Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Re: Aladdin (May 24, 2019)

I just don't. I don't GET these Disney live action movies. They are always missing something. And you know what they're missing? The soul in some way. There is no way that you, as a real life human being, can manage to express emotions or do facial expressions as over the top as you can do it with animation, there is just no way. And so the current movies look and feel dull, because reality is dull when compared to the animated and unrealistic style of Disney movies of old.

I mean look at that boring live action fuck when compared to a well animated cocky jock like cartoon Gaston. It's just overall so boring and bland.

Don't get me started on The Lion King and how I'm supposed to somehow relate to a realistic looking lion when the whole point of giving them anthropomorphic features is so the look less realistic, which will help you be able to relate to the animal .

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts

I just don't. I don't GET these Disney live action movies. They are always missing something. And you know what they're missing? The soul in some way. There is no way that you, as a real life human being, can manage to express emotions or do facial expressions as over the top as you can do it with animation, there is just no way. And so the current movies look and feel dull, because reality is dull when compared to the animated and unrealistic style of Disney movies of old.

I mean look at that boring live action fuck when compared to a well animated cocky jock like cartoon Gaston. It's just overall so boring and bland.

Don't get me started on The Lion King and how I'm supposed to somehow relate to a realistic looking lion when the whole point of giving them anthropomorphic features is so the look less realistic, which will help you be able to relate to the animal .
You got a good point. Still, I loved the live remakes of Cinderella and The Jungle Book. The rest was ok IMO except Maleficent which was quite bad. So I'm still willing to give this a chance.

·
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibl
5,214 Posts

:lol Holy fuck, this looks like trash. After that first teaser trailer, I thought it would get better and they would fix some of that CGI. But holy fucking fuck. I mean Disney, how low can you go?

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

Disney, stop remaking shit.

Please and thank you.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,108 Posts
I'd trash the Disney remakes if the Pete's Dragon one wasn't so amazing...

I'm seeing it, I won't lie and the Cave of Wonders along with that score (my personal fav Disney soundtrack) did give me the feels. I will reserve judgement on Will Smith - I get it, you can't duplicate Robin Williams so you may as well go in a completely different direction.

I mean look at that boring live action fuck when compared to a well animated cocky jock like cartoon Gaston. It's just overall so boring and bland. .
I thought that boring live action fuck was the best part of that movie. :shrug

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

I get the remake hate but I fucking loved 2017's Beauty & the Beast.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

I'd trash the Disney remakes if the Pete's Dragon one wasn't so amazing...
Its funny you mention Pete's Dragon as that is a movie that warranted a remake.

The original is...uh...not great. I liked it when I was 5, but it didn't age well at all, and I don't think anyone considers it to be a classic, so revisiting that idea, updating it, and improving upon it isn't a bad idea. If they ever got around to fixing Black Cauldron, I'd probably be in favor of that as well.

There is also a bit more risk involved since Pete's Dragon isn't a super bankable name, so the remake probably felt like it was made with the intention of making a good movie rather than as a cash grab. Granted, I didn't see the remake, so I can't speak to its quality, but everyone I've talked to has said it is great and I've been told, it is "Easily the best of the Disney remakes".

Its just a shame that it didn't do well at the box office because it didn't have the brand name that people know...which is why Disney is remaking all their classic shit...because people know it and it'll make money.

But movies like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Cinderella, Jungle Book, and Lion King (I'll throw Maleficent up there as well as its basically just a shitty remake of Sleeping Beauty) are all movies that are considered classics and the remakes feel like a cash grab, and in the end, will just be compared unfavorably to their animated counterparts. I think the reaction to the Aladdin trailer is people finally starting to realize it.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,108 Posts

Its funny you mention Pete's Dragon as that is a movie that warranted a remake.

The original is...uh...not great. I liked it when I was 5, but it didn't age well at all, and I don't think anyone considers it to be a classic, so revisiting that idea, updating it, and improving upon it isn't a bad idea. If they ever got around to fixing Black Cauldron, I'd probably be in favor of that as well.

There is also a bit more risk involved since Pete's Dragon isn't a super bankable name, so the remake probably felt like it was made with the intention of making a good movie rather than as a cash grab. Granted, I didn't see the remake, so I can't speak to its quality, but everyone I've talked to has said it is great and I've been told, it is "Easily the best of the Disney remakes".

Its just a shame that it didn't do well at the box office because it didn't have the brand name that people know...which is why Disney is remaking all their classic shit...because people know it and it'll make money.

But movies like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Cinderella, Jungle Book, and Lion King (I'll throw Maleficent up there as well as its basically just a shitty remake of Sleeping Beauty) are all movies that are considered classics and the remakes feel like a cash grab, and in the end, will just be compared unfavorably to their animated counterparts. I think the reaction to the Aladdin trailer is people finally starting to realize it.
I'd love to see a new Black Cauldron as one of the few who actually enjoy the original (mostly for the Horned King).

Pete's Dragon is unique as nothing about felt cynical unlike the other remakes it actually had heart. Went in with no expectations and it ended up being one of my favourite movies of 2016.

I wonder how long they can restrain themselves before Frozen gets a live action remake...

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

Not as bad as I feared. Still completely indifferent to Aladdin & Jafar is badly cast.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

How is it that I am more interested in Detective Pikachu than literally anything Disney is putting out?

I don't even like Pokémon!

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts

The trailer is FAR better than I thought it would be.

·
40,760 Posts

Naomi Scott is hot and all but she looks too Euro. I realize that Aladdin takes place in a totally made up setting, but come on there are very attractive darker skinned women in this world. I frankly don't care that much that Naomi is playing Jasmine but Disney preaches this small world after all thing and have done it forever. It's time to actually live up to this ideal. For fucking once.

Also Will Smith in this :heston

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

Aladdin is my 1b favorite Disney movie. I'm super disheartened seeing this. My confidence this movie will be good is at an all time low. It's Naomi Scott looking/sounding great and everything else looks like garbage.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

I assume it'll be like most of the other live action Disney remakes = It'll hit most of the beats of the original, but the overall presentation will be less good and a little sadder.

It probably won't be Maleficent bad though....woof.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts