Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It is 100% WWE's fault for misusing AJ Styles and the Club. How can you have him lose his first Wrestlemania match against Jericho. A guy who fucking lost to FANDANGO in his last Wrestlemania match.

AJ Styles is a A-Class talent and every blame goes to WWE for mismanaging his tenure.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
WWE has come close on two occasions that I can recall: the Kane/Lita pregnancy angle, and the Bryan/Bryan's trainer affair angle.
I forgot the latter. Not quite as abysmal as Claire Lynch (who takes their top star and makes them Katie Vick?) but yeah, that was fairly horrendous.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Yeah well, I realized that its the beginning of the end for AJ last week. Now I dont even care.

I laughed at Cena saying "You are a bust here in the WWE" and "You cant beat Reigns and you dream about beating ME? LOL at you NOOB!". TBF AJ response was equally hilarious about Cena burying guys like him.

So I am just enjoying this feud for what it is. This is how WWE operates. AJ decided to come here because the money was good. He is still getting paid and Vince is happy about him making his dummies look strong for a good pay. Exactly like Sting. If they dont give a fuck... who am I to complain.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
At best it will go 2-1 for Cena, and the 1 will be a pussy-ass dirty win. Shouldn't be strange for a chickenshit heel, except for the fact that AJ has no business being one.

It's sad, really. Being IWGP Heavyweight Champion is probably the biggest accomplishment in wrestling outside of the WWE Heavyweight Championship when it comes to Titles, so it would be a no-brainer that the chance for a big name like Styles to go in and possibly reach that as well sould be warmly welcomed.

Thing is, that idea loses all its prestige when you see that not only is he not treated as the big deal he should be (and announcers saying "oh he's a big deal" but then the reality is he's not booked as one), but even if he does become World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown, or whatever the fuck their idea is with this brand split is, it will still feel second rate because everyone is second rate compared to Reigns and Cena, and they can't be presented as real challenges.

I'd love for the guys I like and I think deserve to really, actually be able to become big stars in the WWE, but in this current format it's impossible. There's Cena and Reigns and no-one else seems like they are able to maintain some sort of quasi-permanent upper-midcard/main-event status, even if sometimes they are not in that position, because they all feel interchangeable and everyone wins and loses to everyone else in lukewarm feuds with no interesting stories behind them.

They should've been taking the thousands of opportunities they had a few years ago to build up guys that could've managed to attain that status, so they could have had a strong midcard that could rotate more easily with the main event and it would feel believable, but they passed up tons of those chances and now we're stuck with this.

Sucks :shrug

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Gallows and Anderson actually appear more of a threat than Styles these days, it's embarrassing :lmao

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
If WWE ran a Claire Lynch angle half of this site would kill themselves. AJ Styles right now in WWE is exponentially better than AJ Styles in TNA for all the years close to when he left. AJ wasn't booked well since his incredible title win in TNA.
A) WWE has done far worse angles than Claire Lynch.

B) Outside of that angle, AJ Styles was booked pretty fucking well during his last 2 or so years in TNA. He was main eventing PPVs, winning World Titles, and during his last few months, he was the focus of the show.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It´s not even about Styles. He´s just another name to be screwed by stupid booking.

How difficult is it to book this Raw Main Event.

Styles takes out Woods on the floor. Brutal visual. Excellent start.

Now it´s a 3 on 2 handicap match and the tag champs are protected. Good.

The Club isolates Kofi and just gives him a brutal tag team clinic beatdown with quick tags. Showing off their cohesiveness and smarts.

Gallows/Anderson hit their finisher. Styles puts Kofi in the calf crusher. Absolutely kills it. Ref calls for the bell. Kofi protected further, didn´t quit.

Anderson gets on the mic. Good luck finding a healthy partner for the PPV Big B*tch. You are next. New Day funny no more. Character change. All business now.

At the PPV New Day and The Club get into it so bad, they both get counted out, while Enzo&Cass win the tag belts. They continue their feud, while Enzo&Cass use the belts to establih themselves. How diffficult is that really?
Good start, but I don't think you can win a triple threat for fatal four-way off a count-out.

·
Registered
20,848 Posts
One thing to note which just obviously means Cena's going over at the end of this feud along with the fact that he's the company's "face WHICH I might add does not even makes sense cus even he himself admitted in that promo that half the crowd boos him. If you were a face, you should be getting a reaction like Austin's or The Rock's when they had their face runs. Not getting booed!
Anyway, getting to the point, AJ lost to Y2J, who lost to Cesaro VIA TAPEOUT on RAW. Yep, AJ's def going over in this feud.
MMA Math is a failed concept just because X beat Y and Y beat Z doesn't mean X beats Z

·
Registered
16,246 Posts
I agree his losses make him look weak as fuck, but i see a parallel situation with him and Rollins. Remember Rollins looked weak as fuck too..kept losing and needed the Authority to help him...AJ is pretty much Rollins 2.0...a chicken shit heel...loses a lot and has his backup to help him.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Good start, but I don't think you can win a triple threat for fatal four-way off a count-out.
Aren´t these French mugs in it, too? New Day and The Club get counted out right away, cause their hatred runs deeper than the belts. Then E&C pin the French mugs for the belts. Right away you have two tag team feuds.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hes Leap frog other talent so he can enhance the main eventers (Roman Reigns, and Cena, LULZ) and make them look good. Then once hes milked completely and all the marks seem him as a loser who cant win matches he will fall into irrelevancy.

I don't think a talent like AJ will ever be irrelevant. As long as he stays healthy he will have a place on the card. Will he main event all the time of course not. That's just the WWE formula, you have a top guy, people who make him look good, and the rest of the show. Do I wish it was more of a mixed bag? Of course but it's still geared towards little kids and families so it is what it is.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Long time fan that's going to break down the situation. I see lots of guy's on here saying "AJ Styles is the best, KEEP HIM A FACE AND TURN REIGNS AND CENA HEEL!" This isn't going to happen lol. Essentially the WWE is using NXT, as well as Japan leagues as bad guy factories to churn out competitors for Reigns and Cena. So any time some new guy comes up and feuds with either dude, you should be expecting them to ultimately lose.

Why don't they just put the belt on a guy like Rollins or Styles instead? Because the guy's lack casual appeal. It will sound crazy but many people are interested in wrestling to see two giant power houses facing each other, and the idea of a guy like Styles, who isn't exactly the most imposing presence, isn't going to bring eye balls. Now when I say "eye balls", don't get me wrong a lot of people cheer for him and I personally like the guy a lot, but the type of fans he has are likely going to watch the product anyway. That's how it has always been, and that's why the WWE will toss the "hard core marks" a bone here and there, to keep them hooked, but overall, they are trying to get other types of fans watching the show as well.

Now you may say, "Well Roman doesn't have many casual fans!" that may appear to be the case, ratings have still gone down from what I can see with Reigns as the champ but the WWE network has been steadily increasing subscribers, which would indicate that while Reigns is hated by hardcore marks, most people don't mind him having the belt and are still giving the WWE their money.

I know some will say, "They would be making A LOT more money if they put the belt on a guy like AJ Styles" all one has to do is see how hard TNA has flopped though to show that AJ while popular with people already watching the show, has not had any sort of track record of bringing in new fans (at least not a good one). Ditto goes for the ROH style in general, we see tons of people wanting the show to pretty much just push guy's that were in ROH (and then NXT), yet the reality remains, ROH has never been popular. Many wrestling fans have not even heard of it, not only that, but the ones that have may have never seen one of their shows. If the ROH style was as great and popular as some on here describe - by this point the ROH would be a serious competitor with the WWE. The exact opposite is the truth though.

Theoretically speaking though, let's assume these ROH guy's would bring in a lot of money. It would still be a bad idea to use them because their ring style is not smart when working as main eventers. Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins are too good examples of this. As a main eventer, you want to work a safe style where you don't take too many unnecessary risks, as an injury can screw everything up. With Rollins and Bryan though, we saw they did nothing like this and in the process the product suffered. When you've been in the ring as long as these dudes have, you should be able to work a relatively safe match that can still get the crowd going crazy, it appears these guys have not learned that part of wrestling though yet.

Anyways, don't hate the messenger, I'm merely explaining why the WWE does not push some of the smaller flippy guys to the top spot, since this type of stuff is posted non-stop every day on the site. These guys will still get pushes, it's just not going to be to the level many of you guys here want. So in short, there's no reason to expect AJ Styles or some of the other guys (Rollins, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn) to get pushed above guy's like Cena or Reigns. Cena or Reigns are not going to turn heel and be fed to these guy's because the WWE would likely lose a lot of money. The NXT and NJPW guy's are ultimately enhancement talent, used to keep the top guys looking good and keep them feuding with fresh faces. As long as you keep expecting them to get wacky pushes though, you will ultimately end up getting angry pretty much every Monday Night, as well as on one Sunday a month. The only thing you can feasibly do is stop watching and watch other wrestling shows instead.

FIN

121 - 140 of 191 Posts