Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On being held down: "I think if you ever give me the ball, I'll score. But you have to give it to me. I have to play my part as well, I am a company guy. We all wrestle together, we entertain together and we all make money together."

James Storm: "I can see he is doing what James Storm does best. Guess we will find out where it all leads."

On TNA's Twitter push: "I like to get on there and associate and connect with my fans. See what they want. If they don' like the fact that I wore gloves on the PPV then let me know. I'm trying something new. I see nothing wrong with that, I think it's something new."

On storylines in wrestling: "You have to admire how it is done. It was pretty unique and I haven't seen anything like that before. Storylines need to continue ... Bobby Roode is one of the best champions in a long time. He has it all."

On his match with Ken Anderson against Kazarian and Daniels: "I haven't been this happy about a match in a long time. I think it was outstanding. I think it was one of the better matches of the night. I'm so proud of Ken. We wrestle such a different style than Ken and for Ken to be right there toe to toe with us right along, right on time is super impressive."

On slowing down with age: "We, things hurt a little bit longer than they used to. As long as I can get in there and go to work. I know some guys have said that I've slowed down since I was in the Ring of Honor or whatever other indy I was in. That's just working smarter, psychology. It's about finding the right time to do something and making it special."

On his promo to Jeff Hardy: "I spoke to Jeff about that. To be honest, I was pretty upset over that. I take a lot of pride in this company. I've put my body, my life, my livelihood for this company. But that has been totally squashed and he is kicking major butt right now. He is in great shape and he is in mentally great shape."

On seeing more submission wrestling lately: "Ever so slightly there are some guys throwing in some submissions. I threw a flying arm-bar ever once in a blue moon. I wish I could do that more but it doesn't seem to be the case in some of my matches."

On the new creative team of Bruce Prichard, Dave Lagana and Matt Conway: "Well, Matt Conway, I've been working with him. Lagana, I've actually communicate with him a lot and Bruce as well. I think the fact that we have been able to communicate is a plus. The lack of communication is what screws things up. Without that you can't see their vision for what they want. You end up with two different pictures for the same thing."

On being offered a WWE developmental contract for $500 a week and turning it down: "I could tell you what would have happened. Literally three months later, WWE pulled their developmental. I'm sure they would have just dumped my contract."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0415/551777/aj-styles/

http://allwrestling.com/iwpodcast.aspx

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Always liked AJ Styles. Fantastic athlete, solid wrestler and pretty decent guy overall. The worst thing I could say about him, is his southern drawl/accent hinders him in his promo's a little bit I think.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ehhh i see your point but that really shouldnt make any difference.
A guy having an accent like that is one small thing that can help him stand out instead of sounding like everyone else. If the guy has a southern accent, give him a southern gimmick. Or try to work with it so that its not a flaw in peoples eyes.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
AJ needs another push to the main event scene [him vs storm/rhoode would be epic], and fast.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I like how the first question is about being held down haha.
He is the PWI #1 wrestler in the world.
He just needs a chance to wrestle every week, and a loss for him should be really rare.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I agree about his ring style answer, I read some fan in the other wrestling section say PAC is better than AJ LOL which is exactly the kind of group AJ disagrees with. AJ has never been a better wrestler than now, he truly hit his prime from 2009-currently and is imo the greatest storyteller in wrestling, nobody cares that there's some indy nerds (like Jack Evans or Ricochet) 10 years younger than him that can do more spots.

He is still very athletic but he actually uses his athleticism perfectly, every single highflying move of his gets huge pops. It feels totally different seeing him perform a highflying move compared to any other wrestler, he has that "special" aura and matchflow nobody else has, not to mention it's actually fun to see a smaller guy throw around bigger guys, I loved seeing him overpower Bully Ray for example on Lockdown. His ring style is just as distinct as Ric Flairs or Shawn Micheals nowadays, a true "showstopper" and maineventer in every sense of the word, not some random overpushed guy where you're lucky if he gets above a *** rating but someone who understand the wrestling business and the in-ring psychology needed to entertain the fans.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
AJ truly is phenomenal. For me AJ and Bryan are the two best wrestlers in the world. I only watch WWE and TNA so can only say what I see. He has really improved and has gotten so much better in the ring over the last few years, it is just remarkable.

No doubt that he is in calibre of wrestlers like Flair, Michaels, and Bret Hart. Thats how great he is, he has great in ring pyhsocloy and is without a doubt one of the best storytellers in the business today. Its criminal the way he is being used and the blame falls on Hogan and Bischoff, those guys dont know what wrestling is, all they care about is pushing guys who dont deserve it like Garett, Anderson and Hardy.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
AJ truly is phenomenal. For me AJ and Bryan are the two best wrestlers in the world. I only watch WWE and TNA so can only say what I see. He has really improved and has gotten so much better in the ring over the last few years, it is just remarkable.

No doubt that he is in calibre of wrestlers like Flair, Michaels, and Bret Hart. Thats how great he is, he has great in ring pyhsocloy and is without a doubt one of the best storytellers in the business today. Its criminal the way he is being used and the blame falls on Hogan and Bischoff, those guys dont know what wrestling is, all they care about is pushing guys who dont deserve it like Garett, Anderson and Hardy.
Agree with the bolded part, both GOAT material. On one hand you have the best technical wrestler in the business, great match flow with perfect pacing of each move, not only grappling but even perfect striking, can do a lot of submissions without forgetting why he does them, hurting bodyparts for a whole match, not to mention showing a lot of intensity and emotion while still doing more than enough flashy stuff to keep viewers interested at all times. Anytime he gets over 20 minutes is a MOTYC.

On the other hand you have the best allrounder there is, a perfect athlete who can do 540 splashes and suplex guys over 50 lbs heavier than him with ease that can change his incredibly huge moveset depending on his mood for what he thinks is the right moveset for each specific match with perfect facial expressions, great psychology, deep storytelling that progresses feuds more than 99% of promos and even great brawling style with good looking punches.

D Bryan got a decent match out of Khali and AJ got a decent match out of Rob Terry when he was totally green. If WWE and TNA ever cooperate and make an AJ vs D Bryan match, I'm going to pay for the PPV no matter what the rest of the card is. Truly the best two wrestlers there are right now imo.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Why is wrestling inc getting link credit for what All Wrestling (Formerly Impact Wrestling) did?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Agree with the bolded part, both GOAT material. On one hand you have the best technical wrestler in the business, great match flow with perfect pacing of each move, not only grappling but even perfect striking, can do a lot of submissions without forgetting why he does them, hurting bodyparts for a whole match, not to mention showing a lot of intensity and emotion while still doing more than enough flashy stuff to keep viewers interested at all times. Anytime he gets over 20 minutes is a MOTYC.

On the other hand you have the best allrounder there is, a perfect athlete who can do 540 splashes and suplex guys over 50 lbs heavier than him with ease that can change his incredibly huge moveset depending on his mood for what he thinks is the right moveset for each specific match with perfect facial expressions, great psychology, deep storytelling that progresses feuds more than 99% of promos and even great brawling style with good looking punches.

D Bryan got a decent match out of Khali and AJ got a decent match out of Rob Terry when he was totally green. If WWE and TNA ever cooperate and make an AJ vs D Bryan match, I'm going to pay for the PPV no matter what the rest of the card is. Truly the best two wrestlers there are right now imo.
100% agree with you mate. I believe if AJ/Bryan happened not oly would it be MOTY but it would go down as one of the greatest matches of all time.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually, 404 (tnainsider's admin) recapped the interview and wrestlinginc basicly stole it
A lot of news sites do this. I don't think it's considering stealing.

Anyway, new interview with AJ.

On TNA's youth movement, as it stands: "They're … WE are definitely in a better place. If we're making new stars, that's what we need to do. We gotta build that foundation, and it starts by making new stars. You can't rely on Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy and guys like that who have been around for awhile …. or even AJ Styles for that matter. You have to continue to build new stars to rely on and to keep it fresh."

On the development of Bobby Roode and James Storm: "I gotta tell you, when those two broke up as a tag team I thought, 'Oh man, that's the worst thing that could ever happen to tag team wrestling.' Literally these guys were the best in the world as a tag team … It's crazy what has happened with them over time. I can't say that I don't want to see this match happen because I do."

On Being in the locker room with guys like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sting and Kurt Angle: "It's a great thing to have around. If you can soak up as much information as they're putting out. You can only get better with those guys around you … These guys have done a lot in this business. If you can soak up some of that information. The sky's the limit."

On his Relationship with Ric Flair: "I soaked up so much information from Ric Flair that I realized he's kind of a douche-bag. Neither Fortune nor myself wanted to be around him any more. Fortune kind of imploded because of it."

On Bobby Roode as champion: "Like it or not, Bobby Roode is the best world heavyweight champion RIGHT NOW. The guy is good. You can't deny that fact. He looks good. He wrestles even better than he looks. This guy is unstoppable at this point in his career."

On TNA overtaking WWE: "It's not going to happen overnight. We don't have the money that the other company has. We just have to take it slow … When we move too fast, that's how you destroy a company."
http://thebradyhicks.com/2012/04/in-the-room-with-aj-styles-and-crimson/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts