Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week on PWI Weekly, AJ STYLES stops by to talk about all things TNA Wrestling. Find out what Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s top ranked wrestler in the world (PWI 500) thinks about TNA and what it needs to do to beat WWE, who he wants to see join the company, and what he thinks about Ric Flair, Dixie Carter, Batista, Michelle McCool, and Christian. Check it out on www.thebradyhicks.com.

On Losing the Title to RVD
I definitely didn’t understand it. For the life of me, I couldn’t understand it. I was very surprised that I would lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who has basically been out of wrestling for over a year, and was coming in from WWE. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that. It was like I’m not the star I thought I was. I guess I’m just a guy in TNA.

On the Changes TNA has Made
I think there are mistakes that have been done. Things where you have to look at it and realize you have to take a step back. There were some people brought in that I don’t know that we needed, but there are other guys I think deserved a shot.

On Being the Face of TNA
I don’t know. People tell me that I’m the face, but sometimes I don’t feel like that. Don’t get me wrong. My peers definitely treat me with respect. I guess sometimes I wish that the higher-ups would come to me sometimes and ask, “Hey AJ, what do you think about this?”

On Being Different
I don’t want to be like anyone else. I want to be AJ Styles. I want people to look at me, and have me be separated from everybody else.

On his Favorite Feuds
Christopher Daniels, Joe, and myself had some great interactions. Kurt and myself, that was a great little program we worked. And even Abyss, we had some incredible matches. The list goes on. It actually seems like working with everybody in TNA has been a favorite.

All that, plus what could have been had AJ accepted a WWE developmental deal in 2002, who he would “steal” from the WWE roster, and if TNA will do ECW some justice. A must-listen for any TNA fan … or wrestling fan in general! And while you’re at www.thebradyhicks.com, be sure to check out archived interviews with Nick “U-Gene” Dinsmore, Madison Rayne, Justin Credible, and Austin Aries, among dozens of others. Thanks for the support!

Source:www.gerweck.net

·
Registered
932 Posts
good to see him speaking openly.

Thought losing to RVD was strange, liked feuding with Joe, Daniels and Angle.

Almost sounds like something members on this board would say but we're just stupid smarks who don't understand the wrestling business.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I agreed with everything AJ said more so the bit about RVD.
I get the impression that quite a few people are not happy in TNA at the mo.
AJ being one, Joe being another.
I also get the impression that RVD and AJ do not really like each other.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder that after AJ's contract expires and he is offered a contract by WWE, he might consider taking it ??

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I wonder that after AJ's contract expires and he is offered a contract by WWE, he might consider taking it ??
If he is hoping for that, he dun goofed by getting AJ tattood on massive lettering on the side of his body. Unless he wrestles in a shirt.

There is no way he'd wrestle under AJ Styles in the E. I don't think that's gonna happen anyway, but just saying.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Quite candid by AJ; a bit surprising, but credit to him.

When he lost the title to RVD, there was a report (can't remember from which site) saying he's had a bit of a rant and was very unhappy about it backstage. Opinion was split between those that said it sounded believable, and those that said it was dirt sheet rubbish and AJ was happy.

Getting the record straight, from the horse's mouth so to speak, is appreciated.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he is hoping for that, he dun goofed by getting AJ tattood on massive lettering on the side of his body. Unless he wrestles in a shirt.

There is no way he'd wrestle under AJ Styles in the E. I don't think that's gonna happen anyway, but just saying.
I liked the tattoo - I know I am one of the few that did lol

You never know maybe in a year or two, we might see him wrestling in WWE

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quite candid by AJ; a bit surprising, but credit to him.

When he lost the title to RVD, there was a report (can't remember from which site) saying he's had a bit of a rant and was very unhappy about it backstage. Opinion was split between those that said it sounded believable, and those that said it was dirt sheet rubbish and AJ was happy.

Getting the record straight, from the horse's mouth so to speak, is appreciated.
Yeah I read that report too, I think it was from ................., he was very upset about having to drop the title for a match that had no build and that RVD didn't lift his leg because when a face beats a heel it is something you do or something like that.

Like I said earlier I think there are a number of people unhappy in tna

·
Registered
260 Posts
i understand that he's upset. putting the belt on rvd was another step back for tna imo.
i always saw rvd in the sid category: very over with live-crowds but not a draw. meaning people are happy to see them as part of a show but won't buy the ticket or tune in because of them.
his tna stint proves that.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
how did Styles not understand it? i'm not a huge fan of the guy but he's not an idiot, he should have been able to understand it.

it was pure business. they thought RVD = ratings. TNA wanted to put some backing behind him, as he was a legitimate WWE star, and he was a big name, and he was very, very over and very popular. he shouldn't have been surprised by losing it to RVD, he SHOULD have been surprised by how they booked it. the way they booked his title loss was ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I really respect AJ and despite what tattoo he gets (lol) or what Taz tells mee each week, he'll always be Mr. TNA

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how did Styles not understand it? i'm not a huge fan of the guy but he's not an idiot, he should have been able to understand it.

it was pure business. they thought RVD = ratings. TNA wanted to put some backing behind him, as he was a legitimate WWE star, and he was a big name, and he was very, very over and very popular. he shouldn't have been surprised by losing it to RVD, he SHOULD have been surprised by how they booked it. the way they booked his title loss was ridiculous.

I can understand why he would be upset, the way he lost the title was not booked at all well. I understand that they needed ratings and they thought as you said RVD = ratings - well they got that wrong!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
On the Changes TNA has Made
I think there are mistakes that have been done. Things where you have to look at it and realize you have to take a step back. There were some people brought in that I don’t know that we needed, but there are other guys I think deserved a shot.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Taz (and maybe Tenay) always call RVD by the name Mr. TNA despite the fact that he's been there less than a year and done nothing to deserve it

1 - 20 of 101 Posts