Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it didn’t take long for Tito Ortiz to pick up another high-profile fight.

On Tuesday afternoon, during an interview with Generation MMA, Combate Americas CEO Campbell McLaren announced the UFC Hall of Famer would step into “La Jaula” opposite Alberto El Patron, better known as former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio.

MMAFighting would later confirm the bout would take place at a 210-pound catchweight.

Ortiz (20-12-1), also a former UFC light heavyweight champion, previously signed with Combate Americas in April.

In terms of competition, “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” most recently came out of retirement for a third fight against Chuck Liddell at Golden Boy MMA, avenging previous losses with a violent first-round knockout. Prior to this, Ortiz had walked away with a submission win over Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170 in 2017.

Del Rio (9-5), real name José Alberto Rodríguez, had previously announced his intention of returning to the world of MMA last October. The former Luchador, who rose to prominence as the masked Dos Caras Jr., has not made the walk to the cage since suffering a second-round TKO loss to Yamamoto Hanshi at Cage of Combat 4 in Feb. 2010. This setback snapped his six-fight win streak.

Prior to this string of wins, Del Rio put together a record of 3-2 in Japan’s Deep promotion before signing with Pride FC, where fans saw him suffering a violent headkick knockout to Mirko Cro Cop.

While there is no date or venue set for the bout, promotions officials confirmed they were targeting the final quarter of 2019.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/9/20688126/tito-ortiz-vs-alberto-del-rio-in-the-works-for-upcoming-combate-americas-event?fbclid=IwAR3ZuedQkoxHhTgTWH2GDR43JASdstPsQrlY2CJNCAk2VBJEGNTtAmUJjbc

Yikes. Get the hook on this geezer and Del Rio. Although it will be fun watching Del Rio get absolutely starched in quick fashion.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Wow...been awhile since I've seen them both do MMA.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts
Tito is already gassed and in full lay and pray just signing the contract

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuck my question is how ADR keeps finding his way into these high profile scenarios. He seems like a real scrub in wrestling, MMA, and in life. Same can be said about Tito though.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts
When Bellator isn't even desperate enough to have you on their card.. Oof

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Tito is going to kill him lol. Can't wait since Del Rio is a scumbag. Tito has looked good in the twilight of his career and no I'm not factoring in the Chuck fight. It is a bit shameless for him to take this fight though. So was trying to avenge his losses to Chuck when he was nearly 50.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure, this should be like one of those Roy Jones Jr vs a local jobber matches. Will be good fun watching ADR get smoked but gah.....this is more carny than Flea Market Wrestling.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I expect a result similar to Tito's "fight" with Chael.

Pretty sure the card will be on DAZN and I signed up for a year like a month ago so I'll watch it.

·
The legend never dies
4,357 Posts
Del Rio is going get beat up bad, this fight is strictly for money cause they both suck.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,548 Posts
Even at his age, Tito will still mop the flour with Del Rio here. Let's be real here. Del Rio doesn't stand a chance in this fight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts