Wrestling Forum banner

Do you believe in aliens?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe in them?
Do you think they've ever been on earth?
Do you think they're watching us?
Do you think humans should reach out to them?

All these questions fascinate me, I'd like to see your answers lads.

Anyway mine are...

Yeah, I do believe in aliens.
I have no idea if they ever were on earth, I don't know.
I have no idea if they're watching us, I don't know.
I don't think humans should reach out to aliens, I assume it would most likely end with blood.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
I believe there could be life out there, No to everything else.

Why do you think if we reach out to them it'll end in blood. What if they are District 9 aliens who we could just force into living at slums.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
Do you believe in them?
This question could be phrased a lot better. Yes there is certainly life outside of Earth.

Unknowable, not going to offer baseless speculation.

Unknowable, not going to offer baseless speculation.

Humans can't even get along with their own species so I don't see how that could possibly go well. I disagree with the idea an alien civilization would conquer Earth or enslave/destroy humanity though. I find it hard to believe a violent civilization could be advanced and stable long enough to discover FTL travel and reach other systems.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Do you believe in them?
When you consider that life on Earth is formed from the most common elements in the Universe it's hard to believe that there isn't life out there.

No, considering the sheer vastness of space it's unlikely that alien life would've become aware of our existence in the 70 or so years that we've been putting signals out into the Universe.

See above.

Sure but with the caveat that nobody with any political power should be allowed to do so.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,851 Posts
Do you believe in them?
Sure. There is probably much more in the universe than just us.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Wouldn't matter if we did. If they could come to us and had a good reason to do so I think they would. I think the only good that could be accomplished is if we were just as or more technically advanced than them, say another world that has evolved along the same line as Earth.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Do you believe in them? Yes
Do you think they've ever been on earth? yes
Do you think they're watching us? Yes
Do you think humans should reach out to them? Yes, but they have little reason to respond

5,116 Posts
Other life in the universe? Absolutely.

Are we being watched or visited or abducted out of bed for supersecret alien experiments? VERY highly unlikely, but almost anything’s possible. Any life beyond our solar system is no more apt to be aware of us than we are of them and there’s nothing to say we could intercommunicate any better than we do with a tree or a whale.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts