Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Look up Scarlett Bordeaux in Impact. Strip tease and lap dances for all :D.. Ok, maybe not all, but sex was a huge part of her gimmick, which she came up with herself.
I mean, yeah, she's hot. But it's just not what I'm tuning in for. Also, from a wrestling perspective, why would they ever have a bra and panties match? Just doesn't make much sense. I love football, but I wouldn't be happy if WWE started doing 5-a-sides for Survivor Series elim matches.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I think before the PG era started hit the WWE, they start leave behind the Bra & Panties and any kind that related to that thing, ECW strip poker and stripper Kelly didn't do well, Playboy photoshoot with WWE Divas in 2007(Massaro) and 2008(Maria) edition look so weak compare Torrie Wilson (2003) and Torrie and Sable (2004)(in here ,I believe Playboy actually want Lita or Trish or both of them to appear but they keep refuse the offer until they retired in 2006).

I know the sex (still) sells like TNA Knockout Evening gown gain big views on YouTube, but we know where the numbers come from. But with current situation and culture, can WWE pull it back? They tried with Alexa naked back and Mandy Rose hotel invitation, but it would create huge blast to WWE.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I mean, yeah, she's hot. But it's just not what I'm tuning in for. Also, from a wrestling perspective, why would they ever have a bra and panties match? Just doesn't make much sense. I love football, but I wouldn't be happy if WWE started doing 5-a-sides for Survivor Series elim matches.
Neither do I, but I do think wrestling should have diversity. Great matches, comedy and a little sex. And from a wrestling perspective? That´s easy -To humiliate the opponent.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...has she seen the shorts she wears in the ring?

Its not that different.

It's weird how shit that Lita and Trish were doing in 2000 is somehow game changing to this Era of women. There's this idea now that all the women who came along before Paige v Emma were just eye candy who competed in bra and panties matches every week.
It’s easy to say what you would or would not do after WWE had already phased out that kind of stuff long before you even got there. The only reason Alexa is popular in the first place is BECAUSE of her looks and her body. She isn’t popular because of her wrestling (which she’s not even good at).

She was also on Total Divas and she has plenty of photos of her being in skimpy outfits/bikinis, stripping down to her bra in live-streams but Bra & Panties matches are bad?

Last time I check Bra & Panties Matches ended AFTER the divas were stripped down to them, they didn’t wrestle the entire match in them like she’s implying.

·
Registered
14,179 Posts
Everyone is always so overly dramatic these days.. All REEEEEEEAAAAGE at suggestions of any risque outfit or "get out the thongs!! drool drool"

You know there is a middle ground.. you can have outfits with a hint of lingerie appearance that aren't g-strings and micro bras you know.. No imaginaion on people these days.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Lol at all the SJW people strongly opposing bra and panties matches and mudfights. Dont really see how painfully degrading those things are like some people do. But hey its 2020.

·
Premium Member
8,556 Posts
If a woman wrestler or other talent wants to show off in her bikini or undergarments, do a sexy photoshoot, shake her ass a bit to add some sex appeal and it's HER idea or it's completely optional then I'm all for that but definitely 100% no to forcing these lame "matches" on the female talent just for "ratings".

The main problem with bringing back B&P matches (which won't happen anyhow) is that it portrays women less as professional wrestlers and more of sex objects and also forces women with actual talent to participate when they may rather not.

It reduces the women to a role of not being able to showcase any real wrestling talent and instead they are portrayed as lesser athletes and performers than the men, but now we see many of the women are better wrestlers than the men and have more entertaining matches.

The B&P matches were just to get random casuals or non-fans to stop channel surfing during the late 90s early 00s, a time where more "stimulating content" wasn't as easily available or widespread. It was all done for ratings and to appeal to the AE fans that wanted edgier content. It was reflective of that time but like many things from the 90s has not aged well and I don't see any credible reason to bring them back today with the current women wrestlers. The kind of fan that is clamoring for them to return now in 2020 I don't even understand.

Bra and Panties matches weren't even good matches and most of the people that claim they want them back would probably get bored of them by the next week and trash on them anyhow. These "matches" will remain part of WWE's AE/Ruthless Agression era past and that's where they belong. I will say I appreciate the women who participated in them not for the matches but for going out there and entertaining.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,228 Posts
People here in past often excused strange happenings in the shows with "they were asked before for sure". But what else are you doing, if you don`t want to stay away from the shows instead? "I do this, but I won`t do that." is typical phrase people use. We should not overthink that.

Other people would say, that they won`t do the following thing:

As long the person is happy with it and was not forced or convinced with pressure, it is okay. Both images taken from a video from WWE Youtube:

For me personally, I "could never" expose the problems of a family member for a entertainment TV show, like the women did in Total Divas. Compared to that, in my personal opinion, B&P was harmless.

·
IRAN #1
2,409 Posts
We respect them and their goodies too. They are practically in bras and panties anyways.
Now they have women with a lot of talent who can wrestle, unlike 2001.. They were treated only as eye candy back then which is incredibly insulting to women, especially with how sensitive this world is today... B&P matches just seem pointless now.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I believe it was one on one triple h vs somebody, I know one of the female representative was a storyline paramedic
I remember Jerry Lawler having a match with somebody and every time they got thrown out the ring Terri or The Kat would have to strip (which is when Right To Censor made its debut).

EDIT: It was Dean Malenko

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I remember Jerry Lawler having a match with somebody and every time they got thrown out the ring Terri or The Kat would have to strip (which is when Right To Censor made its debut).

EDIT: It was Dean Malenko
Yea we might be talking about the same match, trips might have been the authority figure who ordered the match.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts