Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 6063 Posts

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,683 Posts
Re: Alexa Bliss Fan Thread #2

Fuck this shit. Yet another segment they advertised around Alexa which had absolutely nothing to do with her. Nothing about her and Rousey, nothing about her being in the Rumble Match, NOTHING.

Between this nonsense and that atrocious Lesnar-Strowman segment 2019 looks a lot like 2018 to me.
, 3 weeks before the rumble so she still could be a surprise entrant and win the RUMBLE.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Fuck this shit. Yet another segment they advertised around Alexa which had absolutely nothing to do with her. Nothing about her and Rousey, nothing about her being in the Rumble Match, NOTHING.

Between this nonsense and that atrocious Lesnar-Strowman segment 2019 looks a lot like 2018 to me.
, 3 weeks before the rumble so she still could be a surprise entrant and win the RUMBLE.
She is not winning the rumble :lmao. She will be in it most likely but her winning it would make 0 sense. Hopefully she is final 4 though if she returns in it.

·
Registered
877 Posts

I don’t think if she comes back she will win the Royal Rumble Match on the other hand my dream sultation is that if she wins Royal Rumble her and Ronda Rousey do a double turn. Ronda Rousey makes fun of Alexa Bliss being fragile and saying that she will destroy her once again. Meanwhile Alexa Bliss gets emotional on the Raw after the Royal Rumble and says now that she’s back she it going to win her championship back the right way, meanwhile Ronda Rousey comes down with her horsewoman friends and beats Alexa Bliss down nobody comes out to help because of what she’s done in the past at Wrestlemaina 35 Alexa Bliss overcomes all the odds winning Raw Woman’s Championship the right way beating Ronda Rousey and gaining the respect of the locker room.

Not going to happen but that would be what I would want if Alexa Bliss won the Royal Rumble Match.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts

Alright, my breakdown of the segment last night.

First off to get this out of the way. She looked fantastic and her promo was great. Happy to see her out there instead of not seeing her at all.

The whole segment at the the top of the ramp didn't bother me once I saw how it played out. I will admit as I saw the setup, I was disappointed that it wasn't in the middle of the ring. But on the ramp it made sense because of the Nia interruption.

Now to the details. Ronda Rousey is not good at all on the mic. She is out classed, out talked, out ... everything by just about every other Women wrestler. That was like a college professor sitting next to a first grader. Ronda is the opposite of smooth. How awful was she?, she comes out and denies the handshake. Then Alexa gives her a complement, THEN Ronda goes on to say "thank you", all happy by the compliment. Ronda is just plain terrible. Zero sense of awareness.

I watched it twice. This is where you pick up on the little things. Like Alexa pausing and waiting for Ronda to pick up her mic, before talking to her. (you could see her almost start to talk, but stopped to wait and look at Ronda then the mic) As if to say, come on Ronda, let's go here ... stop your stupid fake smiling. And yes, it's fake. Ronda is a terrible person inside. She gave zero to the fans at UFC, disrespected the media, she's in her own world. What you see now is all phony, she does this because she is paid handsomely to be nice. Much like how Disney handles their employees at their parks. They bite their tongue and smile.

On to the interruptions. I thought they came out a little too quick. They needed at least three questions, then come out. Nia comes out on the same question by Alexa .. but third. Plus Alexa needed to command the mic after the interruptions, and say something like "whoa, whoa, ... everybody CALM DOWN. This is my show ..." something like that. Which brings me to this, I actually thought Nia was really good. She was very smooth, and commanded the mic. Then Sasha was ok too. Both trumped Ronda.

Finally, I still think a segment with John Cena would have been better this week. Should have pushed last nights segment to next week. I agree with others, that the first Moment of Bliss should have not been hijacked. Should have focused mostly on Alexa. Cena/Alexa would have been a lot of fun. My 2 cents.

P.S. - Still believe she will be a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

1) Like I said before, if she was gonna be a surprise entrant they would have kept her off TV for a few weeks and it would be far more Alexa Bliss-like to announce to the world that you're entering the Rumble, winning it and getting your title back. After last night I would put decent money on her not returning at the Rumble.

2) I'm not blaming Brock or Strowman, but that segment was fucking awful. Horribly put together, horribly written, ZERO creativity. It was a waste of everyone's time. An episode of Total Bellas is better than that segment.

·
Banned
341 Posts

1) Like I said before, if she was gonna be a surprise entrant they would have kept her off TV for a few weeks and it would be far more Alexa Bliss-like to announce to the world that you're entering the Rumble, winning it and getting your title back. After last night I would put decent money on her not returning at the Rumble.

2) I'm not blaming Brock or Strowman, but that segment was fucking awful. Horribly put together, horribly written, ZERO creativity. It was a waste of everyone's time. An episode of Total Bellas is better than that segment.
I dont think last night suggests anything tbh. Alexa has not been kept off TV for months even with her health status. Rumbles just over 3 weeks away, anything could change from this point on. Its not implausible to me she could be a surprise entrant. And I Think the best option is to set up a Trish Alexa confrontation. For a feud at mania. That is probably her best option. As it is unless she enters the rumble, wins it. And faces Asuka at Mania. Unlikely. That is it. If she does not enter the rumble, just have to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

With how that segment was last night that wasn't the spot to announce she is entering, if she is gonna be in it. It's not like the Rumble is this weekend, there are 2 Raw's left.

She has a panel this weekend at AceCon so will be interesting if someone asks about her return how she responds.

·
Banned
341 Posts

With how that segment was last night that wasn't the spot to announce she is entering, if she is gonna be in it. It's not like the Rumble is this weekend, there are 2 Raw's left.

She has a panel this weekend at AceCon so will be interesting if someone asks about her return how she responds.
Yeah that is why I Said. The whole segment was just to put over the Nia/Sasha confrontation and #1 contender match. With 3 weeks to go, they prob should of of of put that next weeks Raw. But Alexa feels like until she returns to the ring, enhancement talent. Be cool next week if they do the segment again with Cena. But RR is 3 weeks away, why would she announce her entrance in the RR match. With much going on in that segment?

·
Registered
255 Posts

She will be prepared for that and answer any questions of these kind without really answering them. I mean it won't be a yes or no answer if it comes to being in the Rumble for example.

A bit off-topic, but these AceCon people are really fleecing the fans of the celebs appearing there. You need to buy a ticket to access the show ($65 for Friday) and if you want an autograph from Alexa it's $45, a photo is $55 extra. Lilian, Becky and Alexa are rather affordable, for a pic with Michael Fassbender it's $200. Probably business as usual at these events today. For $165 I would rather drive to an arena where Raw is being held and take my chance to get an autograph and a pic. Of course there are no guarantees, but there is always a chance.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts

She will be prepared for that and answer any questions of these kind without really answering them. I mean it won't be a yes or no answer if it comes to being in the Rumble for example.

A bit off-topic, but these AceCon people are really fleecing the fans of the celebs appearing there. You need to buy a ticket to access the show ($65 for Friday) and if you want an autograph from Alexa it's $45, a photo is $55 extra. Lilian, Becky and Alexa are rather affordable, for a pic with Michael Fassbender it's $200. Probably business as usual at these events today. For $165 I would rather drive to an arena where Raw is being held and take my chance to get an autograph and a pic. Of course there are no guarantees, but there is always a chance.
Do you one better. Why not go to an a RAW event and buy a ticket, enjoy the show. Plus try to get an autograph and a pic like you said. Win/Win.

Now I was thinking. Who would her next guest be? Seeing what played out. Won't be Ronda, would it be Sasha? That would be interesting to say the least. LOL. I personally don't want it to be Nia, she had her spot on Monday, plus the big match. Give some else a chance now.

Maybe Bayley? Question her on how she feels her best friend is getting a shot at the title. That kind of stuff. Stir the pot. Imho, I think it needs to be a male wrestler. That way it would open her segments up to a wide range. Give it range rather than just sticking to the female division. Like I been saying since last week, Cena would be perfect. Or maybe even someone like Rollins would be interesting. Having men on the show would make her segments unique beyond things we saw from Miz or Jericho for a small example.

My only problem, is that I fear that ANY wrestler male or female will result in an interruption. Kinda like what we got on Monday. Ok, fine but that's been done so many times before. But for crying out loud, at the very least, give more time to the "interview" section.

·
Immovable
888 Posts

I'd be nice to see her return in the Royal Rumble. A final 4 of Becky, Charlotte, Bliss & Sasha would be cool. Bliss returning from injury and Becky (and Sasha) entering after losing earlier in the night and tie in all the history between the four of them it would make for a nice little story, I bet the crowd would be in to it.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

My best guess is this: Alexa does not return at Rumble cause she still isn't cleared.

Charlotte wins Rumble and chooses to face Rousey at WrestleMania so they need to get her onto RAW... at which time, the powers that be realize they need to send someone of high quality back to SmackDown to balance the rosters so they choose Alexa.

At that point, she is kept off TV until cleared and eventually makes a surprise return while on the road to WrestleMania.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

I'd be nice to see her return in the Royal Rumble. A final 4 of Becky, Charlotte, Bliss & Sasha would be cool. Bliss returning from injury and Becky (and Sasha) entering after losing earlier in the night and tie in all the history between the four of them it would make for a nice little story, I bet the crowd would be in to it.

I wonder if anyone will complain about Becky being booked too strong when she wins/co-wins the Royal Rumble after having a match with Asuka earlier in the show.

:duck

·
Banned
341 Posts

I wonder if anyone will complain about Becky being booked too strong when she wins/co-wins the Royal Rumble after having a match with Asuka earlier in the show.

:duck
Well according to Meltzer (Yeah I know Meltzer). WWE are planning Becky Ronda at Mania, not Charlotte. So it is probably unlikely Charlotte wins the Rumble. I well say Becky loses to Asuka, but enters the Rumble and wins it. Of course if they booked Alexa like that in her run. The amount of crying would be unstoppable. But Becky is the Internet Darling so it is okay. I like Becky, but it is like that.

As for Alexa, who knows. She has not been officially cleared yet by WWE. She was posting PC photos a month ago. Have not seen much development since then. She did post that IG story of her reading a exercise/muscle book. So who knows.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Well according to Meltzer (Yeah I know Meltzer). WWE are planning Becky Ronda at Mania, not Charlotte. So it is probably unlikely Charlotte wins the Rumble. I well say Becky loses to Asuka, but enters the Rumble and wins it. Of course if they booked Alexa like that in her run. The amount of crying would be unstoppable. But Becky is the Internet Darling so it is okay. I like Becky, but it is like that.

That was my point. When Alexa was champion she was losing non-title matches all the time and these morons still complained about her being booked too strong. Becky will have a match with Asuka and co-win the Royal Rumble later that night. If that was Alexa or in the men's Rumble match someone like Cena or Roman they would lose their shit and threaten to cancel their Network subscription.

... and by the way, I don't give a damn about Meltzer's predictions. The first ever women's main event at WrestleMania and Charlotte Flair not being a part of it? Yeah, right. I'll believe that when I see it. I guess Dave didn't watch Survivor Series and TLC, either.

·
Banned
341 Posts

That was my point. When Alexa was champion she was losing non-title matches all the time and these morons still complained about her being booked too strong. Becky will have a match with Asuka and co-win the Royal Rumble later that night. If that was Alexa or in the men's Rumble match someone like Cena or Roman they would lose their shit and threaten to cancel their Network subscription.

... and by the way, I don't give a damn about Meltzer's predictions. The first ever women's main event at WrestleMania and Charlotte Flair not being a part of it? Yeah, right. I'll believe that when I see it. I guess Dave didn't watch Survivor Series and TLC, either.
Probably a triple threat. Charlotte, Becky, and Ronda.

As for Alexa. I Think a match with Trish is prob the best option at this stage. Even if she does not participate in the Rumble match.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts

Almost forgot because this is bothering me. I didn't like how Ronda laughed when Alexa said "I thought you were talking about me". Somehow , (yes I know it's acting, etc..) that didn't sit well with me. What's actually so funny about that? It's as if Ronda is now the darling veteran that's been around for years, and Alexa was a ring announcer. Again, they made Alexa look like a joke. Show some respect to the people that been around for years. Plus that's where there should have been a little back and forth. Ronda should've said.. oh, yeah why you think that? Then Alexa says, because before you came here I was a five time champion... then the interruption by Nia. Seriously, these writers at WWE are crap.

I also wonder how it sits with people that because of a celebrity gimmick huge contract and a major injury is the only reason why certain wrestlers are in the spotlight. If the injury never happened, we wouldn't be even talking about the other women right now. WWE was desperate to fill the HUGE void. They basically turned a woman into a man and gave a non deserving celebrity a belt run. Meanwhile pushing several more deserving and talented wrestlers under the rug, and never giving them a chance in the spotlight.

I don't hate or even dislike Becky. But it's kinda funny how "the man" doesn't have the belt. She barely even held it. It's hilarious. Asuka, barely talking English is more intriguing right now. Lot's of talking and chest pumping between the other two. And Asuka is the one with the belt. LOL What's also funny is how back when Ruby Riott was calling out Charlotte. They couldn't have that, now could they. Ruby laid a pipe bomb on Charlotte to the T. But that feud got squashed instantaneously to save face. Want to know why? Because Ruby got a little "too real", she exposed truths ... and Charlotte/Becky are friends. It's like Hogan running WCW, she calls the shots. Ruby/Charlotte was never going anywhere. What a shame. And don't be fooled, if Becky faced Ronda back at Survivor, she wasn't going to do what what Charlotte did. Having Charlotte beat down Ronda was a last minute audible. They HAD TO. They couldn't let Charlotte be beat knowing they were building to a feud down the road. So they chose a disqualification beat down. If it was Becky, Ronda would have crushed her for the clean sweep of RAW.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not going to happen but I would love if Alexa Bliss return at Royal Rumble Match threw out both Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair to win. In all serious if Alexa Bliss doesn’t return at Royal Rumble Match I cannot see her returning until after Wrestlemaina 35. When Alexa Bliss starts a Babyface run which ends with her winning Woman’s Championship at Wrestlemaina 36.

41 - 60 of 6063 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.