Wrestling Forum banner

Alex Riley botches again

8803 Views 66 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  Chris_Walmer
poor A-RI he just cant do anything without screwing up can he his joke about toilets was funny about 20 years ago and did anyone see his drop kick botch if not go back and watch it on Youtube it was hilarious then he he laid on top of the cage for about 20 years to the point that Mathews said he might be afraid of heights lol .

Alex Riley if you ask me is a guy that with his great look should be a Superstar but its not going to happen because sadly the guy has no Superstar qualities in him some thing tells me he will not even appear on Superstars he will get packed off back to FCW where he will end up getting released and TNA will do what they do best pick up another WWE failed project.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Banned
10,561 Posts
The dropkick moment just baffled me. If anything, it's a good thing that he won't embarrass himself anymore on Raw.

Reactions: king953

· Banned
354 Posts
He didn't botch once you moron. The drop kick always happens, it's so they can say "HOW SMART WAS CENA HOLDING THE ROPE !!!!!!". Jesus. Cage matches always have the heel waiting for ages to get over, so EVENTUALLY the face pulls them back and the crowd jizz in their pants. It was probably a Cena botch not getting there in time, how much more can you delay going over the cage? Not Rileys fault. The joke got more crowd reaction than any of cena's lmao! So yeah, OP just embarrassed himself.

· Registered
282 Posts
anyone have the video of this botch?

· Registered
4,953 Posts
The joke was scripted to be awful... it lead to Cena going on a tangent about Miz not needing Riley - it served a purpose. The whole point is A-Ri is supposed to be a Rookie learning the trade.

As for the dropkick, honestly missed it so can't comment.

But when it comes to the cage spot - who do you blame there? Cena is the one that has to get off his arse and stop him - by taking so long he made A-Ri look bad.

· Banned
7,532 Posts
The dropkick was a spot that had obviously just been discussed and Cena just forgets or he moves too slow. You can make the case he was just dazed, it was a little odd but Cena seemingly changed his mind about it.

· Registered
1,518 Posts
Maybe he will get sent back via freight like the Spirit Squad. Actually though I disagree, he is alright. He was thrust into the spotlight as a rookie, and it shows. But he has a lot of good qualities and will adjust I think.

· Registered
393 Posts
But when it comes to the cage spot - who do you blame there? Cena is the one that has to get off his arse and stop him - by taking so long he made A-Ri look bad.
Bad cooperation from them both, I guess.
But mostly Cena's fault, since if Riley would have done what he did even slower, he'd look retarded anyway...

· Banned
7,532 Posts
He was the only reason too watch NXT season 2 in which he has been the best rookie so far. He was awesome on FCW. He has the mic skills to main event, he has the look and he's good in the ring. He's not even made big botches and some of them have clearly been trivial nitpicking from the over analytic IWC. He'd be much better on his own really, he's trying to make lemonade out of the lemons he's been given so he's really been very limited and still he's shone greatly.

· Registered
587 Posts
I don't see how the cage spot is A-Ri's fault. He can't make Cena get up any faster to stop him.
Yup, Cena took too long to grab him.

For the drop kick, I'm also not sure it was entirely his fault, Cena sort of half grabbed the rope then double grabbed it, the kick was certainly late, but it looked to me like confusion whether he was going to bounce off the ropes and duck a clotheseline or something before the dropkick spot or not.

Cena seemed off all night, he looked ridiculous taking the Skull Crushing Finale, he just puts his hands up in the air and stood waiting for it.

· Banned
7,532 Posts
Yup, Cena took too long to grab him.

For the drop kick, I'm also not sure it was entirely his fault, Cena sort of half grabbed the rope then double grabbed it, the kick was certainly late, but it looked to me like confusion whether he was going to bounce off the ropes and duck a clotheseline or something before the dropkick spot or not.

Cena seemed off all night, he looked ridiculous taking the Skull Crushing Finale, he just puts his hands up in the air and stood waiting for it.
Exactly, it was like he just remembered to do it which is probably what did happen.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He was the only reason too watch NXT season 2 in which he has been the best rookie so far. He was awesome on FCW. He has the mic skills to main event, he has the look and he's good in the ring. He's not even made big botches and some of them have clearly been trivial nitpicking from the over analytic IWC. He'd be much better on his own really, he's trying to make lemonade out of the lemons he's been given so he's really been very limited and still he's shone greatly.
its one thing being great on FCW then being great on WWE i agree with you that Riley was the standout on NXT 2 but lets face it he wouldnt have even made the final of season 1 and being the standout in 2 wasnt really hard when McGillicrudy and Kaval who im sure most of us expected to job anyway .

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.