Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AJ Styles' second scheduled Title defense has been revealed. WRESTLE-1 have announced that should AJ Styles retain his Title against Mesias this Sunday in Mexico he will be defending his TNA World Heavyweight Title against Seiya Sanada at their November 16th show at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
That's really cool, I was calling it weeks ago. Now, I'd prefer KAI, Funaki or Kondo, but Sanada can be really good in right situations and when carried by better opponents, I have no doubt about Styles being motivated for this. Should be good.

Reactions: Das Wunderberlyn

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That's really f'ing cool, hope we get to see the footage
It's going to be taped and played on GAORA on the 23rd. I don't think Samurai TV is showing it live and I don't think it's on niconico either. But you'll see it eventually.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's going to be taped and played on GAORA on the 23rd. I don't think Samurai TV is showing it live and I don't think it's on niconico either. But you'll see it eventually.
IMO, TNA should cover it on Impact for storytelling purposes!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok... it's cool because it's different.

But... how is this going to improve the TNA product...?
It's giving them a lot of buzz and exposing other markets to their product. It's also showing they want to really work talent exchange. After the issues with NJPW and AAA due to lucha libre USA, it's a sign of how willing they are to work with these two organizations W-1 & AAA, by sending their world champion over.

I don't expect AJ to defend in the US at least not an event that will be on DVD due to the distribution deal they have. He could do some dark match stuff as special untaped main events.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What promotions are on really good terms with TNA apart from AAA and Wrestle-1?
Do you think he'll come to your country? Wasn't it AJ & someone else that went to Australia on a promotional tour>

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Awesome!

I really hope that we will get the footage from all of his international matches.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
If in this matches Styles defends his title, how can he book match in Japan before wrestling match in AAA?
What if he'll lose to Mesias?
Obviously he wont, but I dont think they should ignore such a possibility storyline wise.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If in this matches Styles defends his title, how can he book match in Japan before wrestling match in AAA?
What if he'll lose to Mesias?
Obviously he wont, but I dont think they should ignore such a possibility storyline wise.
My bad, I should have made things clearer in the original post (I'll edit it now). Technically, W-1 are not officially promoting it as a Title match just yet. They've acknowledged the defense in Mexico this Sunday and will officially make the Sanada match a TNA World Title match should AJ retain the Title in Mexico. Basically, right now the match is listed as a non-title match as they're waiting for the outcome of Sunday's AAA match to make it official.

Also, the story is Jarrett selected Sanada as AJ's opponent since he has been very impressed by Sanada.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
TNA are doing what WWE should have had Punk do back in 2011.
TNA showing the advantages of working with other promotions. WWE couldn't have done this because they have working relationships with nobody, and even if they would I don't think they'd allow Punk to defend their title anywhere unless the opponent was made to look like a complete jobber.

I don't really expect AJ to defend the title anywhere except AAA and Wrestle-1, but who knows what TNA will do with this storyline...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts