Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
F4WOnline.com reports that Del Rio clashed with upper-level management that day and threatened to quit WWE. One company source says Del Rio was frustrated with his standing and contemplating a departure. A second source said the incident ‘wasn’t that big a deal’ and that both sides were wrangling over a contract matter. A third source believes the spat was a combination of both accounts.

Del Rio has leverage; he has no issues with income and could return to Mexico as a heralded former WWE Superstar and son of noted luchador Dos Caras. A company employee expressed skepticism Monday night that Del Rio had legitimately suffered a concussion, noting that he was “too injured” to work the No Way Out pay-per-view event on Sunday but healthy enough to work Raw. The employee believes the concussion was a cover excuse for issues that materialized between Del Rio and officials, necessitating his removal from the title match against Sheamus.
http://www.sescoops.com/alberto-del-rio-reportedly-threatened-to-quit-wwe-last-week/

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Re: Alberto Del Rio Reportedly Threatened To Quit WWE Last Week !

F4WOnline.com reports that Del Rio clashed with upper-level management that day and threatened to quit WWE. One company source says Del Rio was frustrated with his standing and contemplating a departure. A second source said the incident 'wasn't that big a deal' and that both sides were wrangling over a contract matter. A third source believes the spat was a combination of both accounts.

Del Rio has leverage; he has no issues with income and could return to Mexico as a heralded former WWE Superstar and son of noted luchador Dos Caras. A company employee expressed skepticism Monday night that Del Rio had legitimately suffered a concussion, noting that he was "too injured" to work the No Way Out pay-per-view event on Sunday but healthy enough to work Raw. The employee believes the concussion was a cover excuse for issues that materialized between Del Rio and officials, necessitating his removal from the title match against Sheamus.

Problems after Problems with this guy.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts

I wish he had quit. If he's being a douche backstage then they should just fire him, he brings absolutely nothing to the table that should give him any sort of bargaining power over WWE. It was bad enough when he got a completely undeserved megapush last year, if he's now demanding to be pushed even further ahead of guys who deserve it way, way more than him then they should just bite the bullet and release him.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts

Wouldn't be that big a loss if he left. He's not bad, but he's not that interesting either.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Probably the dirtsheets capitalising on a story after he wrestled a 2 minute match with Santino on Raw. "OMG NOT REALLY INJURED".

That being said, I could see him being unhappy with his place on the card. Last year he was WWE champion, now he's (going to) job to Sheamus for the WHC. Quite a step down.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts

ADR has leverage? What the hell? No he doesnt. The only "leverage" he owns is that the mexican feds will be able to tout him as a former WWE talent. Outside of that he has NO leverage.

He doesnt possess talent, he doesnt possess charisma, nor an entertaining gimmick. If I was WWE, I'd have let him the fuck loose. Too many whiny entitled bitches in this company today.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts

This is not the first time he has threatened to quit he wanted to quit when he was back in fcw.What a tart.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts

Del Rio is one of the few "legit" WWE wrestlers. Anyone who wants him gone clearly doesn't have a good mind for the business.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

So let me get this straight...

The little Mexican King, who has been pushed to the fucking stars, who in a little over a year was booked to win the Royal Rumble, MiTB, 2 World Titles, have a World Title match at his first WM and be in the title picture for months on the flagship show...threatened to quit the company because he's unhappy with his STANDING? What more does this ungrateful chump want? He's been given...not earned, GIVEN...success that most guys would work an entire career for and not attain, and he's still not happy. I think I can speak for everyone when I say he can take his ass back to Mexico and go work in the minors for the rest of his career and rot because he doesn't deserve the opportunity to be exposed on a world wide scale.

And the funniest part is that despite all of the success this prick has been handed on a silver platter, the fans still don't give a shit about him and 10 years from now he'll be about as memorable as Stan Stansky. You can't give people charisma and personality, and despite his pretty good in ring skills, I've seen chairs that can talk better than him. And I think ADR is bitter that his non-existent mic skills and personality are holding him back from getting the least bit over, and in his delusional mind he blames the WWE for this when in reality its his own fault. "Why do I not have the title again? Why do I get no reaction from the fans? It must be the WWE's fault! Give me more accomplishments so I can get over!" No man, its because my feces is more interesting than you and your the one to blame. Why don't you put on a mask, redebut on Smackdown and spend 4-5 years pissing around with Curt Hawkins and Tyson Kidd, then try talking to management about a title shot instead of being unhappy when you're given EVERYTHING in about 14 months.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts

Del Rio is one of the few "legit" WWE wrestlers. Anyone who wants him gone clearly doesn't have a good mind for the business.
give us a reason as to why we should want to watch him? Im asking this completely serious. I'm sure a fair amount of us here who dont like him are wondering what the fans of ADR see in him to want to keep him around.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

Uhhhh...

If ADR gets pissy and starts threatening to quit to get what he wants, then he'll stop trying in ring, which is dangerous and unprofessional, and will help to bring down the morale of the locker room because of his troubles with management. I don't give a flying fuck how 'legit' he is, how many casual fans in the audience know that? Almost none I'll guarantee you. If the guy is being an unprofessional ass because he's essentially throwing a temper tantrum that they aren't spoiling him with accolades to the degree they used to, he needs to be gone because in the end, he'll do more harm than good, and THAT is bad for business.

·
Ho!
17,737 Posts

Let him go, it will only help the WWE in the long run. Mistico can be the Mexican star in WWE, Del Rio can go back and be a star in Mexico.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts

because he's essentially throwing a temper tantrum that they aren't spoiling him with accolades to the degree they used to,
you know who else did that last year around this time?

:punk2

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts

Since when does legit wrestler equal good business? I'm not being a smart ass either, I'm being serious.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

The little Mexican King, who has been pushed to the fucking stars, who in a little over a year was booked to win the Royal Rumble, MiTB, 2 World Titles, have a World Title match at his first WM and be in the title picture for months on the flagship show...threatened to quit the company because he's unhappy with his STANDING? What more does this ungrateful chump want? He's been given...not earned, GIVEN...success that most guys would work an entire career for and not attain, and he's still not happy. I think I can speak for everyone when I say he can take his ass back to Mexico and go work in the minors for the rest of his career and rot because he doesn't deserve the opportunity to be exposed on a world wide scale.
First of all, you don't speak for everyone. At all.

Pushed to the stars? Yes he had a hard push a year or two ago...and WWE barely did jack shit with it. They let him become champion...for a very short time. What's he doing now? Sadly, he's jobbing on Smackdown, and that isn't his fault.

Everyone is technically "given" success in the WWE. Even if you earn it, you might not be given it if WWE doesn't see something in you. Alberto earned and was given his position by being a top notch performer.

And the funniest part is that despite all of the success this prick has been handed on a silver platter, the fans still don't give a shit about him and 10 years from now he'll be about as memorable as Stan Stansky. You can't give people charisma and personality, and despite his pretty good in ring skills, I've seen chairs that can talk better than him. And I think ADR is bitter that his non-existent mic skills and personality are holding him back from getting the least bit over, and in his delusional mind he blames the WWE for this when in reality its his own fault. "Why do I not have the title again? Why do I get no reaction from the fans? It must be the WWE's fault! Give me more accomplishments so I can get over!" No man, its because my feces is more interesting than you and your the one to blame. Why don't you put on a mask, redebut on Smackdown and spend 4-5 years pissing around with Curt Hawkins and Tyson Kidd, then try talking to management about a title shot instead of being unhappy when you're given EVERYTHING in about 14 months.
It is mostly WWE's fault for Del Rio "not being over" as you claim... His gimmick has so much potential and can generate a ton of heat (His gimmick is that he has a shit ton of money...), but WWE fails to captitalise and actually do something with his character. Make him form some badass heel stable, or use his money to buy himself wins or something... They book him like shit, and that is why he is supposidly complaining according to this report, and I don't blame him. I wouldn't be happy if I was jobbing weekly and they didn't do anything for my character also.

Uhhhh...

If ADR gets pissy and starts threatening to quit to get what he wants, then he'll stop trying in ring, which is dangerous and unprofessional, and will help to bring down the morale of the locker room because of his troubles with management. I don't give a flying fuck how 'legit' he is, how many casual fans in the audience know that? Almost none I'll guarantee you. If the guy is being an unprofessional ass because he's essentially throwing a temper tantrum that they aren't spoiling him with accolades to the degree they used to, he needs to be gone because in the end, he'll do more harm than good, and THAT is bad for business.
How the fuck would you know that Del Rio would "stop trying in the ring" if he was in a dispute with the WWE? -_-

·
Registered
7,252 Posts

the only bad thing that could come from getting rid of him is if they got rid of ricardo

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

what a shame he decided to stay

Alberto No Heato was a huge flop, time for Vinny Mac to admit it

1 - 20 of 264 Posts