Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is talking about the Ruthless Agression era now, but people tend to forget that AJ Styles was the absolute best in TNA which at the time was the second biggest federation. I remember during that time as I finished watching Triple H, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Batista i would switch to TNA to watch AJ Styles being their top star and having five star matches.

So at this point, AJ Styles is at a legendary level for me while still being an active superstar. Undertaker will gain nothing from beating him and i believe that Styles deserves this win, because he is a veteran who is already a legend, he is still top notch in the ring, he is extremely good on the microphone and he was active long before the Ruthless Agression started and he can STILL GO.

·
Registered
455 Posts
At this point it's just younger-than-Taker guys wanting their dream matches with him, even if they have to settle for him squashing the shit out of them.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
He seems to be strictly midcard now and loses way too often. It's amazing how quickly they made a win over AJ not mean anything anymore. To think that people in here thought that AJ's final years would have him protected like late-HBK was.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,970 Posts
AJ was a pioneer in TNA's Glory days no argument here as he's also the reason I watched some of that product back then.

At this stage he's definitely future HOF material and is on his last legs as a full time talent in the company, A win over Undertaker simply gives AJ bragging rights it won't elevate his place on the card when Brock already soaked up the glory of beating him at WM and ending his illustrious streak so Taker does indeed gain nothing but to an extent so does AJ besides simply saying he defeated a broken down legend at the grandest stage of them all.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
As a guy who has hardly two to three years left before he would retire, the Undertaker match is essentially Vince's way of rewarding him and also ensuring the Undertaker match is not a disaster.. That said, no way is AJ getting the win here, he is not Vince's golden child to get a win over the Undertaker at Wrestlemania..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anything but AJ winning is a mistake.

Undertaker is gone after Wrestlemania, WWE desperately needs stars or else they are going to be doing abysmal ratings come May. Everyone thinks Edge is beating Orton, Undertaker beating Styles would kill the top two heels on RAW, but this is WWE, and that's probably exactly what they'll do.

They already made AJ look like a giant dork, his promo made no sense, what does it say about AJ if this "Old, broken down man" beat him in 5 seconds?

·
Registered
132 Posts
AJ Styles is not winning and you should come to terms with it. Taker is an attraction, every time he shows up it's a big deal, if he loses to someone half his size then he won't be a special attraction anymore because his credibility will be damaged. I'm sorry but Taker can't lose to someone like AJ.

Facing Taker at Wrestlemania will be AJ's biggest match of his career, so I'm sure he's happy with it and feels honored. A loss against Taker won't hurt AJ Styles, only special guys can beat Taker and AJ Styles isn't one of them.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
They keep parading this broken down shell of a man and they probably will until he dies in the ring because Vince can't stop relying on old-timers and Taker won't say no.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
AJ Styles is not winning and you should come to terms with it. Taker is an attraction, every time he shows up it's a big deal, if he loses to someone half his size then he won't be a special attraction anymore because his credibility will be damaged. I'm sorry but Taker can't lose to someone like AJ.

Facing Taker at Wrestlemania will be AJ's biggest match of his career, so I'm sure he's happy with it and feel honored. A lose against Taker won't hurt AJ Styles, only special guys can beat Taker and AJ Styles isn't one of them.
Facing Cena at SummerSlam 2016 was AJ's biggest match. This is clearly seen by the viewing audience as yet another guy being fed to the Taker. This is as unimportant for AJ as Punk jobbing to Taker at Mania was (which few people talk about nowadays).

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Everyone is talking about the Ruthless Agression era now, but people tend to forget that AJ Styles was the absolute best in TNA which at the time was the second biggest federation. I remember during that time as I finished watching Triple H, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Batista i would switch to TNA to watch AJ Styles being their top star and having five star matches.

So at this point, AJ Styles is at a legendary level for me while still being an active superstar. Undertaker will gain nothing from beating him and i believe that Styles deserves this win, because he is a veteran who is already a legend, he is still top notch in the ring, he is extremely good on the microphone and he was active long before the Ruthless Agression started and he can STILL GO.
1- Why do you think WWE care about how big he was in TNA? Why do you think most WWE fans who never ever bothered watching TNA care about how big he was there?

2- Well,that's a personal opinion, and I can appreciate how you made it clear.

I for one think Undertaker shouldn't lose at Wrestlemania ever again and that losing would undermine the Undertaker more than how much it would benefit Styles, considering how important WM is for Undertaker. After two Wrestlemania loses, losing to Triple H and then Triple H and Michaels, I don't think beating Taker has that meaning. And, as a heel, I think AJ Styles will be able to absorb a loss and be unaffected by it. People overreact to these things. Triple H used to lose at Wrestlemania most years and he still was one of the most consistent main eventers in the company. Losing won't ruin Styles or anything.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,062 Posts
AJ Styles is a legend on the indy scene, he’s a mid carder in the grand scheme of WWE. His high point was his run against Cena, Reigns and Ambrose.

Zero chance he beats Taker at Mania.

·
\m/
23,701 Posts
I don't see Styles going over at Mania unfortunately. They have completely botched the setup and build for this feud already.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Totally agree. Only watched RAW (for HBK) & IMPACT (for AJ) most of those years. Had no reason to watch Smackdown (but then again friday nights arent for wrestling when you're in college lol)

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,062 Posts
How is 2016 his high point? WWE Champ for a ful year in 2018 was nothing??
Yeah, marquee matches with Cena, Reigns & Ambrose culminating in his first WWE Championship was a much higher point than feuding with Jinder Mahal, a completely disappointing feud with Nakamura and losing the title cause Daniel Bryan kicked him in the balls. His 2018 title reign was shit.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts