Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or did they air a commercial a while back for Rumble saying how history shows 70 percent of the time the rumble winner wins the title at mania. This basically means Alberto wins the title against Edge, right? Just a thought.......:confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is it me or did they air a commercial a while back for Rumble saying how history shows 70 percent of the time the rumble winner wins the title at mania. This basically means Alberto wins the title against Edge, right? Just a thought.......:confused:
They say that every year. But the rumble winner has failed the last 2 maybe 3 Manias. I think that he will win because they need to make him into a top guy. He's almost there but he needs that HUGE win to propel him to the top. Not since Lesnar has anyone been pushed this fast.

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They say that every year. But the rumble winner has failed the last 2 maybe 3 Manias. I think that he will win because they need to make him into a top guy. He's almost there but he needs that HUGE win to propel him to the top. Not since Lesnar has anyone been pushed this fast.
This.

They will have him win to put him over as a new face and they should. And you're right, he's been getting a mega push, but he's over, has a good funny character and appeals to a large audience. Smart move by Vince.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
he's obviously winning.

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
The Rumble winner hasn't won the world title at WrestleMania since 2007, so no, he's not "obviously" winning.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Forget the Rumble stat..that means nothing.the only stat that matters is that the last two Rumble winners LOST which means I pretty much see him winning since Cena is taking the title in the last match.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Forget the Rumble stat..that means nothing.the only stat that matters is that the last two Rumble winners LOST which means I pretty much see him winning since Cena is taking the title in the last match.
Two faces winning is not unheard of...

Infact it has happened quite a lot in the past.

Howver the rumble has been losing quite a lot of credibility in recent years and I think WWE might want to redeem themselves by letting ADR win. It certainly isn't obvious though.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Won't be happening this year though. Usually Taker and HHH or Taker and Cena win..we get it. This is ADR...the changes are here.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
Honestly, Del Rio is a TERRIBLE HEEL, but I know he will win against edge.

However I think it would make a lot more sense for him to lose, then have an EPIC rivalry with edge and come out on top later on, thus improving his legacy.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
The Rumble winner hasn't won the world title at WrestleMania since 2007, so no, he's not "obviously" winning.
lol yes he is. they aren't going to go thru all this trouble to get him over and then have him job at WM.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
lol yes he is. they aren't going to go thru all this trouble to get him over and then have him job at WM.

I don't know what makes you think that isnt possible, its VERY possible for him to lose, I dont think he will, but there are mannnny avenues to use del rio for, especially after the draft.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I don't know what makes you think that isnt possible, its VERY possible for him to lose, I dont think he will, but there are mannnny avenues to use del rio for, especially after the draft.
well yea there's always a chance he could lose because the wwe is booked by a bunch of retards but the only correct decision is him going over and judging by how they have pushed him so far i'd say it's pretty obvious he's going over.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
well yea there's always a chance he could lose because the wwe is booked by a bunch of retards but the only correct decision is him going over and judging by how they have pushed him so far i'd say it's pretty obvious he's going over.
Yeah, this. I mean yes he could lose, but I'd say out of the WM matches we know right now (Cena/Miz, Orton/Punk, Del Rio/Edge) Del Rio going over is the surest thing. It would make zero sense of Edge to win that match.

But as KoK said, you have to account for the WWE "retard factor"

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
none of the Royal Rumble winners of the last 3 years have gone on to win their Title Match at Wrestlemania so i think its not just a good chance he is certain to win in my book .

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't think Del Rio will lose, WWE is obviously very high on him at the moment, they just gave him a Royal Rumble win and let him headline WM...and suddenly they will job him out to Edge at WM? No chance in hell.

I know WWE makes some dumb decision at times but they're in the midst of youth movement and Del Rio is their main future prospect at the moment, WWE has to cash in on him sooner than later so i don't think they will make such a blunder by having him lose in an event that everybody would watch like that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd bet my left arm that Del Rio will walk away champ at Wrestlemania. Cena will probably win the other title but giving Miz a clean win at Mania can really help the dude get to the next level.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
He will win and maybe they can get the crowd to give a shit about him by the time Mania gets here but I doubt it. Edge and Cena both deserve a lot better than what they are going to get at Mania this year. A couple of shitty promo cutters and average matches are on the way courtesy of Mr. Average and Mexican JBL.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts