Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I the his promo last night was freaking awesome. I like it when he was talking tna is aj and this is the house that aj built. only if dixie didnt cut him down.
What do you people think?

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
This may seem ridiculous but I can't take any AJ promo seriously with that accent, he sounds like an extra from Deliverance.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
This may seem ridiculous but I can't take any AJ promo seriously with that accent, he sounds like an extra from Deliverance.
Its not ridiculous, Its tough to pull off in any area of entertainment, and the accent definitely hurts him, especially when he comes out in suits now and is trying to project an aura of prestige. There is a reason why people in broadcasting spend years training to lose their accents, as well as people in hollywood. And a lot of businesspeople in general actually, where you have to present things intelligently on a regular basis. I know a lot of people who when they are around their family and freinds, sound like a different person. you just sound like a dope if you have a real thick accent like that. the texas accent is a little easier to suppress, but that georgia bumpkin accent is rough. The real heavy boston accent is a bad one too, you'll notice cena has basically eliminated all traces of that from his speech.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah he's improved a lot as a talker, and doing well as a heel ( not anybody is good being face and heel on their career), i hope one they Samoa Joe returns to have a feud with AJ and somebody else maybe Desmond Wolfe on the near future.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I liked what he was saying, but I would've liked it a ton more if he'd been able to cut it as the fiery babyface heavyweight champ, rather than a third wheel in a heel group with a trinket belt.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
AJ Styles is the complete package right now, this is the type of wrestler you can build TNA around. He's always been a great wrestler but his work on the mic has just been golden lately. I almost thought of seeing Styles as Ric Flair from the 1980s, when Flair'd come out in his designer suits and talk about being the greatest.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just like the fact he looks like Tully Blanchard when he comes out in the shades and that suit. But yeah he has improved a great deal on the mic, and in no small part thanks to Flair I would imagine.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,453 Posts
He was awesome, Flair was awesome, hell Fourtune as a whole is just pretty much awesome. I'm hoping they're gonna let Morgan, Doug, and Beer Money get some mic time in too cause they can all work the stick. (Kaz not so much)

"Go survive a plane crash then tell me your hardcore", Flair is epic.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Double J built TNA.
No one was tuning in to see JJ. No one.

It was one of his best promos and the reason is because he believes every word that came out of his mouth--and I don't mean that egotistically speaking, I refer to it that I truly believe a lot of these guys who have been with TNA from the beginning are sick of TNA always signing WWE, WCW, and ECW has-beens and pushing them over TNA talent, thereby taking the legs out from under TNA. Look no further than the TNA title tourney: the four winner were all in WWE.

What sucks is EV2.0 is eventually going to go over and TNA will once again make THEIR own wrestlers seem second rate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts