Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
It's not a simple show for the fans - it's a purchased propaganda outlet for the KSA Monarchy. How many other places does WWE go where the country pays them tens of millions of dollars to do so? Did announcers profess how great Saudi Arabia is, how progressive the new Government is and did any wrestlers cut a promo in the middle of the ring extolling it's virtues again?
Idk. Did you understand what Mansoor said after he won the Rumble? ;)
And they´re awfully proud of that tower they had..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I gaurentee every single person on here posting would go to Saudi Arabia for 1 days work if they were paid 100k plus.

Whether it's blood money, Morally right, Selfish.....it doesn't make a difference. Does Ali need to announce it? no. Is it positive that he did? yes. Awareness for the charity means others may donate.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,056 Posts
Shaming the guy who donated his paycheck to charity...

Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Good for him to do this. Reading this thread and some of the comments I have to say that people here realize not everything has to be a negative. I like this forum and wrestling but man things get way to negative here most of the time.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Not everyone is in Daniel Bryan's position, where they can take the noble stand of not going. WWE can say that people can stay home if they don't feel comfortable going for whatever reason (whether they do or not, I don't know, but they seem to allow it at least), but I bet it is looked at unfavourably by Vince privately. Ali is just getting started in his career, he doesn't have enough of a name to make a difference elsewhere if WWE decided to let him go. Or WWE could just ship him back to 205 Live.

Ali made the best of a tough situation here.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Good for him. At least he knows the blood money can be spent on something else.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
A noble deed, for sure.

That said, I'm of the notion that I dislike when people have to announce publicly that they did a good deed. Comes off disingenuous and using something beneficial for the suffering person/party just to build your own image. If you truly mean it and we're going to help a cause, don't tell us. Fuck those who won't believe you. If you know you did it with pure intentions, that is all that matters.

Ali is a great guy so this isn't necessarily attacking him but there are many people who take advantage of a situation that isn't about them.

·
This is my show now
1,356 Posts
A noble deed, for sure.

That said, I'm of the notion that I dislike when people have to announce publicly that they did a good deed. Comes off disingenuous and using something beneficial for the suffering person/party just to build your own image. If you truly mean it and we're going to help a cause, don't tell us. Fuck those who won't believe you. If you know you did it with pure intentions, that is all that matters.

Ali is a great guy so this isn't necessarily attacking him but there are many people who take advantage of a situation that isn't about them.
It raises awareness and encourages others to do the same (both wrestlers who went to KSA and his fans with the means to donate).

It takes a really toxic mentality to look for something negative in this.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
A noble deed, for sure.

A lot of people online are bashing wrestlers for going, calling them sellouts, saying they're taking blood money. If your morals were constantly being questioned knowing that you did a good deed and tried to make the best of a bad situation, I can see why you might feel the need to make a statement on it. Especially for a guy like Ali, whose whole gimmick is being super wholesome, and a lot of Muslim and brown people look up to him.

As a celebrity these things are a lose-lose, if people don't hear about you doing charity they assume you're selfish and if they do hear about you doing charity, they think you're doing it for clout. I know I'd rather people think I'm donating money for clout rather than accepting a blood money payday.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It raises awareness and encourages others to do the same (both wrestlers who went to KSA and his fans with the means to donate).

It takes a really toxic mentality to look for something negative in this.
For fuck's sake, questioning one's intention doesn't mean someone is intently being negative. Get out of your feelings.

As I said clearly, Ali is a great guy and I think donation was genuine but the reality is that these things do tend to happen and people like to use deeds to "better" themselves and raise their profile than the cause they apparently care for. It happens.

I didn't even say that he simply could have refused to go like Bryan or Owens (although it IS an option). I understand they have to fulfill this obligation, as immoral and heartless as it is. The money is ultimately the goal.

Sheesh. :mj

·
This is my show now
1,356 Posts
For fuck's sake, questioning one's intention doesn't mean someone is intently being negative. Get out of your feelings.

As I said clearly, Ali is a great guy and I think donation was genuine but the reality is that these things do tend to happen and people like to use deeds to "better" themselves and raise their profile than the cause they apparently care for. It happens.

I didn't even say that he simply could have refused to go like Bryan or Owens (although it IS an option). I understand they have to fulfill this obligation, as immoral and heartless as it is. The money is ultimately the goal.

Sheesh. :mj
That second half of my post wasn't referring to you but the people bashing him and saying it's still blood money, that's why I separated it from my response to you. That being said, I think he did well with how he announced it. Just a simple statement straight to the point where the focus of his tweet was the charity with no direct mention of himself or KSA.

·
Banned
3,833 Posts
Coulda done that without tweeting about it tbh but still a good gesture
Agreed, and I wish that's where people would focus. He gave the blood money to a worthy cause and used social media to increase awareness of said cause.

And stop with the "he should have just refused to go" business, people. Ali ain't a top guy - WWE is so petty and fickle that they might easily bury him for such a refusal in a way they wouldn't, say, Daniel Bryan or Kevin Owens.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts