Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say AJ Styles had accomplished all of his NJPW accolades and had his widely talked about suprise Rumble debut in 2014, then what would have been in store for him at Wrestlemania 30? (both preferable and realistic options).

For me, preferable would have been to beat John Cena while Bray led the Family into Shield vs Wyatts 2.

Realistic, probs getting eliminated last in Andre Battle Royal or something.

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
Re: AJ Styles position at Wrestlemania 30 if he debuted at Royal Rumble 2014?

TBH I really don't see a place for him during that WM

Reactions: MrJamesJepsan

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

Beat the boy scout John Cena in his Wrestlemania debut, lol good luck with that. Realistically he wrestles Triple H...and knowing WWE, Triple H would've went over :trips2

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

The top of that card once WWE finally acknowledged they needed to make it Bryan's year (rightfully so of course) was white hot and the supplementing pieces were pretty damn hot itself considering Bray Wyatt at that specific time had alot of crowd momentum so IDT he budges off Cena particularly coming off beating Bryan clean and while Taker/Lesnar outside of the first contract segment was ice cold: it was understood at the time that the match was going to be a classic (early on Taker got concussed to dream street so that didn't materialize in quality but rather result but I digress) and plenty of promotion went into the Andre Battle Royal that year.

The Shield/Outlaws and Kane match seemed quite oddly thrown together since Shield were hot too and still on their remarkable weekly consistency good match run while the Outlaws were stale and worked the Usos for months prior to that. so I would not be least surprised if AJ, Gallows and Anderson came in and worked an angle with the Shield off what you just described. probably the match with the least going in IIRC. Maaaaybe AJ wins the Andre memorial but Cesaro was quite over in the RA at that time in his own right and they were telling the Swaggs/Cesaro split story.

Edit: Important to note though I think AJ has come in on the perfect time and the Rumble/ somewhat low-keymonths with Jericho was a very solid assimilation route to go and now, AJ is arguably the best all around performer in the E today.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

Triple H was originally supposed to face CM Punk at Wrestlemania 30, so I guess AJ could've taken Punk's place and wrestled Triple H at WM instead.

AJ vs. Batista could've been a good option too. Batista and AJ talked shit about each other back in 2005, WWE could've acknowledged their beef and put them in a feud together.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts

I don't know.

I know I would have loved to see AJ Styles Vs Daniel Bryan at WM 30 though.

But I'm guessing he'd probably be one of the final few in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

I'm not very into wrestling these days as i haven't followed much past few months outside of reading reports of results, so i'm not necessarily a big AJ fan as i don't know him that well yet.

But - as an outside casual viewer if you would - I get the feeling AJ would not have had NEARLY the success he's had if he debuted in 2014 - *BEFORE* Daniel Bryan made it huge at WM30 and in the build, vs after.

Is it wrong to say that without Daniel Bryan's explosive rise, and also without Daniel Bryan being forced to retire - AJ wouldn't have had the success he's had? I think he filled a void for a lot of people after Bryan left.

So in 2014 he'd have been in the midcard, and likely stayed there for a long time. At that specific WM - he's either in the battle royal, or maybe thrown into the tag team match with someone - or possibly given a very low undercard single's match, possibly on pre-show.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts

I'm not very into wrestling these days as i haven't followed much past few months outside of reading reports of results, so i'm not necessarily a big AJ fan as i don't know him that well yet.

But - as an outside casual viewer if you would - I get the feeling AJ would not have had NEARLY the success he's had if he debuted in 2014 - *BEFORE* Daniel Bryan made it huge at WM30 and in the build, vs after.

Is it wrong to say that without Daniel Bryan's explosive rise, and also without Daniel Bryan being forced to retire - AJ wouldn't have had the success he's had? I think he filled a void for a lot of people after Bryan left.

So in 2014 he'd have been in the midcard, and likely stayed there for a long time. At that specific WM - he's either in the battle royal, or maybe thrown into the tag team match with someone - or possibly given a very low undercard single's match, possibly on pre-show.
I think that it was a combination of DB and CM Punk getting really over with the audience, to the extent that WWE's hand was essentially forced, combined with both of them ending their in-ring careers early (DB because of injury, Punk because of a falling out with Vince and co). So AJ is the next in that line I think.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Not so good Styles was losing too much in his last year of TNA, Japan was the rebuild back his credibility years..

Samoa Joe can now really debut in the main roster because him too was losing like crazy from summer 09 to his last day in TNA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts