Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wrestling-radio.com/feed_news-16097-BREAKING_NEWS:_NXT_Rookie_Injured_During_Match.php

Wrestling-Radio.com has just received word that WWE NXT season two Rookie Alex Riley suffered some sort of head injury during a match in which he defended the FCW Heavyweight Championship against fellow NXT Rookie Kaval.

We're told that during the match, Kaval kicked Riley into the ringside guard rail, where Riley apparently landed wrong and ended up cutting the back of his head. Riley was immediately taken to the backstage area and the match was stopped, and later canceled by FCW President Steve Keirn.

We will have more information as soon as it becomes available.
Wow I hope that didn't give him a bad concussion. That sounds pretty bad...

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Oh no. fpalm He better not need time off and if he does, it better not drop him down even further down the rankings (he's already screwed at #4, but whatever), he's the only reason to watch NXT.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
hopefully he is ok but i expected something more serious coming to this thread. At work i imagine he will be given a promo only this week with no in ring action to be sure he is ok. 2 matches in 2 weeks though so he will have probably been rested this week anyway and let some other rookies get a chance to wrestle like normally.

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
This is really unfortunate, but hopefully they can play it up on NXT in the coming weeks. I think Kaval & Riley are perfect rivals, and spun correctly, this would do wonders to highlight their best attributes.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Cut head? Should be fine within a week or two. Won't hinder his ability to cut promos he just won't be able to wrestle.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This fan report makes it seem a lot more serious.

Match 4: FCW Title Match 15 Minute Challenge – Alex vs Kaval ends as a NO CONTEST with 9:54 still left on the clock after Kaval dropkicks Riley (who is standing on the floor) backwards into the guardrail. Riley falls as he is moving backward and the back of his head hits the guardrail HARD. Riley laid still for a few moments with blood gushing from the back of his head. As soon as referee Rod Silva saw the blood, he immediately stopped the match to check on Riley. The trainer, and other refs came out to tend to Riley. They helped Riley stand, and he was visibly dazed and need to be physically supported back to the locker room. Kaval stood in the ring and seemed concerned as Silva waived to the back as well. After a few minutes, FCW President Steve Keirn came to the ring to announce that Riley had a “severe” wound to the back of his head and that the match will be declared a “No Contest” as Riley could not continue. He said that he hates seeing anyone get hurt and he will schedule this match for a later date once Riley is able to. Keirn also said that he has a stand by match that will start in a few minutes.

The minutes after the Alex Riley injury were quite chaotic. Everybody in the arena immediately seemed to forget about the match and seemed concerned for the man they love to hate, Alex Riley. It’s hard to tell if any of that match, or the aftermath, will air on TV at all… One of the ringside cameraman actually shot video of the puddles of blood on the mat around the ring. It’s also hard to say if the stand-by match will air, either.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/indy/spoilers-fcw-taping-results-7-1-10-nxt-season-two-rookie-injured.html

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Damn. He better not need time off. It definately looks like he could have a concussion.

From what I've heard, Kaval is an ass backstage, so he probably did this on purpose to try to eliminate one of his biggest threats.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Damn. He better not need time off. It definately looks like he could have a concussion.

From what I've heard, Kaval is an ass backstage, so he probably did this on purpose to try to eliminate one of his biggest threats.
.LOL.

·
Registered
57 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But Kaval win win NXT anyways ^^

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
What's funny about that?

We JUST saw the same thing happen with Rey and Undertaker. Undertaker is in the 4 way, Rey injures him (I'll admit that was inadvertant because I believe Rey is a professional), Rey gets inserted into the match in his place and then he becomes world champion. It's not a hard concept to understand, it really isn't.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Heard from where exactly? You mean the same dirtsheets that we're suppossed to beleive are always bullshit unless they are talking bad about a wrestler we dislike or talking well about someone we do like? Cause that's what it seems like happens on this forum a lot. Just interested if you have concrete proof to back your claim is all.

On topic though, that does sound kinda bad but i hope whoever typed that exagerated the severity of it. Riley is the superstar of this season so hopefully he dosent miss to much time.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts