hadn't seen all the videos or information on it.

My conclusion is you're probably a racist yourself if that's the first thing your mind went to. cmon Klitsko

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I looked at the case as objectively as I could and mentioned I don't know the full details on the story yet. Go gaslight your racism somewhere else. You literally admitted you support antifa and felt they were the ones in the right during the Rittinhouse trial. So please spare us this charade of trying to pretend like you're this well informed voice of reason, you certainly aren't.
This you below

But I can still see the need to bring a gun if they felt he was armed. I still don't see how it's murder and not manslaughter.

I will say the 3 men did look more remorseful than most who typically are charged with murder they don't strike me as the violent, criminal type from their mannerisms and behavior in court.

Krin: I can see why these guys felt the need to be armed as they chased down to detain someone they assumed was stealing from an unfinished house. Idk why anybody would think they meant for somebody to die, they seem like cool not violent criminal people to me.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
This you below

Krin: I can see why these guys felt the need to be armed as they chased down to detain someone they assumed was stealing from an unfinished house. Idk why anybody would think they meant for somebody to die, they seem like cool not violent criminal people to me.
no, that's your racist and biased interpretation of what I said. Go back, reread it and come to me after your take off your race goggles since you can only view things through the lens of race. The reason I said I think they seemed remorseful in court is because I've watched many trials and typically, when someone is a violent murderer and had the intent to kill, they either act emotionless or have some odd quirks and behaviors and signs of some mental illness. These three men didn't seem that way at a glance, but I already mentioned several times that I don't know the full story. and I also mentioned that it's possible they just feel sorry for themselves.

Any other questions? any other tactics of projecting your racism to spin my words?

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
Apparently they're all facing a bare minimum of 30 years imprisonment (if the judge allows them opportunity at parole and they get it on the very first day available) so the older two will probably die in jail.

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no, that's your racist and biased interpretation of what I said. Go back, reread it and come to me after your take off your race goggles since you can only view things through the lens of race. The reason I said I think they seemed remorseful in court is because I've watched many trials and typically, when someone is a violent murderer and had the intent to kill, they either act emotionless or have some odd quirks and behaviors and signs of some mental illness. These three men didn't seem that way at a glance, but I already mentioned several times that I don't know the full story. and I also mentioned that it's possible they just feel sorry for themselves.

Any other questions? any other tactics of projecting your racism to spin my words?
This is you below in response to @Klitschko mentioning the tearful remorseful monster that ran through the winter parade

I haven't seen them yet as he's only been in court for 1 day
Meanwhile this is you below in another thread

They did eventually cover it. They however waited 8-9 hours after the suspect's identity and name was already leaked on every other outlet and other news channels were covering it. MSNBC and ABC waited long after to bring up the suspect's identity and were already making excuses. Using words like "tragedy" and claiming the suspect was fleeing police (which wasn't true). They failed to mentioned that all of the 6 victims were white and the suspect was black. They failed to mention his social media posts. They're already claiming it isn't a terrorist attack. like how can you even deny at this point that there is a double standard.
So you claim to have followed that situation so closely that you can pin point to the hour how long it took left wing media to name and discuss the monster black man that ran through the Christmas parade. But you expect us to believe you haven't seen that fearful mugshot?

Also notice you had time to read upon the monster Darrell Brooks history, but that Ahmaud Arbery case you know nothing except he looked at an unfinished house being built... an admittedly common thing in areas where new houses are under constant construction.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts