Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black reminds me a lot of Raven who I'm sure people here remember from 1990's ECW. His promo's aren't quite as in-depth as Raven's were likely because he hasn't been given enough mic time but I think he's a similar unique character who should lead his own stable.

They should have Black form his own group to feud with Seth Rollins and MVP's stables. Not sure who would be in it but I think Black is capable of getting over big with the fans similar to how Raven did.

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
Black to me is a guy best as a lone wolf, and I don't know if he's quite strong enough of a talker to lead his own faction.

I mean hell, even Black being apart of this Rey/Seth storyline seems a bit out of place for him, but he's made it work enough. Once this run it's course he needs to be challenging for titles since his practically undefeated on the main roster.

·
KO
5,419 Posts
I disagree. He's the definition of a lone wolf character - he has the gimmick, the look, and the charisma that work best when he's alone. Who would he even align with? Looking at the roster, there's nobody I could even pair him with, let alone a stable.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I want him to join Seth for a short while, then the disciples turn on Rollins and Black becomes the leader, what this also accomplishes is, Theory and Murphy turn into Gothic characters because right now, they are an inherent nothing on the show.
I maintain that this is the best work of Seth's career so far, but as far as the whole stable is concerned, i'm starting to wonder if they are worse than the Legacy.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aleister Black need to form some kind of charisma
He has shown that he has charisma in the brief promo's/interviews that he has done but for some reason they had him stop cutting promo's completely instead of pushing him in singles and having him do longer promo's.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
he's not like Raven in my opinion. The only similarity is the dark gimmick and tattoos. Raven was a much better developed character, better promos, more interesting. I feel like Seth is trying to be like a Raven character and it feels forced and midcard material. I personally don't think Black should even be cutting promos as often as he does.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Look, i'm not defending Aleister, in fact, i think as currently constituted, his promos are sleep inducing and he desplays zero showmanship in the ring, but so did Randy Orton as a face for a while there, i'm not gonna speak for y'all, but he was a bonafide channel changer for me, and look at him now, listen to the promos he cut on Jeff Hardy, and look at how he carried himself, he's very entertaining, some people's skillsets are strictly conducive to a heel persona, Yeah Aleister does a lot of flips but that means nothing.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
The Babyface of WF
12,160 Posts
Raven was far more in depth but complicated to me so I wouldn't compare the both of them, Black can operate on his own better than Raven could can he use a faction? Sure but he doesn't particularly need one to get over.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Black isn't as good and in-depth as Raven was based on what we have seen from him so far but he hasn't really been given the opportunity to cut long promo's like Raven was in ECW. I think he needs more of an opportunity and shouldn't just be stuck in a team with Humberto Carrillo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts