Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
His record as a mma fighter was not good or bad but decent, also not shame to lose with that Crocop on those days he was a beast.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I will try to find most of his MMA matches and post them here. You can find a list on wikipedia.

Versus Hiroyuki Ito -> loss (DQ for grabbing the ropes)

Versus Tatsuo Nakano : -> win (rear naked choke)

Versus Kengo Watanabe (first fight)-> loss (rear naked choke)

Versus Kengo Watanabe (second fight) -> win (belly to belly suplex)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Bro thats Cro Cop. He is a known badass. Props to Del Rio for doing MMA too, never knew that about him.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alberto-Rodriguez-2269

Dos Caras was on the Mexican national greco-roman team and he was third at the World Junior Championships in 1997.

He also won the Central American and Caribbean Games in his weight division three times and won a medal at the Pan American Games. Rodríguez was on track to compete at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia, but due to a lack of funding and support, Mexico did not send a wrestling team that year.

He trained for MMA with the famous Marco Antônio de Lima Ruas. The UFC 7 Tournament Champion considered one of the earliest examples of the complete mixed martial artist, highly skilled in both striking and grappling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Ruas

Del Rio's MMA stats are average, but still positive : 9 wins and 5 losses and a lot of wins by submission (7).

I find them quite impressive due to the fact he wasn't a professional and had the guts to fight. I would pay to watch HHH fighting in MMA and I am not sure he would win any fights.

Procop was a killer during this time, Del Rio I salute you.

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts
Yeah. . . . Against cans.
I admit he didn't win against the toughest competition but anyone who gets in an MMA ring and actually wins most of his fights especially someone who balancing his time between taking part in MMA fights and touring around performing wrestling shows deserves some props.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Versus Kengo Watanabe (second fight) -> win (belly to belly suplex)
[/QUOTE]

02:10 beautiful german suplex

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
His record as a mma fighter was not good or bad but decent, also not shame to lose with that Crocop on those days he was a beast.
Yeah. . . . Against cans.
^^^ That. 9-5 isn't a great record and against good fighters he failed hard. Look at the guys he did beat, they have a combined record of 29-53-3(1) (ie 29 wins, 53 losses, 3 draws, 1 no contest) with the majority of those wins coming from 2 guys Kohler (12-15) and Watanabe (8-13-3(1))

Yeah its good that he fought in an MMA ring and hats off to him for that but its not like he beat against any top guys or even any mid range guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts