Wrestling Forum banner

Would Riley and Jericho make a good pair?

• Yes

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 42.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really thought of this before last night but seeing Jericho and Riley together really made me think that they would make a great pair. Sort of like Lance Cade and Chris Jericho a few years ago, Riley could back Jericho up and learn from him. I think this would be great because Riley needs to get on TV and Jericho could use some back up.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's not going to happen, he was just being used by Punk to bait Jericho in.

I would love to see it though, as long as Riley ends up with an actual push unlike Cade, which I doubt. Which is odd because 5-6 years ago he would've correctly been pushed to the moon, but Vince's tastes are way out of his usual comfort zone now.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Sounds like it could be good.

Riley needs something to make him relevant again.

Not sure what Y2J is doing after this thing with Punk? If it's nothing major and he has some time to spare, why not?

Also Riley was clearly in on the rib with Punk against Y2J so they would have to work around that, shouldn't be too hard.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not going to happen, he was just being used by Punk to bait Jericho in.

I would love to see it though, as long as Riley ends up with an actual push unlike Cade, which I doubt. Which is odd because 5-6 years ago he would've correctly been pushed to the moon, but Vince's tastes are way out of his usual comfort zone now.
If memory serves, Cade was receiving a push or was in line for one until he had that drug induced seizure on the plane and got released. If not for that (And his drug problems in general), I think Cade would have gone far.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Cade didn't got a push because he died.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I like the idea of it but its going to be Chris Jericho Vs HHH after Extreme Rules.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I didn't really know why they drop Riley last year. I think people said it was his ring work? But a partnership with Jerciho would be awesome for Riley. Working with Jericho will help him improve.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
This won't go anywhere. Riley was just 'generic man in the corridor' telling Jericho something. Riley's done it a lot on NXT, he's just a face with no direction at the moment.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Alex Irileyvant.. I don't like Riley, so i don't care. Although he was not bad as a sidekick for Miz. So maybe as a heel he'd be doing alright.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I voted No, because I feel that Chris Jericho's character at the moment simply doesn't need a partner, especially a nobody like Alex Riley.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I think they would make a good pair but I voted no as I think Jericho is leaving (or taking another break soon) Also, Riley is curerntly face (I think) so like Tyrion said he was being used by Punk tp bait Jericho is what I took out of the sgement.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think they could make something good, but isn't A-Ry a face at this time ?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I haven't seen an A-Ry match lately, but he always reminded me of a two year old with ADD on a sugar rush. I'd just have him feud with Mason Ryan on one of the off-brand shows (Superstars or NXT) until one accidentally kills the other.

I did like his song though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts