Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now we've seen these two face each other a few times, and I think it was a mistake, because it was one of the matches that I thought TNA should have held out on, but they threw it away on Impact. Thing is these two really haven't had much interaction feud wise. For those you have watched the AJ and Jeff backstage segment from last week's Impact, you can clearly see how upset AJ was and that there was truth to what he was saying.

I just think TNA has been provided with a real opportunity here, Jeff the screw-up druggie that everyone loves no matter what, up against the guy who busts his ass week in and week out for the company, yet isn't in the spotlight, isn't in the main event, isn't given World title matches, yet Jeff Hardy is time and time again.

You can have AJ take on a Jericho honest man type persona, a slow heel turn, where he blasts Jeff Hardy on several occasions, and blasts the fans for cheering for this drug addict time and time again. I know AJ isn't the natural heel, but his mic work has improved a lot since 2010, and if he's not trying to be Flair jr. I think he can pull this off. All he really has to do is be honest, say what is on his mind and what's on the mind of many people backstage.

You can draw comparisons to the Jericho vs HBK 2008 feud, or the Jeff vs Punk feud, or even the Punk vs Cena feud from this summer. AJ despises Jeff for how he gets special treatment, even though he nearly brought down the company.

I'm sure AJ may get cheered for saying these things and attacking Jeff, but that's why you must have AJ lash at the fans and TNA who allowed this drug addict to be World Champion, That he's been here for 10 years but nobody cares about AJ Styles, that Jeff is the star of the company, and that he's gonna take out Jeff Hardy and win the World title so TNA and the TNA fans can have a champion they can be proud of.

I'd have Jeff win the World title sometime next year, after Lockdown, to give Roode a good title run, but if you have AJ win the BFG series next year, which would end at Hard Justice instead of No Surrender, then you have ample time for this feud leading into BFG 2012.

AJ wins the tournament the fans cheer him, then he cuts a promo right after the match, stating that he is going to win the World Title and eliminate the poison that is Jeff Hardy and you go from there. Fans will sympathize with Jeff as always and AJ will look good in the feud, because most of it will rely on his promo skills, giving him a place to shine. Plus the match would be pretty good with these two, and I think this would be a great draw for TNA, Jeff Hardy against the once face of TNA in the biggest PPV of the year, sounds pretty good to me.

What do you guy's think? Thoughts, compliments or critiques would be appreciated.

·
Thanks for the memories, Shawn.
959 Posts
I like it.

It could work and it fits right in with the whole Beer Money/Fortune breakup.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
If TNA did play hot potato with the title at the beginning of the year, between Sting, Anderson and Hardy and Jeff kept the title from BFG 2010 until now, then AJ vs. Hardy should have been this years BFG main event. The leader of Fourtune, and the poster boy of TNA, AJ Styles who turned on Immortal against Immortal's centerpiece, and someone who has just waltzed in and got the title. You could incorporate some of this storyline in to it, but I would have thought that this match would have been the most logical BFG main event we've seen in a while. Also, you'll have the snivelling, chickenshit heel that has overcame EVERY single obstacle over the course of 12 months, including handicap matches, KOTM, gauntlet matches etc All booked by "The Network", going up against a man that has worked his ass off bt has been treated like shit and has hardly anything to show for all of his hard work, since Hogan and Bischoff have arrived. Yes, we might not have seen Roode pushed but I guess you win some and you lose some, but you could still push Roode ro some capacity.

My plan for Roode would revolve around the Sting/Hogan storyline, that they're oh so bothered about. Have each man pick a representative, and have Sting go through all of the locker room. Asking Joe, Morgan, Crimson and even James Storm but they all decline the offer, before resorting to Roode. Have Sting pick Roode at Slamiversary (long build up) and have it until around No Surrender for Roode to come around and for Roode to impress Sting to the extent that he realises he should have asked Roode first. Then fast forward to BFG, have Roode vs. Hogan's pick, say Bully Ray, and have Roode win! A Hogan and Sting brawl could have ensued on the outside so we see them two fight, and Roode picks up the victory. Continue the relationship between Sting and Roode until the point that Sting wants to pass the torch, for the 342359th time. Roode defeats Sting at say, Genesis and there you have it. AJ as the Champion, Roode as the number one contender, Aries as the X-Division Champion, Sabin should be back to help the tag division with the BI and Ink Inc. and Velvet may be knockout's champion. No ex-WWE guys as champions, and Hogan/Sting have taken a back seat, or ahve even left or retired.

#HIREMETNA

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Kurt Angle has been in TNA for five years. He isn't "an ex-WWE guy," he is a cornerstone for TNA, he has been the man in TNA for over half the time TNA has even been a company.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If TNA did play hot potato with the title at the beginning of the year, between Sting, Anderson and Hardy and Jeff kept the title from BFG 2010 until now, then AJ vs. Hardy should have been this years BFG main event. The leader of Fourtune, and the poster boy of TNA, AJ Styles who turned on Immortal against Immortal's centerpiece, and someone who has just waltzed in and got the title. You could incorporate some of this storyline in to it, but I would have thought that this match would have been the most logical BFG main event we've seen in a while. Also, you'll have the snivelling, chickenshit heel that has overcame EVERY single obstacle over the course of 12 months, including handicap matches, KOTM, gauntlet matches etc All booked by "The Network", going up against a man that has worked his ass off bt has been treated like shit and has hardly anything to show for all of his hard work, since Hogan and Bischoff have arrived. Yes, we might not have seen Roode pushed but I guess you win some and you lose some, but you could still push Roode ro some capacity.

My plan for Roode would revolve around the Sting/Hogan storyline, that they're oh so bothered about. Have each man pick a representative, and have Sting go through all of the locker room. Asking Joe, Morgan, Crimson and even James Storm but they all decline the offer, before resorting to Roode. Have Sting pick Roode at Slamiversary (long build up) and have it until around No Surrender for Roode to come around and for Roode to impress Sting to the extent that he realises he should have asked Roode first. Then fast forward to BFG, have Roode vs. Hogan's pick, say Bully Ray, and have Roode win! A Hogan and Sting brawl could have ensued on the outside so we see them two fight, and Roode picks up the victory. Continue the relationship between Sting and Roode until the point that Sting wants to pass the torch, for the 342359th time. Roode defeats Sting at say, Genesis and there you have it. AJ as the Champion, Roode as the number one contender, Aries as the X-Division Champion, Sabin should be back to help the tag division with the BI and Ink Inc. and Velvet may be knockout's champion. No ex-WWE guys as champions, and Hogan/Sting have taken a back seat, or ahve even left or retired.

#HIREMETNA
That could have worked, but you needed Jeff to screw up like this for this storyline to happen, to give AJ a tangible reason to hate Jeff, and a reason for the fans to get behind Jeff, a way to turn him face again, sympathy, and his promise to make up for his mistakes, the fans always eat up that Jeff bullshit. AJ could have been the "honest man" that didn't buy Jeff's change, which brings up his resentment towards Jeff, the fans and TNA management.

This year may have been too soon, because you would have had to bring Jeff back early, and allow him to win the World title, and AJ to win the BFG series. I like Roode vs Angle for this year, if they had waited another year for Roode, they might never pull the trigger, so I'm glad it happen. AJ vs Jeff can be built up for next year.

As for the involving Roode in the Hogan vs Sting feud, I really would not like that, I'd rather not put someone with talent into that mess of a feud, Roode is where he needs to be right now. And you could always do a Styles vs Roode program after next years BFG where AJ beats Jeff.

As much as people hate on TNA, it isn't the talent, its creative, they have incredible talent and performers, just no direction, it kind of seems like they've finally found it with this whole Roode quest for the title, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Roode vs Storm
Hardy vs Styles
Styles vs Roode

^^that right there is almost a year worth of World title feuds if handled correctly.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
It's just exciting talking about people other than RVD, Sting, & Mr. Anderson.

A main event scene with Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, & AJ Styles is refreshing as a fan and sets a high standard for in ring work as a TNA main eventer.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Now we've seen these two face each other a few times, and I think it was a mistake, because it was one of the matches that I thought TNA should have held out on, but they threw it away on Impact. Thing is these two really haven't had much interaction feud wise. For those you have watched the AJ and Jeff backstage segment from last week's Impact, you can clearly see how upset AJ was and that there was truth to what he was saying.

I just think TNA has been provided with a real opportunity here, Jeff the screw-up druggie that everyone loves no matter what, up against the guy who busts his ass week in and week out for the company, yet isn't in the spotlight, isn't in the main event, isn't given World title matches, yet Jeff Hardy is time and time again.

You can have AJ take on a Jericho honest man type persona, a slow heel turn, where he blasts Jeff Hardy on several occasions, and blasts the fans for cheering for this drug addict time and time again. I know AJ isn't the natural heel, but his mic work has improved a lot since 2010, and if he's not trying to be Flair jr. I think he can pull this off. All he really has to do is be honest, say what is on his mind and what's on the mind of many people backstage.

You can draw comparisons to the Jericho vs HBK 2008 feud, or the Jeff vs Punk feud, or even the Punk vs Cena feud from this summer. AJ despises Jeff for how he gets special treatment, even though he nearly brought down the company.

I'm sure AJ may get cheered for saying these things and attacking Jeff, but that's why you must have AJ lash at the fans and TNA who allowed this drug addict to be World Champion, That he's been here for 10 years but nobody cares about AJ Styles, that Jeff is the star of the company, and that he's gonna take out Jeff Hardy and win the World title so TNA and the TNA fans can have a champion they can be proud of.

I'd have Jeff win the World title sometime next year, after Lockdown, to give Roode a good title run, but if you have AJ win the BFG series next year, which would end at Hard Justice instead of No Surrender, then you have ample time for this feud leading into BFG 2012.

AJ wins the tournament the fans cheer him, then he cuts a promo right after the match, stating that he is going to win the World Title and eliminate the poison that is Jeff Hardy and you go from there. Fans will sympathize with Jeff as always and AJ will look good in the feud, because most of it will rely on his promo skills, giving him a place to shine. Plus the match would be pretty good with these two, and I think this would be a great draw for TNA, Jeff Hardy against the once face of TNA in the biggest PPV of the year, sounds pretty good to me.

What do you guy's think? Thoughts, compliments or critiques would be appreciated.
IMO I think that the feud can work and draw without the world title being involved. At this point in time I think AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy are in a position to have feuds with credible opponents that can be big without the need for titles being involved, although a Jeff Hardy vs Robert Roode or James Storm feud could be good as well.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Jeff Hardy needs to feud with Bully Ray. Their hardcore matches would rock.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff Hardy needs to feud with Bully Ray. Their hardcore matches would rock.
Am I the only person that doesn't like Bully Ray??? Like I turn the channel when he comes on. Jeff is a main eventer, he is a top draw why place him in a feud that really wouldn't go anywhere, where as there are other feuds that would benefit TNA more as a whole.

·
Premium Member
43,708 Posts
Back in February, I honest to God thought this would be the BFG Main Event. If that was the plan, it got scrapped because of what Hardy did, but there you go.

·
Banned
611 Posts
I think Jeff's days as a heel are over. This whole redemption story line is going to get him over even more. If he can keep his shit on straight this time Jeff is going to be the top face of TNA very soon here.

On the topic of these backstage segments, anyone get a bad feeling from the Angle one. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Angle retains at BFG so that we get an Angle/Hardy feud for the world title. Not a bad thing per say, since it would be a fresh feud (and their match at No Surrender last year is one of my all time favorites). It is just the fact that it is Roode's time right now, and I would hate to see that passed up.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Great thread to place post number 1000 . It is what it is, Jeff is massively over AJ just is not, sorry, but agreed this is thrown far to early, it could have used fr more time.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great thread to place post number 1000 . It is what it is, Jeff is massively over AJ just is not, sorry, but agreed this is thrown far to early, it could have used fr more time.
Congrats on the 1000th post

I'm just not sure what you mean that it's far too early, I'm not saying have this feud for this BFG, I'm saying this could be a feud that they do next year leading up to BFG. AJ not being as over as Jeff is where the whole jelousy card plays in for AJ, no matter what he does, no matter how much better in the ring he is, no matter how many times he doesn't screw up outside the ring and in Jeff's case inside the ring, AJ is not the top guy he should be.

This feud can either make AJ the top heel of the company, or if people buy into what he's saying, he can actaully stay face, like how CM Punk was able to become face leading into MITB.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This feud can either make AJ the top heel of the company, or if people buy into what he's saying, he can actaully stay face, like how CM Punk was able to become face leading into MITB.
But then wouldn't that make Jeff heel? Or would you imagine he'd be cheered and booed ala Cena?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts