Votes: 27 20.6%
  • Future endeavour

Votes: 33 25.2%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really much more to it than that. I see huge potential in the guy and the more time that goes by the more it's being wasted.

What does everyone think of A-Ry?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He doesn't need a push, he needs to improve his work rate. Thats on him.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would say let him take Cody Rhodes' spot as a mid-card IC/US championship contenders spot (as a heel, with a good, original gimmick), while Rhodes makes his way to main event status.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
He was super green. That's a problem with a lot of these FCW guys like Riley, Ryback, Brodus Clay, etc. They have potential, but they're green. And I'm not trying to say that they have to be great in ring wrestlers, but you need to be able to work the crowd and keep them entertained. A lot of top guys have never been great wrestlers, but they were good workers and these FCW guys barely touch decent.

·
Registered
464 Posts
He was super green. That's a problem with a lot of these FCW guys like Riley, Ryback, Brodus Clay, etc. They have potential, but they're green. And I'm not trying to say that they have to be great in ring wrestlers, but you need to be able to work the crowd and keep them entertained. A lot of top guys have never been great wrestlers, but they were good workers and these FCW guys barely touch decent.
He's proven he can work the crowd very well, but he is indeed green to a certain degree.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Alex Riley has actually stepped up his ring work. I watched a decent match with him and MIZ a few weeks ago. He has the charisma, look, and mic skills to make it far. I'm all for an A Ry push.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Riley has a lot of potential, but it's not time to push him. It's not even quarter to the right time. Maybe in a couple years.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
Alex Riley is a sack of shit. Whatever push you'd give to him should go to a guy like Tyson Kidd or Trent Beretta. You know, somebody younger who can work and hasn't botched and bungled for years.

Furthermore, he's just a second rate The Miz. Use The Miz before Riley.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i agree that he needs a push...

a push out the door

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
He is a natural heel, his look right now sucks. I would love for him, and Jack Swagger to form a tag team. Riley could really lead them as the mouthpiece with Swagger who could provide the solid ring work. Those two would be awesome together, and would work as solid heels.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I think he's a great talent and has all the potential to be a main-eventer. WWE just need to believe in him. He has natural charisma that shines through even when he's as directionless as he is currently.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
He needs a push....off a cliff

Reactions: LINK

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Maybe he does...

But the WWE doesn't need Riley so...

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Alex Riley is a sack of shit. Whatever push you'd give to him should go to a guy like Tyson Kidd or Trent Beretta. You know, somebody younger who can work and hasn't botched and bungled for years.

Furthermore, he's just a second rate The Miz. Use The Miz before Riley.
You're over valuing ring work...

As for Riley being a 2nd rate Miz, he's superior to Miz in every way.

Why would you push two guys with no mic skills and no noticeable charisma ahead of someone who has it??? I seriously don't understand it.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He attacked Percy Watson on the NXT finale when it was supposed to be the NXT guys attacking the pros + Kaval lmao. This guy was a failure to me from that moment.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
He is a classic case of rushed booking. He was removed from Miz's side way too soon. He should have been allowed to establish himself as a performer first before leaving Miz's employ. He could have learned a lot while still having short matches that hid his shortcomings.

I'm never in favor of firing anyone, especially when you have room for them. Just put Riley in a tag team (with someone like Ted DiBiase) and let him do that for about a year and see if he's learned enough to be on his own.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
You're over valuing ring work...

As for Riley being a 2nd rate Miz, he's superior to Miz in every way.

Why would you push two guys with no mic skills and no noticeable charisma ahead of someone who has it??? I seriously don't understand it.
What is it "it" because The Miz doesn't have it from what I can see. And Riley's not that much better.

Give me Punk vs Bryan over Riley vs Miz anyday. And I'm sure everybody watching will agree with me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts