Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I think if Alberto Del Rio had her at his side the fans would be more inclined to actually hate this man, or grow to respect him. Depends on how they would book the story. I could imagine Vickie falling for Del Rio, but Alberto not really in to her. Perhaps his right hand man Ricardo should introduce the two. It's painfully obvious that from the moment he meets Vickie he is clearly not interested, but understands the "business" aspects of it all.

At times Del Rio may end up showing appreciation for her, and this will begin to make Ricardo upset. As we would come to find out that because of Del Rio's attitude towards Vickie, Ricardo has come to find an interest in her. In an effort to have Alberto notice what she does, Vickie could help him win main event matches, and force Alberto to realize that she is the "key" to his success. This is where the tides turn. She begins to "boss" Del Rio around, with behind the back comedy by both Del Rio, and Ricardo. Maybe Ricard cracks an imaginary whip every time Vickie tells Albert what to do.

What is possible, is that we end up with a love triangle. Not so much Alberto Del Rio in love with Vickie, but in love with the amount of success she has brought to the table. This type of scenario could also force Ricardo to become jealous which is a possible short story on its own. What you want in a real story line are smaller stories that come from the main plot. The main plot is aligning Vickie with Alberto to help better his career. However, the small stories along the way would be Alberto's lack of respect for Vickie, Ricardo becoming attracted to Vickie, Del Rio/Ricardo making fun of Vickie behind her back while she bosses them around, Ricardo becoming jealous of Del Rio because Alberto finally appreciates what Vickie is doing for him, and finally Ricardo taking it all wrong thus costing his close friend a title.

This sets up Ricardo, and Vickie alliance. Vickie is the best heel magnet in the business, and Ricardo is just flat entertaining. Without Ricardo I often wonder how much more relevant Del Rio would even be. Granted, all he does is announce Del Rio's name, but it's classic. Honestly, without Ricard, Del Rio is extremely bland. Having Ricardo, and Vickie as business partners that end up starting a stable of young stars to help put over. Ricardo had this role down in FCW, and his character was actually solid. He speaks perfect English as well unlike Del Rio. Picture this a year from now. Del Rio is a face completely away from both Ricardo, and Vickie who now have a strong stable of young stars.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
He already has Ricardo Rodriguez..just make him more than just brag..Have him pay Supesrtars to do his dirty work..that's a way to establish a rich heel.They did it once with Ted DiBiase saw it was working and just scrapped it.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Nooooo! I'm a fan of ADR here and I prefer him to never get a reaction on all his life than involving him with Vickie.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nooooo! I'm a fan of ADR here and I prefer him to never get a reaction on all his life than involving him with Vickie.
I just think he doesn't get over as a heel, and she could help. However, what's more important is that she could move him to become a solid "face". I truly believe he is this generations Tito Santana, except better. I say this as a proud American Latino. His money made us hate him for a little, but that became very old rather quickly. I would imagine that a strong heel to turn him face would be a solid move.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Tito del Rio or not, just another diva..Vickie is pretty useless these days she gets all the reaction for herself.Just look at what happened with Ziggler he was better with Maria.They don't even need a established diva for that AJ barely appeared and helped Bryan to get over as heck.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've said it before but they should be a rich aristocratic couple looking down on all the plebs. Vikie should be bullying Ricardo around and Alberto should be refusing to talk to commoners.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
If that were to happen, Del Rio would most likely have to get rid of Ricardo, which would be very bad... but you already knew that.

But seriously, that would be a bad thing.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Nope hes got Ricardo and thats all he needs.

In fact I would flip him face before going the stick him with Vickie route.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,301 Posts
A billionaire former world champ shouldn't have a milf. He worked well with The Bellas and the Bellas are heels. Give ADR the Bellas if you are going to give him anybody.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Why is everybody so concerned about the crowd? They don't matter, WWE pushes who they want and have more than enough money to do that. The only thing they need to worry about with Del Rio is if his performance is good, and it is.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Del Rio needs a clear direction. It's asinine to expect the audience to care when he's doing the exact same stuff now that he was doing back in the Royal Rumble winner days. Nobody buys his "Destiny" crap anymore. Give the fans a reason to care and they will.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That'll ruin him like its ruining swagger and zig

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A billionaire former world champ shouldn't have a milf. He worked well with The Bellas and the Bellas are heels. Give ADR the Bellas if you are going to give him anybody.
If you remember Del Rio couldn't stand the Bella twins when they were around.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Why is everybody so concerned about the crowd? They don't matter, WWE pushes who they want and have more than enough money to do that. The only thing they need to worry about with Del Rio is if his performance is good, and it is.
Wat.
Don't you normally complain about how in WWE, wrestling barely matters, and it's all about charisma?

Dolph is equally as over as ADR :lol.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
What Del Rio needs is to become a Ted Dibiase Sr. type character. Have him gloat on how rich he is and how he is so much better than everyone else. The WWE is sitting on a gold mine here with Del Rio, I hope the acknowledge it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts