Wrestling Forum banner

Alberto Del Rio's lackluster in-ring performance

5627 Views 62 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  vG-MONEYv
Okay, before anyone gives me any shit and starts to post troll pics hear me out. I haven't seen any of ADR indy work (oh no I'm not areal wrestling fan), but hsi in ring performance since joining the WWE roster has been pretty lackluster IMO. If this guy is gonna be in the main event at Wrestlemania he better improve his game. The whole target the arm with armbreakers until he locks in the finisher is getting stale.

I find him to be very limited in the ring. Maybe it's because he hasn't really gotten enough time in his matches to prove anything.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
I dont think he has to step up his game, who ever WWE books as the Royal Rumble winner is most likely to win the Big One at Wrestlemania. He could have the biggest push since Brock Lesnar

· Banned
4,476 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Well I'm impressed with what he's been doing in-ring wise (also everything else he's been doing). He has a unique move set for what the WWE has given him to work with. Del Rio is a great performer, always has been. I will be honest I first heard about him when he came to WWE but I've watched his indy stuff and MMA and he is an astonishing wrestler.

· Banned
266 Posts
Compared to Miz,Cena,Orton,LoLer the guy is Benoit.He's actually preety good.

· Registered
6,212 Posts
Agreed, not impressed so far in the slightest.

But, Wrestlemania the guys give it their all. I'll judge his in-ring performance then. Mic skills however, I've heard enough to know he's terrible. So not looking forward to him main eventing at all.

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
The OP marks for Orton and Cena, but states how limited Del Rio is.

WTF?
Cena and Orton are great wrestlers. Orton is not as good as a face but he is still very good. I would love to see Mexican JBL pull off an Iron Man match like Orton and Cena did. I haven't been impressed but he still hasn't had a singles match on PPV so I will wait for that before I judge to much on his in ring ability.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
In WWE, the heel wrestlers are limited in ring.

Just look at CM Punk. He uses about 2-3 moves a match.
Yep. It is just the way heels are booked now in WWE. They only are able to do limited amounts of "cool" moves because they want them to all the heels to use cheap tactics to win and not "oh and ah" the crowd. It's really stupid and I wish they would go back to the days of booking heels strongly in ring...

· Banned
266 Posts
OP is a fan of Cena and Orton but complains about del Rio's wrestling.Uhm,what????????

· Registered
2,508 Posts
From what I've seen, Im not overly impressed, but I dont think he sucks. I think as pointed out numerous times, WWE is well-known for holding their wrestlers back as far as move sets and what not. I'm sure come Wrestlemania, or even the few weeks leading up to WM, WWE will really let him shine...that is if their smart and want to start to get people really excited about seeing him at Mania. They need to start letting him go all out because his current push coming off the rumble is more lackluster than any of his ring work.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
I can see where your coming from I think Del Rio has not be the given the opportunity to really unleash what he has in his arsenal I think given more time to adapt to the WWE style and longer matches I think it can really show what he's capable of in the ring

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
Yep. It is just the way heels are booked now in WWE. They only are able to do limited amounts of "cool" moves because they want them to all the heels to use cheap tactics to win and not "oh and ah" the crowd. It's really stupid and I wish they would go back to the days of booking heels strongly in ring...
How do you explain Dolph Ziggler then? I also don't see guys like Sheamus, Kane or Barrett get "limited" that much either. Lets also not forget that Jericho hasn't been gone that long either and he was far from limited. I am not saying He can't wrestle but that is a pretty shitty excuse.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
he had bad matches with rey and DB so he's can't be anything above horrible in-ring.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.