Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The partnership between I find interesting... how they present it.

The Miz is like that elementary school bully who runs his mouth, you know the guy who makes fun of people for the lol's. Another kid tries to impress the bully and eventually becomes the bullies side kick. The kid also eggs the bully on to back up the talk if he's going to get in a fight with another kid. That's how I view the relationship.

I could just picture Riely in the back telling Miz now is his chance after the match... cash it in, do it, do it, do it and Miz just going with it. See how high Riley jumped when Miz hit the SCF? lol

It's a cool dynamic how it's portrayed. How Riley pushes Miz to be better by encouraging him to back up the talk... how Riley tries to impress the Miz with his talk.

It's totally the "cool" school bully and his side kick with the two...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Riley is more of the lackey and kiss ass. Its possible that Riley is really good bros with the Mizz as a character but it will inevitably lead up to Riley turning on him to say that he was just using him to gain some fame and such

Its a lead over from his NXT character. Young guys finds other young guy who has success, has his back in order to gain some appeal. Its mostly onesided although the Mizz has "helped" Riley in a sense. The man still has his job and has had two matches on TV now(outside of NXT). He doesn't really emulate the mizz, he just restates what the mizz says and boosts the Mizz's ego.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, they both just feed off each others atmosphere at ringside and in promo's so its a rather good mix. Even if many feel they are getting a bit of an overdose on their immature nature. I for one think they work great together and it's a great way to get Riley some experience without having to be in the direct center of the spot light. I think his skills are good, he has a decent look and just needs to get his persona out there more and let people get used to it. Coming in as a generic cocky heel with a sleevless varsity jacket alone could very well kill anyone's attempt at the crowd respecting them. lol

But yeah it gives Riley a chance to do something when there is next to no where for him to fit in on the Raw roster. I think it was a good choice and a nice 'holding' place for him at this time.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Alex Riley is good as The Miz's sidekick, and plays his role very well. Now that The Miz is WWE Champion, it'll be interesting to see how much Riley will be involved in helping Miz keep the belt.

But I agree DaGhost. It's inevitable that Riley will turn on his mentor at some point in the future.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I wouldn't say inevitable.

Having Riley turn on Miz would effectively put Riley in a main event feud, something that I don't the WWE is ready to do with him yet.

I think a more likely scenario would be breaking them up without any hard feelings...like say with the draft or such.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Riley turning on Miz would mean he turns face which I just don't see working. Miz as a face though, might work and I guess Riley could turn on Miz when he feels he's getting soft or whatever. Right now it's working fine though.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Riley is gonna work very hard to protect The Miz, it's a shame Riley has been portrayed as a weak character so far, if he's booked a bit more strongly, their confrontation with Orton and Nexus won't be too one-sided. I can imagine he will take at least one RKO every week....

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Riley helps Miz about 2-3 good times.

Then, Riley is going to attack Miz. But it wont be scripted.

Reactions: Rawlin

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Riley adds the personality to their partnership. Miz doesn't seem to interact with Riley much, from what I remember.
So yeah, it definitely seems that Miz is the main "bully" and Alex Riley is his loud-mouth, jock sidekick. It's cool. :)

I see Riley getting punted backstage or something by Orton soon though. Doesn't he still have a suspension to face? Lol.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
@^: Given the fact that they've openly referenced his incident 3-4 times in the past two weeks live on T.V, it doesn't seem like Vince cares all that much and is willing to give Riley a free pass this time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts