·
Registered
338 Posts
Styles record at Mania is 100% since the first where he lost to Jericho

33 beat Shane McMahon clean
34 beat Nakamura clean (rumble winner)
35 best Randy Orton clean
I'm expecting an AJ win and then a title feud with McIntyre

Bryan didn't open the main event door for smaller wrestlers.
Lol for REAL! He listed CM Punk before that (who's just as small as Bryan). I hope he meant to say Bryan's teacher...

·
Baby Yoda
29,553 Posts
This would be beneficial for Styles who's on his last legs as a full time performer, Taker going over means nothing and AJ can't afford to take a hit losing to him at WM.
This feud has been completely one sided and there's only 2 weeks to go.

Taker is really going to bitch out AJ for the majority of this feud and take 2 wins + screwing him against Black.

Then they wonder why no one watches and gets interested for their feuds when the heels outside Brock are such losers and any real threat.

·
Registered
808 Posts
At this point it's just younger-than-Taker guys wanting their dream matches with him, even if they have to settle for him squashing the shit out of them.
Actually, Styles was on a short list of guys that Taker wanted to work with before he hangs them up for good. AJ (or anyone for that matter) doesn't just get to say they will work with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Win, lose or draw, working with Undertaker even now is one of the highest honors in the business.

He seems to be strictly midcard now and loses way too often. It's amazing how quickly they made a win over AJ not mean anything anymore. To think that people in here thought that AJ's final years would have him protected like late-HBK was.
He is not getting HBK level treatment because he is not a WWE lifer...he was almost 40 when he arrived. HOWEVER, for a guy that came in so late in his career, he has obviously earned the respect of the WWE Brass and Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself.

You have to be a special talent to be able to get a Main Event Programs right out of the gate with Reigns and Cena, a full calendar year title reign, a match with Lesnar and now a match at Wrestlemania with the Undertaker....where he is calling Taker by his real name in the build up!

People can say what they wish, but AJ has been treated good and FAR better than anyone could have expected coming in from Japan and the Indies and lower level promotions!

·
Baby Yoda
29,553 Posts
AJ has yet to stand tall this feud.

He will probably do so on the go home show because of how they book, if not AJ will be completely buried by maternity pants at WM.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yeah, of course AJ should win, especially considering how bad they've made him look during this build. Undertaker, legend/attraction or not should be putting guys over.

Do I think Styles will win or it will even be a good match?? No. As great as he is, I don't think even Styles can carry Taker to a good match. I was always a huge Taker fan but I haven't enjoyed him the last couple of years, he can put guys over, make them look strong, but he doesn't and no, that's not just on management. I hope AJ Styles wins but I have zero faith that he will.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
If he loses then my problem will have been with the build up more so than the end result. Taker has already pinned AJ, laid him out and verbally buried him since the rivalry began. AJ was relatively fresh in that gauntlet match too. If he had been in there from the start and fought his way through everyone else it would've made more sense but as it stands AJ has been portrayed nowhere near Taker's level and the match result will likely magnify that even more, especially if it ends up being a squash.

I don't think I have it in me to get passionate about AJ's bad booking anymore. I'll still complain but I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that he isn't booked like a top star and you can argue that he hasn't given us the performances lately to warrant it either. He's nearing 43 and is facing Taker at Wrestlemania. If nothing else I'll take away that it's an impressive feather in AJ's cap on paper. Cena was jobbed out like a geek to Taker too. As sad as it is seeing Taker in his current state, he's still booked with the same level of respect as he was in his prime. 2016 was a long time ago. It was a magical year for AJ that I took for granted. He'll probably never capture that magic in the bottle again and that's okay. He's had an amazing career.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
There is no good reason for Taker to win this. That being said, this is WWE, so Taker will probably squash him in 2 min.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts