Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although he can be VERY boring, I think we can all agree that he gets a lot of heat. He's turned Sandow & Ziggler babyface just by competing against him.​

·
#StillRelevant
3,197 Posts
I would say he is a more underrated wrestler, he has consistently given great matches. He just can't and won't get over, his character is to bland.

Shame really.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say he is a more underrated wrestler, he has consistently given great matches. He just can't and won't get over, his character is to bland.

Shame really.
I agree with everything you said. Del Rio ALWAYS delivers in the ring & if it wasn't for his thick accent, would be one of the top mic workers, as well.

Tbh, if they tweaked his gimmick a bit, he could be one of the greats.

·
#StillRelevant
3,197 Posts
He could become a great, it's not the accent he is just boring. His world title run has been good though

·
Banned
483 Posts
He needed more time to build up his presence. Presence is an important key as a main eventer regardless if you are a face or a heel

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He's a great old school heel, he can be very repetitive and even downright boring at time though, which makes people dislike him.

He is a great talent that is consistently let down by lazy booking. His inability to connect with the crowd isn't doing him any favours popularity wise either, although it's not like Vince cares about that, you just have to look at his level of push for proof of that.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
THANK YOU. I'm tired of the Del Rio hate. I know a certain section of Bryan marks don't want to hear this but in my opinion Del Rio is the most CONSISTENT man in WWE as far as match quality.

·
#StillRelevant
3,197 Posts
Gaston is right, he was shoved down everyone's throat and has had to much of a push rather than allowing the fans to take to him. I wish I could book him differently

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
He's a great old school heel, he can be very repetitive and even downright boring at time though, which makes people dislike him.

He is a great talent that is consistently let down by lazy booking. His inability to connect with the crowd isn't doing him any favours popularity wise either, although it's not like Vince cares about that, you just have to look at his level of push for proof of that.
Absolutely agree, he has solid matches, technically a solid wrestler and tells a good story in-between the ropes but it's exactly like you say, he's just very bland to a degree that people either don't care for him or that they don't like him being pushed so hard. It's gotten to him doing the same thing he does every week. You could throw Sheamus in the same category, he became so repetitive and boring, I don't wish for anybody to get injured but he was one the guys who needed to take a step back.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
He´s indeed kinda underrated in here, but the reason of this is the massive push he´s been getting since his debut, totally disproportionate IMO

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
He's definitely a great in ring performer, and I don't really find him boring to be honest, but I, like a few others here, think the problem with him was that he was pushed too early, and I'll add onto that by saying the problem also lies in the way of which he was pushed. I mean here's a guy that, for what ever random bullshit reason, won the Royal Rumble, despite the fact he wasn't even in the WWE for an entire year at that point (..I think). After of which, we saw him get his Wrestlemania title match, which turned out to be the opening match for the show. I think that alone really hurt his credibility because it just gave us the impression that he wasn't all that important. Losing the match didn't help the situation either.

I think right now they need to take a step back with Del Rio here, and give us a guy he can actually have an established feud with that is at least entertaining. They had their chance of doing so with Christian, but Christian ended up getting injured. Hopefully when he's back they give him one last feud for the title and possible (even though it's an incredibly small possibility) title run, regardless of it's length. His team is running out.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I reckon you could make an argument that Del Rio has put on the best matches this year aside from Bryan and Punk. Punk only beats him because of the quality of his Raw match with Cena and the two big matches with Taker and Lesnar as well. He's a very good wrestler and perhaps does not get enough credit for that.

With that said, I have not been interested in a single angle Del Rio has worked aside from with Ziggler and they for some reasons stopped that dead in it's tracks. I think that applies with most people. I'm similar to the poster who compared him to Sheamus with the WHC. I did not give a shit about a single angle Sheamus worked last year other than his angle with Show which I enjoyed.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
He's a fine wrestler, but he gets no reaction, cheers or boos.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
More like wwes most overpushed guy on the roster

·
Ho!
17,622 Posts
Only thing Del Rio is "Most" of is the most overpushed guy in the business right now. He's got nothing going for him besides in-ring ability, and I'd comfortably put several guys right now above him in that.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,169 Posts
He's really good in the ring. As long as he's in the ring with a decent opponent he's someone who I look forward to seeing wrestle.

I'm not his biggest fan when he's not wrestling though.

He's certainly a guy that should always be on the roster. I also can't complain about the way he's been treated recently. I don't want him in the main event scene but the WHC isn't a main event title right now. He's essentially a mid card title holder that gets plenty of TV and match time and I'm fine with that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts