Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who smokes marijuana as if it were part of his religion. We always have this argument which is worse - alchohol or marijuana?

Now I know what most or all of you are gonna say, there both bad for you, which would be the most popular, politically correct answer. If you had to choose only one of these to do what would it be?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'd rather do marijuana, I have never had it before, as I haven't had access to it, but I would love to try it sometime.

I think Alcohol is much worse for you, I only drink a little bit if I'm at a club or party, so I'd choose teh weed d00d.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think it's a fairly common opinion that alcohol is far worse for you then marijuana and there are figures to back it up. For example if you take the figures from how many people get taken into hospital on a weekend the number who are there because of alcohol is far higher than those who suffered inuries because of marijuana.

I personally have only ever done a little bit of each, so I'm not in an ideal place to say what is worse in large qauntities, but I'd rather smoke pot than get drunk if I had to choose one.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Alchohol is much worst
drink makes you make a fool of yourself and makes you fall all over the place
weed calms ya down and makes you feel good
plus you cant die from weed
alchohol is only legal and weed is illegalc cus drink is more socially acceptable

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Having never taken either I can't base my opinion on my own experiences.

Both are bad for you in their own ways, alcohol being worse for you physically and I guess mentally too, depending on the circumstances, though cannabis may be worse there in general.

I choose to do neither, and I think people should have the right to have their choice too (hence I'm basically a straight edge that supports legalisation of cannabis).

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Haven't you guys learned anything from CM Punk? Both are equally bad! But seriously though I think alcohol is obviously worse.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i think weed is worse. I drink alcohol sometimes but not excessively but i have cousins who smoke weed and it turns them into complete dicks, they have permenant bad coughs from smoking and the older of the two (who has been doing it for about 8-10 years) has completely fucked up his life with drugs and is now paranoid!!

i think the mental effects as well as physical is what makes weed worse plus the fact everyone i know who do it are complete and utter wankers who only do it because they think it looks cool whereas people i know who drink (which is alot more!) seem to actually enjoy drinking and socialsing rather than sitting in a cloud of smoke looking miserable which is what seems to happen everytime my cousins and their friends smoke!

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
Marijuana is worse. Alcohol is intended to be taken in sufficient quantities, and when done so can cause no harm to a person. The same can't be said about Marijuana. Even the occasion usage can have long term affects on a persons mental health, there's a reason why one is illegal whilst the other is available almost anywhere you go. Yes, drinking in excess can cause liver damage, poisoning etc., but the shit marijuana can do to peoples mental state is fucked up. This comes from a former user too.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
i think weed is worse. I drink alcohol sometimes but not excessively but i have cousins who smoke weed and it turns them into complete dicks, they have permenant bad coughs from smoking and the older of the two (who has been doing it for about 8-10 years) has completely fucked up his life with drugs and is now paranoid!!

i think the mental effects as well as physical is what makes weed worse plus the fact everyone i know who do it are complete and utter wankers who only do it because they think it looks cool whereas people i know who drink (which is alot more!) seem to actually enjoy drinking and socialsing rather than sitting in a cloud of smoke looking miserable which is what seems to happen everytime my cousins and their friends smoke!
Dude you realise you can't even begin to equate you and your cousins? 8-10 years of smoking compared to an occasional intake of alcohol and you think you can compare the two? really? really?

Alcohol is by far the worse for you no question. Those arguing for marijuana as being worse are either non-users (of either alcohol or weed) or they're basing their judgement solely on the fact that weed is illegal so it obv must be worse.

·
Wicked World
5,769 Posts
^Exactly

Alcohol is a poison to your body. Hence the effect it has on you and why it actually kills braincells. Marijuana on the other hand, is a natural herb. When you are getting stoned, you are not killing your braincells, they are simply being separated. Thus, you feel like a slug and your perception is of things moving very slowly.

I definitely prefer marijuana over alcohol. For one, it helps me sleep. Two, it's funner. Three, you do not wake up feeling like shit (hangover) and you actually wake up feeling refreshed and energized. Four, it actually naturally relaxes your body. Five, it actually has many natural health benefits for you.

Not saying there are not some negative effects. People do not understand that it all comes down to personal responsibility. Yes, if you smoke weed all the damn time and do it for a very very long period of time, the negative effects will take over. But it is a very long process, and you have to be smoking a lot of weed.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
I prefer alcohol tbh, mostly b/c its easier and more readily availible to obtain. Not thats its hard to get pot, its just more effort and talking to blokes i don't particularly like hanging around.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Even though drinking might be worse for your body I've noticed that potheads smoke a LOT more than people who drink. I mean most people who drink will usually do it on weekends and some nights during the week maybe but most potheads I know smoke all day every day. I think they're both okay for you if you use them in moderation

1 - 20 of 94 Posts