Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i have read from the smackdown spoilers i think that alberto del rio could make a great main eventer/champion on smackdown and i think that since rey is on his way to hanging up the bootsthey could have a little fued and then alberto could offer rey a match in where if rey losses he is forced to retire,then rey could accept but alberto will beat rey and rey will be forced to retire and alberto could become a great main-eventer.

·
Asuka
96,222 Posts
Re: Alberto Del Rio (SPOILER)

who said rey was going to retire?
According to a report, WWE officials are high on Del Rio because they claim to need a new Hispanic star as they think Rey may be one knee surgery away from possible retirement. I know reports are notorious for bullshit, but Rey has had at least 5 of them (as anybody who's seen the "don't try this at home" ads knows) and that's not a good track record.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts

Not that i'm complaining as i like new talent being pushed but surely the likes of Christian and Hardy get pissed of at guys like Del Rio basically walking into the smackdown main event on their first appearance.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

It looks like they're giving this guy a big push, I hope he can handle it. I enjoy his promos but wehter he can deliver in the ring for WWE is another matter.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,963 Posts

Not that i'm complaining as i like new talent being pushed but surely guys like Christian and Hardy get pissed of at guys like Del Rio basically walking into the smackdown main event on his first appearance.
:lmao

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

According to a report, WWE officials are high on Del Rio because they claim to need a new Hispanic star as they think Rey may be one knee surgery away from possible retirement. I know reports are notorious for bullshit, but Rey has had at least 5 of them (as anybody who's seen the "don't try this at home" ads knows) and that's not a good track record.
understanble

still feels a bit soon to be wondering whose gonna retire rey at mania thogh

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts

I love that Del Rio is already making a huge impact. From the spoilers I've read, he is gonna be one of my favourites. So yeah, I wouldn't mind if he retires Mysterio. Mysterio needs to at least take a bit of a break imo

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts

I'm not saying he should be in the mainevent as he's been hopeless the last 4 years. What i mean is it must annoy them that they have 'busted their ass' for 12 years yet Del Rio gets a main event push the same night he debuts.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

well its not like del rio is a scrub right out of fcw

he is a veteran him self

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

I just don't see how Dos Caras Jr can replace Rey as that report states, if they want to have a Rey backup, why don't they bring in Rey's cousin, El Hijo de Rey Misterio, he's very young and looks alot like Rey.

Another Mexican star they should bring is Mistico, although I believe he's under contract with CMLL, and I believe CMLL own the rights to Mistico's name and appearance.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

I just don't see how Dos Caras Jr can replace Rey as that report states, if they want to have a Rey backup, why don't they bring in Rey's cousin, El Hijo de Rey Misterio, he's very young and looks alot like Rey.

iam pretys sure Hijo wants to make a name for him self first before coming to the states but i agree
Another Mexican star they should bring is Mistico, although I believe he's under contract with CMLL, and I believe CMLL own the rights to Mistico's name and appearance.
CMLL wont let mistico, and form what i have herd have threatened to fire every relative of his who works for them if he tried to go to another company

·
Registered
2,701 Posts

It's sad cmll is holding that over mistico's head. In my opinion he's the best pure lucha on the planet, and i'd love to see him in the wwe. But that looks like it will not happen

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

It's sad cmll is holding that over mistico's head. In my opinion he's the best pure lucha on the planet, and i'd love to see him in the wwe. But that looks like it will not happen
i know its one of the dirtiest tricks i have ever herd a wrestling company pull on one of their own talent

I read they signed El Hijo de Rey Misterio to that big start up promotion in Florida.
Really? who all have they supposedly signed any way

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts

I don't like the character because it seems like Salvatore Sincere 2010. He seemed to talk about how "I'm honest and your not!" which is about as one dimensional & bland a heel as it can possibly get (except for maybe "Dashing" Cody Rhodes)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

WWE should've signed Extreme Tiger and make him as Rey's predecessor.

I like Dos Caras Jr as well but they look nothing alike and I don't think he can sell as much merchandice as Rey.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts