Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,405 Posts
Re: Disney making live action Aladdin directed by Guy Ritchie

Aladdin is the worst choice of every film.

Not one Disney animated film is as defined by a single character as Aladdin is by Robin William's Genie. He is irreplaceable in that role.
While I agree about Robin Williams, I do think there are some decent options out there for Genie. Will Farrell would be ok, as would Eric Stonestreet, Eddie Murphy. If it's well-made, like I'm hearing this upcoming Beauty and the Beast film is, then I'm not opposed.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Eh, I'm good already as far as live action Aladdin goes

The original animated movie was one of my faves, and I'm actually hoping to see Once Upon a Time draw elements from it.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts

Alright, I'm fucking done. Fuck this. Fuck movies. I fucking hate this industry. You had ONE nice little modern-live action/CGI reboot with the Jungle Book that was a hit. Why do you now have to rape your own fucking history? Lion King is bad enough, but Aladdin too? Not just Aladdin...but GUY RITCHIE? Are you fucking for real? Robin Williams Genie is one of the most legendary animated characters ever, and now you're going to have Guy Ritchie retarding that all up.

It's goddamn pathetic.

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts

As I said before, I'll wait until I actually see it. Beauty and the Beast looks good and faithful to the original movie, and Jungle Book was great. I have not seen Cinderella though

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

They'd have to go a completely different direction with the Genie. If they try to do Williams' Genie they will fail. The only chance is something different and hope people will come around and think "I didn't know I wanted this".

Having said that, this is just a rumour and unconfirmed. No doubt it'll eventually happen but I don't think it'll be Ritchie.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts

The casting needs to be on point with this. No "Prince of Persia" garbage with this movie.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

The casting needs to be on point with this. No "Prince of Persia" garbage with this movie.
So make them all black? >:)

Aladdin is probably one of my favorite movies, I mean I've seen all 50 of them including the classic "Jafar gets glasses". Jasmine is the GOAT Princess and was my idol growing up, I thought she was like the coolest ever.

I'll not being seeing this movie, it's just not going to be good.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts

So make them all black? >:)

Aladdin is probably one of my favorite movies, I mean I've seen all 50 of them including the classic "Jafar gets glasses". Jasmine is the GOAT Princess and was my idol growing up, I thought she was like the coolest ever.

I'll not being seeing this movie, it's just not going to be good.
Idris Elba for Jafar? :mj

Aladdin is in my Top 5 favorite Disney films. I have no issues with a live-action remake. Just don't fuck up the casting. Genie will likely be CG, so they can have anybody voice him. It's the live actors I'm concerned about, considering there are not too many viable actors from that part of the world in Hollywood.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts

Can Disney knock this shit off already. Lion King, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Winnie The Pooh and now this!

Disney made it's name on animation and shouild be focusing on not milking it's classics with Subpar live action movies of them

What's next a live action Brother Bear, A live action Frozen?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

Guy Ritchie? Live-action Aladdin?

Vinnie Jones as Razoul, pretty please.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

A live action Frozen?
Only if they get a super hot chick to play Elsa

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

Only if they get a super hot chick to play Elsa
Hahaha you DO NOT want a live action Frozen, SJWs blasted it for not being diverse enough.. despite it's setting. Because Frozen is popular and Disney is afraid of the vocal minority on twitter Frozen will not be what the animated movie was.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Hahaha you DO NOT want a live action Frozen, SJWs blasted it for not being diverse enough.. despite it's setting. Because Frozen is popular and Disney is afraid of the vocal minority on twitter Frozen will not be what the animated movie was.
Fuck SJWs and Twitter. If Disney is afraid of that scum, they are spineless

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

Actually, Once Upon a Time FUCKING NAILED live action Frozen. They casted the actors for it PERFECTLY and while the show sometimes takes liberties with Disney characters they didn't fuck with Frozen at all. If they ever do a Frozen 2 their appearances on the show could easily fit into the time line and continuity of the movie

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

Why are people making such a big deal about having somebody other than Robin Williams voicing the Genie, like he could never be replaced in that role?

Hate to break it to you all, they already did it before with Dan Castellanetta.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts