Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex Riley and Husky Harris are the breakout stars of this season for me. Riley has the complete package. His promos are delivered with confidence and charisma. He also has the in-ring skills to back up his confidence. If he doesn't win this thing... it's going to be criminal.

My second point is the point I want to stress the most. HUSKY HARRIS! He is so retro and entertaining. I really didn't expect it at the start of the season... but he's brilliant. His character is great, he's so versitile in the ring and he can actually move! Like he says, he's an army tank with a ferrari engine, and people need to get on his bandwaggon quick.

Sure, Kaval's great in the ring, but he's not going to be the next Rey Mysterio. McGillicutty (sp?) is just bland with no character whatsoever. Percy doesn't entertain in the slightest and will end up getting released if he does get a contract.

Husky and Riley need to be ranked at the top come the end of this season. Agree?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
TBH of the guys that are left, all of them will go on to have great success.

Even Percy, who looked green as hell only a matter of months ago in FCW and has improved at an incredible rate.

Its a pretty impeccable group of kids.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Alex Riley and Husky Harris are the breakout stars of this season for me. Riley has the complete package. His promos are delivered with confidence and charisma. He also has the in-ring skills to back up his confidence. If he doesn't win this thing... it's going to be criminal.

My second point is the point I want to stress the most. HUSKY HARRIS! He is so retro and entertaining. I really didn't expect it at the start of the season... but he's brilliant. His character is great, he's so versitile in the ring and he can actually move! Like he says, he's an army tank with a ferrari engine, and people need to get on his bandwaggon quick.

Sure, Kaval's great in the ring, but he's not going to be the next Rey Mysterio. McGillicutty (sp?) is just bland with no character whatsoever. Percy doesn't entertain in the slightest and will end up getting released if he does get a contract.

Husky and Riley need to be ranked at the top come the end of this season. Agree?
They all have contracts.

As for Husky and Riley... Riley doesn;t need to win to make a impact in the WWE. He allready looks like a superstar. He will get there. As for Husky, I dunno. He's very entertaining, but he may need a make-over or something like that. He has something that I don;t like about him, and that's not in a good way.

I thin that the 3 stars out of NXT are gonna be 1. Hennig/McGillicutty, 2. Riley and 3. Kaval.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I somewhat agree with you OP. Riley is a safe pick to become a breakout star, but I agree that he must not win NXT to do so!

Harris is getting better every week imo! He is so intense in his promos and in the ring, but unfortunately he just not got the look. He was pretty good with his brother in FCW and he had a total diferent look back then. I was realy surprised when I first saw him with his NXT look. But he seems to be very passionate about the business, so I think he can overcome the odds and at least make it in the tag division and the midcard!

But I must admit that I like Kaval and Hennig also! Those four are my dream top four and I realy hope it comes down to them!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
They won't be Winner and Runner-up specifically, but I'm thinking they'll both end up in the 3 man Finale, along with McGillicutty. Kaval will be eliminated right before the Finale, with Percy and Lucky finishing 5th and 6th respectively.

Though if it came down to my personal preference, Riley would win, with Kaval as Runner-Up and Husky in 3rd.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm suprised everybody rates Alex Riley so highly (excuse the rhyme), I think he's very average and below the current level of Rotunda Jr, Henning Jr & Kaval.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
I'm suprised everybody rates Alex Riley so highly (excuse the rhyme), I think he's very average and below the current level of Rotunda Jr, Henning Jr & Kaval.
Me too. He's very generic. Everyone falls for the whitened teeth trick the WWE pulls with its heels. He has potential though in his 'sports entertainment Shane Douglas' gimmick.

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
As I said in the other thread, Riley and Husky are the only two guys on NXT2 that truly annoy me. Cannon and Cottonwood may be pretty damn bland, but they don't outright agitate me. Of the two, Harris is clearly worse, but I wouldn't mind seeing them both go. Mark my words, Husky is going to injure someone with his sloppiness.

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
Harris should be one of the next 2 eliminations, there's nothing special about him.

Riley only needs to be #1 at the end of the season, not now. Of course, it won't matter. Hennig will win and they'll forget Riley exists shortly after just like all the others, since the other characters are just an accessory to make the winner look good.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Harris should be one of the next 2 eliminations, there's nothing special about him.

Riley only needs to be #1 at the end of the season, not now. Of course, it won't matter. Hennig will win and they'll forget Riley exists shortly after just like all the others, since the other characters are just an accessory to make the winner look good.
Like with the NXT season 1 rookies right? Oh wait....

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
When I say they'll forget they exist, I don't mean they won't be put on television, I mean there won't be any benefit for them. All the season 1 guys except Barrett are directionless puppets who are just being aimlessly dragged along to get him more heat and help catapult his career. Barrett and Hennig are the only future world champions, the rest are doomed.

So yes, just like Nexus.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
When I say they'll forget they exist, I don't mean they won't be put on television, I mean there won't be any benefit for them. All the season 1 guys except Barrett are directionless puppets who are just being aimlessly dragged along to get him more heat and help catapult his career. Barrett and Hennig are the only future world champions, the rest are doomed.

So yes, just like Nexus.
But in your eyes people are doomed even if they win a midcard title like the IC or US one.
Give it a break man, not everyone is gonna be a world champion.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

So yes, just like Nexus.
Considering the members of Nexus keep getting individual face time every now and then on Raw, I don't see how they're tagging along with Barret. They seem like a fully legit roster. To be honest, I think you're just failing to look beyond what NXT set when the first season ended; that Barret won and the rest would remain useless.

The WWE actually attemtped to make all of them legitamite threats as a unit, and yet you don't seem to appreciate it. I wouldn't be surprised if next week Slater, Gabriel, Young and Otunga actually get mic time.

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
But in your eyes people are doomed even if they win a midcard title like the IC or US one.
Give it a break man, not everyone is gonna be a world champion.
Because those titles are useless. You have to win the world title, especially in today's environment when everyone gets a run at the belt.

I don't think most of these guys should become world champion anyway, but the benefit exists only for winners. Alex Riley should definately become world champion, and I would have no problem with Tarver winning one since he's the standout of Nexus other than Barrett, but they're puppets and are just there to make other people look better.

Considering the members of Nexus keep getting individual face time every now and then on Raw, I don't see how they're tagging along with Barret. They seem like a fully legit roster. To be honest, I think you're just failing to look beyond what NXT set when the first season ended; that Barret won and the rest would remain useless.

The WWE actually attemtped to make all of them legitamite threats as a unit, and yet you don't seem to appreciate it. I wouldn't be surprised if next week Slater, Gabriel, Young and Otunga actually get mic time.
Getting "face time" doesn't mean every guy has a future, obviously a stable with 7 people in it can't have the other 6 just walking around like mindless robots, but when the storyline ends, Barrett will become world champion and the rest of them will end up with low card spots on Raw.

The only guy who MIGHT get a world championship besides Barrett is Danielson if he comes back because of all the sympathy his release has garnered.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts

I agree with this, Harris is so fucking unentertaining and shit in the ring.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Getting "face time" doesn't mean every guy has a future, obviously a stable with 7 people in it can't have the other 6 just walking around like mindless robots, but when the storyline ends, Barrett will become world champion and the rest of them will end up with low card spots on Raw.
As expected of most stables, though I feel that the impact they're making will propel them for perhaps a good year if the storyline delves deeper past Summerslam. To me, being able to get that much "face time" is a success in itself. I honestly could call the season one NXT class a very good success.

As far as Nexus is concerned, they have a very good time window to delve into individual personas. If Nexus lasts past summerslam (and I highly think it will), then we have a very good amount of time to put members of Nexus into individual or tag team fueds while they retain their status as the top-heel and main event stable.

While I may agree that a good portion of them will probably be mid to low card talent in the future, they have time to gain a good amount of accolades that will definitely solidify their careers a short-but-good success. I think any wrestler in the WWE outside of the ME would kill for that.

The only guy who MIGHT get a world championship besides Barrett is Danielson if he comes back because of all the sympathy his release has garnered.
Yes. Just as Matt Hardy. He propelled when he came back.

I don't care how good Danielson is; if they're going to shoot him to Championship level simply because of crowd sympathy, chances are it's going to be a Cinderella story with no foundation for his future.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts