Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following contains spoilers for future broadcasts of Impact Wrestling. Read further down only if you absolutely want to know the results.

On the January 9, 2014 taping of Impact Wrestling, Magnus beat AJ Styles in a no disqualification "Winner Takes All" match for the unified TNA championship. After the match, Styles
thanked the fans for everything and said he busted his ass for TNA and them. He said there was no place like home.

It was believed that AJ Styles hasn't signed a new contract with TNA and his current contract was set to expire. It was mentioned that TNA might attempt to write AJ out of the product until a new contract is decided.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Re: Is AJ Styles leaving TNA?

:gun:this is very very upsetting...how could tna have money to re-sign mr.anderson and not aj styles ? with all the money they saved getting rid of hogan and getting off the road full time how can they not afford 2 give aj a new contract ? im fucking pissed at this bullshit.

he is the most over hes ever been in his career and tna are going to let him be a free agent ? i have complimented tna on their recent turnaround, but its things like this which prevent people from taking them seriously . how can you let your heart and soul walk ?

im really really pissed about this . god fucking dammit . tna had gold here and they squandered it for copper . fuck you hogan and bischoff for your last " present " to tna . fucking 1 trick pony egotistical assholes

oh and if they keep sting over aj, i dont even know how i can defend tna anymore despite some recent positives.

as triple h promo on the late great owen hart back in '97, sting is like that fucking nugget that just wont flush down the toilet. no matter how old, gray, broken down he gets he still stays around in tna even though he has nothing left 2 do anymore and has nothing left to offer the company . just go away and retire with some dignity you old fart , although hes probably past the retiring with dignity part, seeing how he wrestles in a pajama gown and hasnt had a good match in years :gun:

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts

Do you have a source, I didn't see the spoilers.

In the event that this is true:
What, how the fuck do they let Magnus beat AJ like this, he's the hottest thing in TNA right now. This is just fucking frustrating.

·
Registered
697 Posts

What, how the fuck do they let Magnus beat AJ like this, he's the hottest thing in TNA right now. This is just fucking frustrating.
Yes it is this is the final thing he said on the show:

AJ grabbed a mic after. Loud “thank you AJ” chants. He said he wrestled all over the world and that there is no place like home. Whether he is here or whether he is somewhere else but the fans will always be a part of him. He killed himself for this company for the fans. “Storyline or not” Dixie Carter can forget about him, but he doesn’t eat the fans to. He says this is real right now and thanks is for letting him wrestle for us. He goes around ringside and high fives fans around ringside and leaves.
Like I have said before this is going to be a very sad day in TNA if they lose him. If Aj Styles really does leave TNA then they need go out sign a good indy talent to take his place. They need to sign Johnny Gargano or something.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Or the best kayfabe of the history or the biggest mistake in history of TNA, but I believe on the first one, TNA won't hype AJ letting he win the BFG Series, the belt and tour around the world magnifically if this wasn't a storyline
Besides that... TNA announced the "Evening with AJ Styles" for the UK tour... They can't be that stupid to announce a package for a uncertain wrestler.
First Hardy and now AJ... I expecting Jarrett back to TNA with them together

"- AJ Styles is scheduled to appear at several "An Evening with AJ Styles" events for the first week of March in Europe. The appearances will feature a meet & greet and Q&A session. Ticket and venue information is not available at this time. Here are the confirmed locations:

* Cardiff, Wales
* Liverpool, England
* Glasgow, Scotland
* Newcastle, England
* London England"

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

in the last few months AJ has been more important in TNA than he has been for most of the last 3 years, but that's not exactly saying much. for most of that time AJ has been in the mid card.
I think for now that this is storyline. AJ could take some time off like James Storm did?
I can't imagine TNA is just giving up and that they don't want AJ.
I'll belive AJ isn't there anymore when I see it.

however I do think TNA could not resign AJ, and be absolutely the same. AJ being there or not being there is not going to make or break tNA.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

Or the best kayfabe of the history or the biggest mistake in history of TNA, but I believe on the first one, TNA won't hype AJ letting he win the BFG Series, the belt and tour around the world magnifically if this wasn't a storyline
Besides that... TNA announced the "Evening with AJ Styles" for the UK tour... They can't be that stupid to announce a package for a uncertain wrestler.

"- AJ Styles is scheduled to appear at several "An Evening with AJ Styles" events for the first week of March in Europe. The appearances will feature a meet & greet and Q&A session. Ticket and venue information is not available at this time. Here are the confirmed locations:

* Cardiff, Wales
* Liverpool, England
* Glasgow, Scotland
* Newcastle, England
* London England"
are u sure that aj was booked through tna on this uk tour ?

Reactions: mr21gf

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

* Cardiff, Wales
* Liverpool, England
* Glasgow, Scotland
* Newcastle, England
* London England"
"An Evening With AJ Styles" isn't promoted by TNA. It's a separate event.

·
Registered
25,786 Posts

He won't go far if he leaves. Personally i think he's TNA for life. WWE by now would be picking him up but seems sadly like that they wont.

As for TNA, i think the issue will be solved very soon.

·
Registered
697 Posts

* Cardiff, Wales
* Liverpool, England
* Glasgow, Scotland
* Newcastle, England
* London England"
Actually it's with Bill Behrens not TNA.

·
Registered
124 Posts

What the F**k?! How can they make him lose to Magnus. He was suppossed to comeback DEFEAT Magnus and stay champ for a few months. TNA should had done everything they could to sing him to atleast Wrestlemania time. Being the 30th anniversay WWe will probably go all out, TNA will need all they have.

However, they'll probably work something out soon...kind of like Anderson. (If they rumors are even true)

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

I think it makes more sense to have Magnus win. he just turned heel to win the title from this tournament. could have looked weak to them have him lose to AJ, making that title he won meaningless.
I'm curious to see what they're doing with the title belts. if AJ has one, then Magnus needs another one. so do they create a brand new belt.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts

what a clown move he lost to Magnus after all that buildup to this story like that, too bad he not leaving for real the dude done it all in TNA and TNA need to free up so big contract to get some fresh talents in there (Morrison, Diamante, Pearce, AR Fox, Uhaa Nation, Chris Masters, ETC)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

He won't go far if he leaves. Personally i think he's TNA for life. WWE by now would be picking him up but seems sadly like that they wont.

As for TNA, i think the issue will be solved very soon.
WWE's not the only other company out there, you know. If NJPW decides to pick him up, he might make much more money from them than he did in TNA.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts

My guess in that his contract is still up in the air and this gives a month to try and work something out and still protect themselves on the back end. It's not like it's a bad thing for any other reason, it's great to see a fresh face like Magnus with the belt. I could do without Dixie on TV for sure, hopefully that will end soon either way.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.