Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you asked me who the most underrated guy on the TNA roster is currently, I'd probably say Alex Shelley.

I really think that Alex Shelley has the potential to be a top guy in TNA. I see World Title potential in Alex Shelley.

He's got a good look, he's in awesome shape, he's can wrestle his ass off, he's a really good promo and on top of all of that, he's a handsome son-of-a bitch. He carries himself like a star and from what I hear, he's a good musician as well. He's also got that youth factor being only 28 years old.

Paul Heyman once talked about taking a young guy and seeing that young guy grow in 5 years time. Alex Shelley, to me, is that young guy.

While Sabin is pretty good himself, I see a lot more potential in Alex Shelley.

I feel Magnus could be a huge star as well, but with his look & talents, I predict WWE will come calling within the next couple of years.

Personally, if I were in charge...those 2 would be the guys I'd be building up for my future.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Magnus has more of that WWE look to me.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i agree, maybe not about shelly being world champion, but he is damn good.

imo though, mcmg should stay together for the long haul. i know they've been teaming for 4-5 years, but they still have a lot they can do. tna need to give them competition to work with though like the briscoes or american wolves or tmdk. mcmg can go down as 1 of the best tag teams wrestling has ever seen.

magnus is another guy with a lot of potential, bu the has to prove he can be a good singles star. since hes gotten to tna hes always been in a team. british invasion, london brawling, british invasion again, and now with samoa joe. hes still pretty young though 25 or something right? so i think he can be a world champ 1 day, maybe 3-5 years.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Its all taste. Im a fan of Alex Shelley and the machine guns, but not as main event players. At least not in singles competition. And size has a lot to do with it. Great bit players. If TNA really made tag wrestling important, I would definitely see MCMG at the top, if only because of their unique look and style.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see their size being a problem at all. As long as you're over & as long as you're entertaining it shouldn't matter. Plus being a smaller guy makes you stand out more.

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
I've been a big fan of Alex Shelley for a long time (he was the reason I got into TNA -- as well as indy wrestling -- in the first place), and I've always hoped he would get a big singles push in the company. And I'd say Magnus has main event written all over him, but who knows what TNA thinks of him.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
They're both great guys, I prefer Magnus but Shelley is fine aswell. Shelley could be a maineventer if TNA wanted, we're talking about the same promotion where AJ Styles got booked dominant against Matt Morgan and Bully Ray in the past, so obviously to Dixie size doesn't matter, and Matt Morgans constant overselling only further proves how little size matter to the promotion. If TNA really wanted to push him, they could do it just like they're doing with A Double right now. Definitely charismatic and good on the mic too.

Imo TNA need to do whatever they can to keep Magnus happy, he is destined to be a maineventer, and by that I don't necessarily mean in TNA, he could still go to WWE and become a huge star there since his talents are pretty much what both TNA and WWE look for: Looks (including the size part which is kinda important for WWE), charisma, mic skills, ring skills, he's what I'd call a total package and at the age of 25, that's more than just a bit impressive. He used to be green as a wrestlers, but he improved a lot judging by some Xplosion matches he had where he proved that he can go in singles matches and with the right character he could be the next generation top face of the company imo.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I believe they are good where they are. Shelley is real over being in the Guns who are huge fan favourites.

Magnus is fine right now. He has been rather fortunate being in teams with accomplished technicians in Williams, then Wolfe and now Joe. So while he is getting the rub working with these guys then he should branch out. I do agree time is on their side, but we were saying this about AJ 5 years ago and now look ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
These 2 are probably my top 2 for TNA's future. I agree that they should aim to make them main eventers for the future; both are grea in the ring and on the mic.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,417 Posts
Magnus is one of my favorites in TNA right. Now he's the total package as far as I can see, and is definetely Main Eventer/World Champion material. As for Shelley, don't know really but i'd give him a shot too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They should put the heavyweight title on Magnus at the tapings in London in January (assuming they do it again), even if it's just temporary.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Both guys are amazing, though Shelley more then Magnus.

I hope they will both get their chance to main-event in the near future.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Magnus could be a great future WH Champ. He has it all.

About Shelley, maybe a short run could work, but otherwise no.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Magnus has a lot of potential but he's not there yet. He's still a bit mechanical in the ring (obviously waiting in position for his opponent to hit their next move or too obviously "helping" when someone is lifting him etc) but that'll come with experience. Given how he became one of the main figures in RKK he clearly has main event written all over him and doesn't have any issues with progressing storylines or working on the mic. Plus guys as diverse as Hogan and Steiner have nothing but good words for him. Built properly he could be main event in 2 or 3 years, definitely.

I like Shelley too, although I'm still a bit annoyed his feud with Aries fizzled out. That had the makings of a good series of matches and the X Division needs that desperately at the moment. I personally see him as a tag champ or X Division champ. I don't think I'd buy him as more than a midcarder if he was wrestling the likes of Roode or Ray. Don't know why - just a feeling I have.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I like Shelley but personally I don't see him as a main eventer
Magnus on the other hand has "it", great look, great on the mic, solid in the ring. If they get things right with him not only can he be a multi time world champion but I genuinely think he could be the face of the company and would a great ambassador for TNA. I've heard him do a number of interviews and he speaks very well, is very passionate and very knowledgeable, slowly build him up over the next 18months - 2years and he could easily be the focal point of the company

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
They should put the heavyweight title on Magnus at the tapings in London in January (assuming they do it again), even if it's just temporary.
Bit too soon IMO.

But with enough ring work and more experience, Jan 2014 could be a definite possibility.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts