Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've been one to be very critical of AJ, but I've got to give props where they're due. That was easily his best promo ever. His mic skills have come along way, he's nothing great, but he is good. Got to give it up to him. Great job tonight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i agree, especially when he said hogan and bischoff were bringing in wrestler that arent suppose to be wrestling anymore. I smirked like a proud aj styles fan :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agreed. I was shocked that promo came from him. I'm interested to see how things shake out with Anderson since AJ seems to be the leader of this group. Angle also. Way too much power on the Fortune side and a very very weak Immortal stable. Something has to switch up.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That promo solidifies AJ. He was already the shit, but that promo was the icing on the cake. See what you can accomplish when you give the spotlight to your homegrown talent, Dixie?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
When a promo sounds good, that means it comes from the heart. I bet AJ really thinks that way.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
That promo solidifies AJ. He was already the shit, but that promo was the icing on the cake. See what you can accomplish when you give the spotlight to your homegrown talent, Dixie?
I think AJ can still thank Flair, Russo amd Bischoff. They did a really good job at building is character in 2010 and it paid off tonight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
did anyone even notice AJ's face when him and bischoff went at it, I absolutley felt Aj. Was speaking from his heart , you can see his face and how genuinely pissed he was when mentioning bischofg and hogan spending money and bringing in guys who arent supposed to wrestle

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
AJ's improvement started when he began working with Christian a lot. He'll never be great, but he's leaps and bounds better on the mic than what he used to be. Good work tonight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought AJ was alright; I've seen a lot better from him. Some of the things he had to say were cool, but he seemed a bit hesitant like when he kept waiting for Bischoff to stop talking. He should've interupted Bischoff in anger. Also, he needs to not be so clever with his threats, like with the whole shoelace thing; a guy like him sounds better just saying "I'm gonna kick your ass."

Here's probably the best I've seen AJ talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbh0Ziq4M4

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He backtracked a little though when he first started with Flair. He kept trying to imitate and wasn't grasping what they wanted to accomplish by pairing the two together. Now it has really shown that pairing him with Ric was the right choice.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,267 Posts
I thought he did a good job with it. A few of lines he tried to deliver sounded weird but all the pent up anger and frustration came across which is certainly the most important thing. I understood why he turned on Immortal and I thought it made sense. No complaints with that.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
aj's promo was one of the best i've seen, props to him he deserves tons of credit cuz he made me care about the storyline, seriously, for the first time in months i saw impact ending with a feeling of satisfaction

·
WF Veteran
975 Posts
AJ Promos have been great major improvement
Tonight was his best yet i actually felt for AJ and its true it felt like he was speaking from the heart

·
Registered
487 Posts
AJ has really benefited from being paired with the Nature Boy early on. Even though he faded into the background of Hogan and Bischoff's stale and generic heel army, he had learned alot from the top guys in the business.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
great job by AJ tonight, he used to be terrible on the mic but he has improved greatly, I hope they let AJ continue being the leader and its hard to imagine but he is only getting better and better.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope they keep on building AJ StYles bc hes The REAL MR. TNA and he probally will be getting The World Title back before the year is Over...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here's probably the best I've seen AJ talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbh0Ziq4M4
Lol Oh bro man that brings back memories. That promo was completely horrible. It came off as a comedy, lol my comment is still on that page "lmao". Very funny promo.

Anyway, I too was completely stunned by AJ's talking. It's been a minute since we got to see AJ cut a promo, I expected something horrible but was pleasantly surprised. I hope that he will be able to continue cutting promos like these because he captured emotion. It also came off as genuine and polished.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts