Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
TBH I can't say I'm a fan of this. Not the match. The match should be great.

But they did all that build up with Itami and Ohno which you would think would build to a Takeover match. Ohno is the main catalyst in Itami turning heel besides Itami losing, and now he's just getting dropped a month beforehand dropping the story to Black.

Now, Black deserves and should have a match on the card. But you could have done something different with him while still keeping Itami vs. Ohno.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,283 Posts
Why did they potentially nix the Itami/Ohno feud? I love Black so I do but it doesn't make much sense. :shrug

Should be a great match though.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The should be great, however does Itami really need to be taking a loss right now? Black is unbeaten but Itami needs the win more I feel.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I'm puzzled. Is Ohno injured or something? There was all this great build and I've been heavily invested in the Itami/Ohno angle and happily expecting their match at Takeover. This match is totally out of the blue. Why not have Black in a rematch against Bobby Fish or Kyle O'Reilly? Don't get me wrong, it will be a GREAT match but I was really banking on Itami vs. Ohno at Takeover and now I'm disappointed we won't get it.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
Hideo needs the win imo. It's been four months, Black has to take a loss eventually and there's enough undefeated streaks going on in NXT.

·
The Dream
4,705 Posts
Aleister Black is such a baddass, easily my favorite wrestler in NXT right now. I don't know if he should win this match though...

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I agree that it's a big surprise just to drop Itami v Ohno like that.
It makes sense if Itami has asked for a release......which is my best guess as with WWE cutting costs and Itami being in his final year of contract it would be the perfect time to reset the NXT roster after Summerslam/Brooklyn III weekend.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,772 Posts
TBH I can't say I'm a fan of this. Not the match. The match should be great.

But they did all that build up with Itami and Ohno which you would think would build to a Takeover match. Ohno is the main catalyst in Itami turning heel besides Itami losing, and now he's just getting dropped a month beforehand dropping the story to Black.

Now, Black deserves and should have a match on the card. But you could have done something different with him while still keeping Itami vs. Ohno.
I'm thinking they're selling the beatdown Hideo gave Ohno, and the latter will interfere at Takeover.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Not easily. There is an unannounced match that could give it a run.

Gargano vs Cien Almas

Not to mention Roode vs McIntyre could be very good as well.
Gargano vs Almas might very well be motn :mark: Roode/Mcintyre will be one of the worst matches on the card mark my words. It will be slowpaced and boring

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.