Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a thread that has been banded around loads, but I'm new here so obviously haven't seen any. would he ever come? and if not, why? I've been looking online for reasons why he has never come and i've just found too many conflicting answers... such as: Vince doesn't want him, he's too loyal to TNA, he's made too many bad comments about WWE in the past, he's scared of getting buried if he switches over. Is there a short and simple answer or is it a combination of some of these? cheers.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
I guess it's a combination of those, but right now he's being buried in TNA anyway, so I don't see a reason he shouldn't go to the WWE.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i would object AJ in wwe, hes simply too talented to be getting the shit beat out of him by sheamus on a weekly basis (and id get sick to my stomach if he wound up on SD somehow)

true he gets wasted in tna from time to time, but with things as eratic as they are in tna... aj could be jobbing to bubba ray one week, and be the world champ the next

in wwe there would be a 0.3% chance of him getting ANY chances like that

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
AJ Styles with him being a high flyer in WWE as well as a technical wrestler, I made a comparison once on another site where I said years ago that AJ Styles reminded me of a young Shawn Michaels

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I'd love it if he gets in the WWE. He deserves it, he's talented as hell and worked really hard. He deserves to get on the biggest stage of this business. He'd probably not get pushed too far since he doesn't fit their mold but he can have a few good matches there. AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan anyone?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The only reason I would want AJ to go to WWE is to see him face some talent we haven't seen him face before.

Imagine AJ Styles vs:
- The Undertaker
- Chris Jericho
- Edge
- Christian
- Rey Mysterio
- John Morrison
- Triple H (On his A-game)
- Shelton Benjamin (If he re-signs)
- Sin Cara
- Jack Swagger
- Dolph Ziggler
- Justin Gabriel
- Kofi Kingston

Any of those could easily steal any PPV they were booked on. And that's before you ever look at the possibility of rematches/feuds with good build vs. Daniel Bryan or CM Punk (mouth waters).

But having said all that I still don't want AJ to sign with WWE whilst TNA is still running. Part of the reason I respect AJ Styles as much as I do, is because he's stuck with TNA through the good and the bad. Even though he has the talents to make it big in the world's top promotion, he's stayed loyal to his (far smaller) promotion without even poking his head around the corner.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
It'd be sweet from a pure wrestling POV. Imagine a proper feud with Danielson or Punk, I've seen a few of their matches together over the past and they've had some crackers together.

But as a fan of AJ, I hope I never see it. He wouldn't make it, he's not WWE material and he's already a huge name outside of WWE, if Goldberg can't make it then AJ definitely wont.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Before TNA was created, WWE offered AJ a developmental contract but he didn't sign because it would've interfered with his wife's college plans so he joined TNA and like someone else said, I don't think he'll leave TNA as long as TNA is running. He's like the Undertaker of TNA, he's extremely loyal.

·
Banned
21 Posts
For fuck's sake no. He would job to Tyler Reks on Superstars,get Reverse STO as finisher and have his moveset reduced to dropkicks and leapfrogs while being dressed in generic speedos.NO

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I would love it because he's one of the guys i like in TNA. But they wouldn't use him the way that he should be used, so he's better off in TNA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts