Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope TNA gives those guys 20 minutes (even though it sounds like a miraculous thing), I didn't know those two were feuding, eh I mean having a match before last nights iMPACT! episode. They built this match pretty good in short time with their Reaction comments, although quite honestly, they should have done that the whole month and not just short term randomly mentioning the feud last week and thinking fans will buy into it that simply.

Either way, I expect this match to be a potential MOTY if those guys get enough time together. I just don't see getting this match anything below MOTN easily at the very least.

What are your thoughts on the match?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
It should be a great match, but does anyone else think that they will probably get less than ten minutes ,and not the twenty+ they deserve. Hope Williams goes over too!

·
Registered
129 Posts
They will probably get 10-12 minutes....

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a bigger mark for AJ so I naturally think he needs to go over, especially since he's supposed (at least in a logical company who supports their main faces) to be booked in mainevent feuds soon but TNA have barely showcased him at all on Impact so he would lose all his steam by losing. That said, I want a competetive match where he still puts Williams over based on his performance, and for that, a 20 minutes match is needed. A 10-12 minute match wouldn't do anyone justice, neither the feud progression nor the fans, how hard can it be to let two of the best wrestlers in TNA (and maybe all of the world) compete against each other and just tear the house down?

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I think the matches that should get consideration for time are AJ/Williams & Guns/GenMe.

Get both of them to around the 15-20min mark & that'll really elevate the PPV.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guns/Young Bucks has been showed often enough so I don't really care. It's basically 4 guys with no working ability hitting spot after spot, but I guess thats fine as long as those guys are only working as PPV openers. Now Joe vs Jarrett, if both pull their A-game, could be another surprise event.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,002 Posts
Very much looking forward to this match. As has been said already, if these two are given the time they deserve they could put on a hell of a match, possibly a MOTY contender.

Not entirely sure how i want this to turn out. On the one hand i'd love to see A.J. and Doug feud for a while, putting on a series of top notch matches, preferably with A.J. retaining and Doug chasing, eventually getting the big win. On the other hand i'd love to see Styles leave the T.V. title behind him and move back into the Heavyweight title scene. However, with him being a heel and in Fortune (which i don't want to change anytime soon), and Hardy likely holding the title for a long time to come, i can't see this happening for quite some time.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Give them 25 min, TNA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts