Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss about this.

I personally think this man doesn`t deserve this push for sure. He has no charizma, no mic skills, no looks, maybe a bit in ring skill, but not interesting and nothing special. And giving him title match on WM? lol are u serious?? I guarantee he will be in Most over ever list TOP10 next year. Guys like Punk,Christian working in company for years and whats now? Christian even doesnt have a match at WM.

Atleast they doing right thing with the Miz. Guy has charizma,mic skills,should improve in ring, look isnt that bad(he has 2/4 of things u need to be great) and in today`s WWE charizma and mic means everything.

I never liked Sheamus, i hate Cena and HHH for burries, but now i see they done nothing compared to Rio...In my eyes the guy doesnt have a future, his destiny gonna be same as Swagger.

Bye.

· Premium Member
46,378 Posts
I don't think he "sucks". I think that is a harsh term. In ring, he's pretty solid I think.

Where I have issues with him are in his character & presentation. Basically, he's Tito Santana playing JBL. That's his character, and I'm not really all that excited about it. Then he is getting a Mania push, but he hasn't been promoted in a way that makes me believe he should belong there. Wrestlemania is coming up and I should look at that Edge/Del Rio match on paper and thinking "Oh yeah, I can't wait for them to clash" but really, it might be the most uninteresting character clash of champion & challenger in any Wrestlemania World Title match. If there was one more lackluster than this, I can't think of it at the moment. Will the match be bad? Probably not, but WWE has done a poor job of making it feel like a main event. I've already made the comment that in picking matches to go on last, Lawler Vs. Cole has more right to the final spot than this one does just based on the build ups, and that's just sad.

· I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
775 Posts
I think he's got all of those skills that you say he doesn't have.

Although I am very surprised he is being pushed to the main event of Wrestlemania already.

I think the problem here is lack of build, Vince probably realized a year or two ago he didn't have any future stars to carry on with the company when all the big names are gone. So people like Sheamus, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio get pushed to the top extremely fast and because they don't have a lot of experience it's hard to stay up there.

Still back to Del Rio, he's a great heel. You can tell he's having fun with his character, sure it reminds people of JBL a bit. But a lot of people on here seem to like JBL a lot. And his ring skills are great, his matches with Rey Mysterio are brilliant. I'm pretty sure his ring work before the WWE will show his ring style even better.

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think he "sucks". I think that is a harsh term. In ring, he's pretty solid I think.

Where I have issues with him are in his character & presentation. Basically, he's Tito Santana playing JBL. That's his character, and I'm not really all that excited about it. Then he is getting a Mania push, but he hasn't been promoted in a way that makes me believe he should belong there. Wrestlemania is coming up and I should look at that Edge/Del Rio match on paper and thinking "Oh yeah, I can't wait for them to clash" but really, it might be the most uninteresting character clash of champion & challenger in any Wrestlemania World Title match. If there was one more lackluster than this, I can't think of it at the moment. Will the match be bad? Probably not, but WWE has done a poor job of making it feel like a main event. I've already made the comment that in picking matches to go on last, Lawler Vs. Cole has more right to the final spot than this one does just based on the build ups, and that's just sad.
This is what i mean. He don`t get crowd reaction at all. Yes he is decent in ring, but..
He will never be like Benoit. Having just in-ring skills doesn`t mean anything in today`s WWE.

· Sgt. Pepper
4,292 Posts
Enough bitching, back to the question.

Del Rio gets a lot of heat and plays the part of heel extremely well, his in ring skills are pretty decent if you ask me...and I think it's a safe bet to say he will be WHC come April 3rd.

· Registered
710 Posts
This thread deserves nothing less. Another fucking IWC thread, about someone bitching about how they don't like a new Superstar. Then, tomorrow, the same person will bitch that the WWE is doing nothing new. Then on Tuesday, they will bitch about hwo Steriods have ruined the sport. Then friday, they will bitch about how the wrestlers are too skinny. enough with these fucking threads. Just because you have an opinion, it doesn't mean we need a thread about it. take your opinion, and form thoughts and statements for actual threads that mean something.

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This thread deserves nothing less. Another fucking IWC thread, about someone bitching about how they don't like a new Superstar. Then, tomorrow, the same person will bitch that the WWE is doing nothing new. Then on Tuesday, they will bitch about hwo Steriods have ruined the sport. Then friday, they will bitch about how the wrestlers are too skinny. enough with these fucking threads. Just because you have an opinion, it doesn't mean we need a thread about it. take your opinion, and form thoughts and statements for actual threads that mean something.
I am not against new guys. They building Miz and thats awesome. They missed with JoMo,Punk and Daniel Bryan so what? I post because i want to discuss about this.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.