Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rock went full-time from Survivor Series 1996 to Summerslam 2002. Less than 6 full years.
AJ Styles has been full-time since Royal Rumble 2016... going on 6 years and 4 months.

There was a point that I didn't believe AJ Styles would wrestle in WWE but with the run and championships he had and now even being longer full timer in WWE than somebody like The Rock, that is really impressive but it also shows how good The Rock was in short time.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
19,934 Posts
Okay, that's a HUGE mindfuck because I remember there was a long period of time where the idea of AJ Styles being in WWE was very unrealistic :LOL:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Runs and eras back then were shorter. We all remember the attitude era but it was 4 years long. Meanwhile Ziggler has wrestled in wwe for 15 years and done jack.

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
The Rock went full-time from Survivor Series 1996 to Summerslam 2002. Less than 6 full years.
AJ Styles has been full-time since Royal Rumble 2016... going on 6 years and 4 months.

There was a point that I didn't believe AJ Styles would wrestle in WWE but with the run and championships he had and now even being longer full timer in WWE than somebody like The Rock, that is really impressive but it also shows how good The Rock was in short time.
It’s also longer than:

Ultimate Warrior (5 years)
Dino Bravo (5 years)
Big Bossman (5 years)
Mr Perfect (5 years)
Honkytonk Man (4 years)
Lex Luger (3 years)
Rick Rude (3 years)

·
The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
21,884 Posts
Too sweet!

Props to Allen Jones i say he's still willing to work like a machine out there even if he's not using half of his original moveset out there, Rarely does anyone Wrestler or Fan have anything ill to say about him, I do wish he still used certain Signature moves like Spiral Tap, Fosbury Flop, Somersault Plancha(Instead of the usual Forearm), Starmaker, Cliffhanger etc.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Rock was the workhorse of 98, 99, and 00 with screen time up the wazoo. Austin would take shows off even in 98, in 99 and then his big injury break. For a majority of the AE it was The Rock show. 01 and beyond he was a part timer. So really he was only full time from 96-00

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Runs and eras back then were shorter. We all remember the attitude era but it was 4 years long. Meanwhile Ziggler has wrestled in wwe for 15 years and done jack.
Sometimes that happens. In the NBA, Udonis Haslem (a really good role player but no superstar in his prime) is in his 19th season with the Heat, though hasn't had any real role on the court in years. Nick Collison (role player) played 14 seasons with the Sonics/Thunder, Jeff Foster (scrub) played 13 seasons with the Pacers, etc. Dolph held a ton of midcard titles in his prime as a result of treadmill booking and a couple world titles so he has done more than "jack" and will likely be in the HOF someday, but in some cases loyalty to a certain team/brand/company does prevail over being a bigger fish in a small pond (not everybody is like Punk or Ambrose).

AJ will be in the WWE HOF for sure, as he's had a much better WWE career than anybody thought he would (multiple time world champion, beating Cena clean, beating Orton clean at WM, year long title reign, wrestling Taker at WM, lots of midcard and tag titles, etc.), coming from the same company that WWE has buried or misused people for being from or going to (Low Ki, Gail Kim, Mickie, EC3, Roode, Eric Young, Austin Aries, Christian, etc... you can argue Joe too but injuries were a factor there as he had high profile feuds and even wrestled Brock, while Jinder dropped the belt to AJ so Brock wouldn't have to wrestle him). Rock is one of the most charismatic wrestlers and greatest talkers (if not THE greatest) of all time, so comparing AJ to him isn't really fair. Outside of Austin and Hogan, nobody is on Rock's level in terms of drawing (not even Cena). Rock, Austin, Hogan, and probably Andre are the WWE Mount Rushmore...

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
TNA styles > WWE Styles

WWE Rock > most everyone
When his career is retrospected in 20-30-40 years it will be his WWE run that will be talked about far far far more even on the IWC.

I remember vividly Styles becoming eligible for Observer Hall of Fame and immediately dropping off because nobody voted him while he was still in TNA. 2 years in NJPW and first year in WWE he was back and voted in.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
When his career is retrospected in 20-30-40 years it will be his WWE run that will be talked about far far far more even on the IWC.

I remember vividly Styles becoming eligible for Observer Hall of Fame and immediately dropping off because nobody voted him while he was still in TNA. 2 years in NJPW and first year in WWE he was back and voted in.
Of course it will. No one watched TNA. Doesnt mean he was better then.

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
AJ Styles has held the WWE Championship longer than The Rock too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts