Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AJ styles held the title during down season last year but when Mania season arrived, WWE management showed him the door and put the title on Vince's hand picked guy Randy Orton. They didn't even bother to give him a good spot on the mania poster. Now Orton is being promoted as the face of Smackdown while AJ feuds with Owens. Orton will hold the title until fall where he will drop the title to Corbin according to backstage news. AJ won't get the title back this year and betting odds show he will lose to Owens at backlash.

So the question is Styles push over for the foreseeable future?

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
1st of all don't talk about betting odds in any other thread than the designated Betting Thread. You're a dick for doing so and because of that I refuse to contribute any further on your topic.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait for people to get all serious in this thread as if this isn't an obvious troll.
Why do u think I am trolling? Name one thing I said that is not true. I dunno if you read other wrestling news sites but all this stuff has been reported for a while now. I wanted Styles to win title at Summerslam but WWE brass is really high on Corbin for some reason and he will win MITB

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
1. Actually they put it on Cena, then Bray Wyatt, and then Randy Orton.

2. AJ vs Shane was a big match, and Shane Wrestling is looked at as a big thing regardless of how some fans felt about it. It wasn't the ideal match for him, but he got to be in a big feud with a top authority figure. Not to mention Shane picked AJ.

3. He's now in US title feud with Owens, yes.

So, no AJ's push isn't over, because he's already at the top on Smackdown. This feud is just something for him to do until they probably free things up for AJ vs Orton at Slam. Don't count much on the Corbin push. He'll probably get his shot in July, and that'll be it.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Nah. He,s going to be one of the top guys on smackdown along Cena,Orton and Nakamura for the next year

·
Banned
531 Posts
He's in a match for the US title tomorrow (yes the US and IC titles actually mean something now a days) how exactly is his push over?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,419 Posts
Well he won the WWE Championship and is a main eventer so it's not like he can get pushed any further than that. I think the correct phrase is that he has cooled down a bit. But really I think Styles is perfectly fine right now. He's still a focal point of Smackdown and has a great position where he can go between the main event scene and mid-card. It also seems like WWE is focused on pushing Jinder Mahal now so that's also something to take into consideration.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
It never began. He lost his first feud to Chris Jericho, a career main event jobber. he's just so damn good he will continue getting the best cheers and pops from the crowd.

Reactions: Jay Valero

·
Great One?..
10,833 Posts
It never began. He lost his first feud to Chris Jericho, a career main event jobber. he's just so damn good he will continue getting the best cheers and pops from the crowd.
LOL you're the only one who still remembers that shit, AJ has accomplished so much since.

AJ is a solid Upper Mid Carder/Maineventer and it will remain that way, pretty much equivalent to Benoit/Angle back in the day, he ain't going no where.

·
Registered
122 Posts
He elevate the US Title right now, then he get another run with Orton for the WWE title in the near future.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
I'm more concerned about how much of a geek Baron Corbin is made out to be even though he's supposedly the brand's top heel.

·
10,896 Posts
A push is being presented as a big deal and that is exactly how his being presented. Just cause his not main eventing everything doesn't mean management does not like him, he made vinces son look like a star. His beaten John Cena more often than not. His very clearly got vinces respect after all that. And that is worth more than a belt

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Nah, he'll be back in the main event scene soon enough, WWEs just doing their bi-annual "Hey Guys Remember Randy Orion's A Big Deal?!" Tour.

Styles will be Smackdown champ in a few months, to carry the show till Mania season, at which point they'll give the title to someone less talented...

:deanfpalm

·
Registered
210 Posts
AJ will hold the US for a while to decorate his WWE credentials then its back to where he belongs, the main event as WWE champ!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts