Wrestling Forum banner

Alcoholic aged three

1106 19

A CHILD of THREE has been treated in hospital for alcoholism, it's been revealed.
Doctors diagnosed the West Midlands toddler as Britain's youngest booze sufferer.

Experts called the case "horrifying".

The un-named toddler is thought to have been given booze repeatedly for six months and would have suffered withdrawal symptoms of shakes and wild mood swings.

The youngster was among 13 children under 12 diagnosed alcoholic by the Heart of England NHS Trust between 2008 and 2010. Nicolay Sorensen, of Alcohol Concern, said: "To be diagnosed alcoholic, it's possible this child would have shown a physical dependency.

"They would have had to ingest enough to cause withdrawal symptoms. It is a horrifying case." Alcohol awareness group Drinkaware said childhood boozing could disrupt brain development.

Last month, a girl of eight from Dundee was identified as the youngest alcoholic.

She had started raiding her parents' drinks and then developed "a serious problem", getting "steaming drunk" four or five times a week. In the area where the three-year-old lives 106 13-16 year-olds were treated over booze.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3465099/Alcoholic-aged-three.html

So REALLY messed up...When you thought nothing could shock you this comes along
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
This really shocked me. I can't believe whoever is looking after these kids are not helping at all.. It really disgusts me.

· Registered
559 Posts
Lets not let the kid of the hook, He is the one drinking it:p

Seriously I doubt the parents are over 17 and not alchoholics themselves

· Registered
1,978 Posts
for some reason this got me worried about jeff hardy's kid...

It's a disgrace for parents to allow that, how can you not notice your 3 year old is drunk unless you yourself are drunk, high as a kite, retarded or just a plain dickhead

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.