Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 6063 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,466 Posts
With all these rumors circulating that it might be Mandy Rose taking on Asuka at WM for the SD women's title, They should just book Alexa to win the EC and challenge her making the shift to Smackdown a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Re: Alexa Bliss Fan Thread #2

Not going to happen but I would love if Alexa Bliss return at Royal Rumble Match threw out both Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair to win. In all serious if Alexa Bliss doesn’t return at Royal Rumble Match I cannot see her returning until after Wrestlemaina 35. When Alexa Bliss starts a Babyface run which ends with her winning Woman’s Championship at Wrestlemaina 36.
Wouldn't that be awesome. But the chances are slim. But one can dream. As far as no ring action until after Wrestlemania. I don't know, that a pretty far way away. According to real sources like Mark Henry, and stuff from Alexa herself, she's probably close to being ready.

But I'll tell you this about the babyface run theory. That's exactly what the Alexa haters are truly scared to death of. Alexa won 5 championships as a heel. She was the woman ambassador of the company as a HEEL. Being a heel and representing the company the way they had her do is a rarity. That job is usually for faces.

Also, wrestlers like Charlotte and Becky already had their wins ... as both Heel AND Face. Both women have peaked in both areas. The storylines have been played out already. (Charlotte actually multiple times switched back and forth) Alexa has only been a heel (main roster and most of NXT). And we all know the company thinks highly of her. Now anything can happen obviously, but I would put my money on a FACE championship run. It's almost as it's destined to happen. When, who knows? She's just so dam good at being a heel, they may ride that a while longer. As a heel she's one of the top merchandise sellers and the fans dig her. The fact that the young girls & boys like her even with her bad guy persona on TV is pretty amazing in itself. Now just imagine all of this as a face.

P.S. - Funny/interesting little sidenote. Recently Alexa was asked, who would win? Face Alexa or Heel Alexa in a match? Basically she answered, tough one. Face Alexa did more/different moves, but Heel Alexa cheats/plays dirty. I think she said Heel. Anyway, my point is, there's Alexa clearly acknowledging she has a completely different moveset for her face character. The old tired bashing that Alexa gets from haters that she doesn't do the stuff women like Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, etc... do. Well the interesting thing is the other women never changed. They always do the same stuff, face/heel. Seems like Alexa has, not only two personas but has two different wrestling styles to go with each. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

Almost forgot because this is bothering me. I didn't like how Ronda laughed when Alexa said "I thought you were talking about me". Somehow , (yes I know it's acting, etc..) that didn't sit well with me. What's actually so funny about that? It's as if Ronda is now the darling veteran that's been around for years, and Alexa was a ring announcer. Again, they made Alexa look like a joke. Show some respect to the people that been around for years.

What else did you expect? That's how she has been treated every single time in segments/matches with Ronda. Lexi was already working her ass off in NXT when Ronda still thought she could beat every chick in the UFC with one hand tied behind her back, but hey, we all know the fans don't care about facts. They create their own narrative.

With all these rumors circulating that it might be Mandy Rose taking on Asuka at WM for the SD women's title, They should just book Alexa to win the EC and challenge her making the shift to Smackdown a whole lot easier.

Oh my God, are you serious? Has Mandy even had a PPV singles match since she's been on the main roster? A major, main event style singles match on SmackDown at least? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall anything like that. Now she's getting a title match with Asuka at WrestleMania? That would be hilarious and the reactions to that announcement should be hilarious as well.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts

What else did you expect? That's how she has been treated every single time in segments/matches with Ronda. Lexi was already working her ass off in NXT when Ronda still thought she could beat every chick in the UFC with one hand tied behind her back, but hey, we all know the fans don't care about facts. They create their own narrative.
Yeah, I know. It just irks me. All that what you said, PLUS the fact that Alexa got injured in those matches with Ronda. Regardless if it was Ronda's fault or not, just looks really bad.

Nothing would make me happier if Ronda first loss comes at the hand of Alexa. I don't care what anyone says, there's got to be a least one writer on staff (who is obviously overruled by the majority & Ronda's contract) that would write that story in a heartbeat. Got to be a least one writer that after that first match at Summer Slam, while backstage had to bite their tongue not to go up to Alexa and apologize. You almost have to have no soul not to be on staff and not feel awkward around Alexa after that embarrassing match. That stuff is meant for people in the dog house or wrestlers you are firing. Not good, hard working loyal people like Alexa. The fact that even with all that and the injuries she is rock solid and dosen't complain. Shows the class and respect she has for the business. I believe she will be rewarded 10 fold in the future.

·
Banned
341 Posts

Vince clearly likes Mandy. No offense to her. But her sex appeal is clearly a huge part of it. She reminds me a bit of Trish in that regard. Her push seems to be based on that right now. AS far as her credibility goes, I Can't see her wrestling Asuka at Mania. I mean how many singles ppv matches has she done? Alexa done 8 plus. Been at 2 manias, 2 Summer Slams, 2 SS, and 2 RR. Shes experienced, or at least more. As it is I Think Alexa moving to SD is prob her best career move. IT seems very cluttered on Raw, and with the way they are booking Ronda. I Don't see Alexa getting the upper hand for a while. Have Becky and Charlotte move to Raw, to do their Triple Threat at Mania. And have Ember and Alexa move to SD Live.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Nothing would make me happier if Ronda first loss comes at the hand of Alexa.

I would be perfectly fine if Ronda retired before Alexa ever had the chance to face her again. Let her drop the belt to Charlotte or Becky, go home and have a bunch of kids. Problem solved.

Vince clearly likes Mandy. No offense to her. But her sex appeal is clearly a huge part of it. She reminds me a bit of Trish in that regard. Her push seems to be based on that right now. AS far as her credibility goes, I Can't see her wrestling Asuka at Mania. I mean how many singles ppv matches has she done?

That is literally her whole gimmick. She's the only one being booked and presented like it's 1999, including Corey Graves doing his Jerry Lawler impression whenever she comes out.

Personally I don't really give a shit who wrestles Asuka at WrestleMania, but I'm just saying it's a little odd to give that spot to someone who has been on the main roster for over a year and hasn't done jack shit as a singles wrestler. She never even did anything in NXT, either. Someone who is completely untested on any level shouldn't be put in that position. Let her and her BFF go after the tag titles if they want to push her.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nothing would make me happier if Ronda first loss comes at the hand of Alexa.

I would be perfectly fine if Ronda retired before Alexa ever had the chance to face her again. Let her drop the belt to Charlotte or Becky, go home and have a bunch of kids. Problem solved.

Vince clearly likes Mandy. No offense to her. But her sex appeal is clearly a huge part of it. She reminds me a bit of Trish in that regard. Her push seems to be based on that right now. AS far as her credibility goes, I Can't see her wrestling Asuka at Mania. I mean how many singles ppv matches has she done?

That is literally her whole gimmick. She's the only one being booked and presented like it's 1999, including Corey Graves doing his Jerry Lawler impression whenever she comes out.

Personally I don't really give a shit who wrestles Asuka at WrestleMania, but I'm just saying it's a little odd to give that spot to someone who has been on the main roster for over a year and hasn't done jack shit as a singles wrestler. She never even did anything in NXT, either. Someone who is completely untested on any level shouldn't be put in that position. Let her and her BFF go after the tag titles if they want to push her.
I agreed I think it’s too early for Mandy Rose I think she will win Money In The Bank, as for Alexa Bliss if she doesn’t return in the Royal Rumble Match I don’t expect her to wrestle until after Wrestlemaina 35.

·
Banned
341 Posts

I agreed I think it’s too early for Mandy Rose I think she will win Money In The Bank, as for Alexa Bliss if she doesn’t return in the Royal Rumble Match I don’t expect her to wrestle until after Wrestlemaina 35.
If she is not returning to post WM 35. Maybe best to keep her off TV. Either repackage her in some way. Or turn to a face turn. I know everyone says how good a heel she is, she plays that bitch role very well. But I am really intriqued by her appeal as a babyface. I do recall that EC promo she did. When it looked like she turned Face.

And seeing all those little girls in the crowd. Yeah Yeah most wrestling fans are males. But most of the demographic you see in the crowd these days are Kids with their Parents. I Think Alexa could portray a Body Confidence Babyface far stronger than Nia did.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If she is not returning to post WM 35. Maybe best to keep her off TV. Either repackage her in some way. Or turn to a face turn. I know everyone says how good a heel she is, she plays that bitch role very well. But I am really intriqued by her appeal as a babyface. I do recall that EC promo she did. When it looked like she turned Face.

And seeing all those little girls in the crowd. Yeah Yeah most wrestling fans are males. But most of the demographic you see in the crowd these days are Kids with their Parents. I Think Alexa could portray a Body Confidence Babyface far stronger than Nia did.
Alexa Bliss would a good underdog babyface get rid of the goddess nickname and bring back five feet of fury as a nickname. Imagine a Babyface underdog Alexa Bliss against a heel Ronda Rousey or Charlotte Flair is great.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts

Alexa Bliss would a good underdog babyface get rid of the goddess nickname and bring back five feet of fury as a nickname. Imagine a Babyface underdog Alexa Bliss against a heel Ronda Rousey or Charlotte Flair is great.
I'd vote for that.

·
Registered
549 Posts

She talks about her injury at about the 24 minute mark and "there is hope to get back in the ring relatively soon." Didn't know that you always have to start the process to get cleared from step 1 if you show symptons, but thats definitely the right way to go.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

"there is hope to get back in the ring relatively soon."

I have not listened to it yet, but that quote means absolutely nothing. Hope? Relatively soon? This is how you answer a question without actually giving a real answer.

·
Registered
549 Posts

I guess nobody expexted a precise answer to that question. If she were to retire she wouldn't say it, if she were to return this Monday she wouldn't say that either.

·
Registered
255 Posts

She will be prepared for that and answer any questions of these kind without really answering them. I mean it won't be a yes or no answer if it comes to being in the Rumble for example.

As expected!

The rest of the Q&A is nothing really new to anyone who listened to her podcats with Lilian or followed her career.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

I guess nobody expexted a precise answer to that question. If she were to retire she wouldn't say it, if she were to return this Monday she wouldn't say that either.
I understand that.

Just watched the clip and maybe it's just me, but I'm not getting a very positive or optimistic vibe from her at all. That definitely did not feel like she's coming back in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

Well she's not gonna say she's returning at the Rumble if they have told her she is going to be an unannounced entry or want her to cut a promo in the next 2 weeks saying she is entering the Rumble/

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Well she's not gonna say she's returning at the Rumble if they have told her she is going to be an unannounced entry or want her to cut a promo in the next 2 weeks saying she is entering the Rumble/

Again, I understand that. It was more about the way she talked about it, her voice, her body language, etc. It just felt like she's in the exact same spot she's been in for months. No light at the end of the tunnel. It didn't feel like she knows she's coming back and just can't reveal it yet.

·
Banned
341 Posts

Again, I understand that. It was more about the way she talked about it, her voice, her body language, etc. It just felt like she's in the exact same spot she's been in for months. No light at the end of the tunnel. It didn't feel like she knows she's coming back and just can't reveal it yet.
I think thats jumping to extreme conclusions. IF they have a return planned for her, she cannot obviousley go into any more detail. Nor do I Think her body language to me anyway suggests anything either way. Looks to me she is ready herself to return to the ring, but has not had the green light from WWE yet.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Alexa kind of dodges the question of what is the status between her and Murphy. Could anyone make sense of that? All I could gather is that they support one another and see each other once a month. It’s her personal life so I completely understand if she wants to keep it private; I just find it odd that she went into extreme detail about her relationship but then still ultimately dodged the question that Lilian asked.

61 - 80 of 6063 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.