Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Who meant more to their company? AJ Styles to TNA or Bryan Danielson to ROH? There have been bigger stars in both of their companies at various points in time, but these two were the backbones of the company. They set the baseline and have been the most consistent performers in my opinion of their respective company. So which one meant more?

2) If you replaced one with the other in their respective companies which company would benefit more? Or would they both suffer?

3) Which one is the better overall pro wrestler(in everything that it takes to be a pro wrestler including presence, charisma, promos, in ring, look, ability to sell a ppv/card, etc.

·
Registered
379 Posts
1) Styles means more to TNA than Bryan did to ROH.
2) ROH would benefit more by having Styles due to name-value.
3) Styles is the better performer.
I agree with your first two points, but I see Danielson being the more consistant performer of the two.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1. Danielson meant more to ROH since he was always pushed as a top talent, where as AJ was only sometimes seen as a big player in TNA. Danielson lives and breaths what ROH stands for.

2. ROH would benefit more with having AJ in there again because he's a bigger star now, and he used to wrestle for them in the beginning.

3. Danielson hands down in the wrestling department, and since he's now in the WWE machine, he's already known to the general fans because of it. Not to mention having an entire audience chanting for your name during the main event, in which he was not a part of, let alone even employed by the company. Styles could only dream of having that many people chant his name.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree with your first two points, but I see Danielson being the more consistant performer of the two.
I believe Danielson is really limited to the kind of match's he is in. I cant see Danielson doing anything else besides a great technical match, Where I can see Aj doing many different kinds of match's

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
1. AJ, he was the reason so many people got into TNA, he is also still in TNA.

2. Whoever had AJ, he was a must see.

2. Bryan Danielson, pretty easy choice. Danielson is one of the very best.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1) Styles means more to TNA than Bryan did to ROH.
2) ROH would benefit more by having Styles due to name-value.
3) Styles is the better performer.
This.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
1. Danielson means more to ROH than Styles ever meant, or would mean, to ROH, but I'm not sure if that's more than Styles meant to TNA. I'll say yes, because Danielson was always a top guy whereas Styles often took a back seat.

2. ROH would benefit more financially from having Styles.

3. Danielson is better in just about every facet of being a pro wrestler.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
1. Aj definately meant more to TNA than Danielson did to ROH
2. ROH would probably benefit from AJ more as it he had a match on DVD it would sell loads as the ROH fans love to see AJ be used well. While Danielson in TNA would do nothing to be honest.
3. Danielson > AJ though as he is better as an overal performer. In ring, Promo wise he is miles above AJ in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
1. Hmmmm its pretty tough to say. They are both incredibly important to their promotions, but if i had to choose i would say AJ in TNA, but they are pretty much equal.

2. ROH would benefit more by having AJ. Danielson does not fit as well in the TNA-machine as AJ does in ROH.

3. I love watching AJ in the ring, but Danielson is the better wrestler.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
1) Who meant more to their company? AJ Styles to TNA or Bryan Danielson to ROH? There have been bigger stars in both of their companies at various points in time, but these two were the backbones of the company. They set the baseline and have been the most consistent performers in my opinion of their respective company. So which one meant more?

2) If you replaced one with the other in their respective companies which company would benefit more? Or would they both suffer?

3) Which one is the better overall pro wrestler(in everything that it takes to be a pro wrestler including presence, charisma, promos, in ring, look, ability to sell a ppv/card, etc.
AJ styles was TNA before it was cool. Looking back at his breif absence from wrestling bryan in whatever time could be easily replaced by Nigel, kenny Omega or Double A

Im dont really think it would have mattered if AJ was replaced by someone else. AJ never was a sizeable in ROH i think and he would have blurred out compared to the rest of the wrestling on the show, if he didnt die from ROH match standards first, Bryan was just the best at what they do.

Its pretty easy who the better guy is, over here in Britian Bryan would wrestle under a mask and work a WWE style match for the kids, he can certainly deliver promos better and AJ just comes off as an eveyday guy, better body sure but Bryan can do the MMA style shtick, plus "Final Countdown" just comes off better than "I AM I AM" if that makes any sense

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
AJ doesn't get used properly in TNA. He's kind of back on the right track but we'll see. Nobody can fuck things up like TNA. Russo's really good at making you think things might be picking up booking wise but then hitting you with the ultimate swerve by shitting all over your optimism.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts