Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

According to these stats the Lily doll is the 2nd highest grossing item WWE is selling right now, and because of those high sales Alexa Bliss now sits 3rd overall in total money sold behind Stone Cold and John Cena.

I thought people hated the gimmick though and that it wasn't over? I hate the gimmick personally, but to say it isn't over is completely wrong.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,202 Posts
She sells tons of merch even without Lilly but it just means more with it to boost those sales.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
This list is just an estimate. It has been exposed in the other thread. Kindly check:

So no one seems to have read the article?

This was their methodology:
  • Estimated Sales and Estimated Earnings is the number that we came up with based on the Official WWE Annual Report, and the number of reviews on the Official WWE Shop.
  • On the annual report, we can see that they had about 700k sales, and we managed to scrape about 7k reviews on the official shop, which is about 1% of 700k sales. So, we've multiplied our numbers by 100 to get a close estimate.
  • Figures are as of December 22, 2021
This is literally like making up numbers out of your ass. A cursory glance at this should make it evident that this entirely inaccurate. Brock isn't even on here.

They also for some reason split The Bloodline T-Shirt across 3 people in Reigns and The Usos despite it being the best selling item on the store. Then you have nuggets like them estimating 1600 Austin belts sold using their methodology when only 500 have ever been produced. There should be a better standard for articles posted. This is how you essentially spread misinformation.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Why do they separate The bloodline shirts from The Usos and Reigns if they are all the same lol.

I don't know much about the legitimacy of this list but I would believe nerds are buying these dolls for suspicious purposes.

·
Registered
Lunacy Has Found Me
514 Posts
AFAIK, Alexa was always a good merch seller, one of the best in the women's division, but this gimmick somehow manages to be the best seller, apparently.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Before jumping to any conclusion, folks should take a close look at the formula which led them to these estimates:

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Plushies and dolls are easy gifts, especially for kids, so I can see the appeal. I just want to know who is still buying all those championship belts and how are they still in demand.

The estimated sales are sus with nice round numbers though.

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
Nice to her. This shows how popular she is. Compared to Charlotte lol.

Reactions: otbr87
1 - 20 of 65 Posts