Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Re: Aladdin (May 24, 2019)

It bugs me that walls of the buildings in the streets look so clean in pink. Genie looks good though.

These life action remakes are just nostalgia cash grabs and as long as people are still biting, Disney will continue to make them. I'll catch them on a flight or on TV later though. ;P

·
Premium Member
43,944 Posts

Watching Will Smith fail to live up to Robin Williams is just sad.

In the old movie, Robin's Genie is zipping around all over the place, transforming into things, and its funny and energetic.

Here...its just Will Smith dancing and singing in place. Much blander.

Its almost like this movie works best as a cartoon or something.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts

The previews and trailers don't do this movie justice. Will Smith was fine as the genie. The IGN clip above didn't show him zipping among the crowd during the sequence. The main cast were all brilliant, even hot Jafar played menacing well enough.
Movie was a fun adventure movie and very enjoyable. The movie updated the story to better fit the times, with more hits than misses. The new Jasmine song is pretty good too. Naomi Scott sure can sing. Too bad the song was forced into the movie with a nonsensical scene.

·
The face that runs the List
10,635 Posts

Enjoyable movie, but that doesn't make it any less unnecessary. Will Smith did well but he's no Robin Williams.

Jafar was dreadful. Absolutely. Dreadful. High-pitched voice, no physical presence, bland acting.

Whoever played Aladdin was pretty good. But the true MVP was Naomi Scott. She was likable, sang beautifully and looked gorgeous. She actually was better than the animated version.

BUT... they forced some more feminist bullshit in the movie with that new song and the ending of her character. I'm tired of Disney shoving this shit down our throats like they did with the all-female scene in Endgame.

For fuck's sake look at John Wick 3, Halle Berry was a strong, badass character and they didn't have to force anything.

·
From parts unknown
23,194 Posts
Heard they ruined this movie and made it a steaming pile of feminist garbage. Really concerned with how they’ll ruin lion king. They’ll probably have simba be a tranny fpalm
Well, the original Simba likely fucked his step-sister, so at least I'm sure that pleased the American conservatives in the Southern States - especially Alabama.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I wouldn't call this movie unnecessary as it did update some of the more controversial parts of the original for the masses, such as the lyrics of Arabian night and also Jasmine's story. Compare to Beauty and the Beast, this at least made some significant changes in the update rather than just a carbon copy.

I didn't mind Jafar as much as many others. He was a snake trying to worm his way to power instead of being a literal snake. :shrug

Yeah some of the feminist bullshit was cringe. Those "be seen but not heard" lines were pure bait. :lol And the scene for her song at the end was forced out of nowhere. But the overall changes to Jasmine's story were for the better and gave her more agency. Instead of just being a privileged princess wanting adventure and love, she is now a privileged princess wanting adventure and love and also the ambition to wanting the responsibility of ruling her kingdom.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Well, the original Simba likely fucked his step-sister, so at least I'm sure that pleased the American conservatives in the Southern States - especially Alabama.
Yes...because West Coast and Northern liberals aren't into weird sexual stuff.

LOL. . .

Thanks for the laugh.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,008 Posts
Aladdin sequel in early stages of development
Though it featured one of the rockiest beginnings to a marketing campaign, Guy Ritchie’s “Aladdin” remake, starring Will Smith, has become a box office powerhouse for Disney. Once the film hit theaters, all that laughing at Smith’s blue, CGI Genie character went out the window and fans of the film began praising it and buying insane numbers of tickets.

And speaking to Syfy, producer Dan Lin spoke about the film’s success and what it means for the future, namely a possible sequel.

“We’d love to,” Lin said. “People clearly loved the movie and watched it multiple times and we get lots of fan letters and people asking us to make ‘Return [of] Jafar,’ and I can just tell you that we’re in the early stages right now, but we’re certainly talking about another movie. Like with ‘Aladdin,’ it will not be a straight remake of any movie that’s been made before, so we’re looking at ‘where’s the best way to go with these characters?”

He added, “The audience response has really touched us in thinking about where we can go with these stories, and we feel like these characters have more adventures in store.”

While you may roll your eyes at the idea of Disney making another live-action “Aladdin” film, considering all that the studio seems to pump out nowadays are revivals of old franchises and sequels, keep in mind that if this was any other studio, the same thing would happen.

“Aladdin” has grossed more than $1.03 billion worldwide to date, and it is easily one of the biggest films of the year. So, even though this is Disney making the decision, you can’t fault a studio for wanting to make a sequel to a film that has already earned more than $1 billion. That’s just sound financial advice.

Now, if you want to call into question the public’s need for an “Aladdin” sequel, well, that’s a whole different debate.

Source: https://theplaylist.net/disney-aladdin-sequel-talks-20190813/?fbclid=IwAR0md9V3We0LEtdADvvJOWAX5GJpClBr1hJjixxccKH2Z1wiEZ2x3lk3a7g

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Saw the film last night. I actually enjoyed it.

Some of the words the lead actor was singing fell flat but overall good.

Surprised to find the girl who plays Jasmine is half British. Thought she was all middle eastern

121 - 133 of 133 Posts