Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Re: So who was the woman at the end?

A friend of AJ/Dixie. Pretty much a mcguffin, in that her character meant nothing to basic blackmail story.

Daniels made up the affair, he knew they were trying to do a good thing for the girl but he wanted to spin it into something negative.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A friend of AJ/Dixie. Pretty much a mcguffin, in that her character meant nothing to basic blackmail story.

Daniels made up the affair, he knew they were trying to do a good thing for the girl but he wanted to spin it into something negative.
Alright. Well I guess that's how the storyline ends?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

Don't know, Daniels' plan pretty much fell apart so I guess so.

Unless they decide to branch it off into something else.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Are they expecting me to give 2 shits and a half about some drunkin pill addict? Cause honestly I don't. Please end this dumb storyline and let AJ wrestle.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts

I guess she's supposed to be pregnant. Which means we're going to see more of her. Do not want.

This is one storyline TNA would be better off dropping.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts

Oh yeah. WHO IS THE REAL FATHER?!

Just when the company really seems to be making headway with wrestling based things like Open Fight Night, Gut Check, Option C, Bound For Glory tournament they do this cornball, 4th rate, bottom-barrel soap opera horseshit.

TNA was totally fine tonight except for the A.J backstage segment and the conclusion. What sense does that first backstage segment make in light of what we know Dixie and A.J were really doing.

"We're helping a woman stay sober and clean through a pregnancy. The two of us are goddamned heroes."

"I know! But I don't want to tell the world about it and totally exonerate us from all the adultery rumors that are making our lives Hell!"

UHHHH...WUT.

8*D

·
Registered
9,825 Posts

This storyline went to shit fast, I think it would have been better if they kept going with the AJ/Dixie affair.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

TNA was totally fine tonight except for the A.J backstage segment and the conclusion. What sense does that first backstage segment make in light of what we know Dixie and A.J were really doing.

"We're helping a woman stay sober and clean through a pregnancy. The two of us are goddamned heroes."

"I know! But I don't want to tell the world about it and totally exonerate us from all the adultery rumors that are making our lives Hell!"

UHHHH...WUT.

8*D
They didn't want the girl's family to find out that she was an addict on national television.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

This storyline went to shit fast, I think it would have been better if they kept going with the AJ/Dixie affair.
They'd both eventually have to turn heel then, who's gonna cheer for cheating spouses? I don't think they knew where they wanted to go with the story towards the end. I enjoyed the angle up until tonight's reveal.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

the best thing to do from here on out is just to end the storyline and remove dixie from tv . just let aj/daniels /kaz/angle go out there and fucking wrestle and drop this shitty storyline . and dixie needs to stay the fuck off tv bec everything she is involved in turns out awful

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts

They didn't want the girl's family to find out that she was an addict on national television.
So they'd rather have the entire world believe that they are adulterers, to the point where it was this close to making A.J. Styles do a heel turn?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

Probably the worst payoff to a wrestling storyline I've ever seen. Even no resolution would have been better than that.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
What the AJ/Dixie payoff should have been, since it obviously sucked

I think everybody can agree that the ending of Impact was one of the worst payoffs to an angle in recent wrestling history, with terrible acting by that chick. What would have been your payoff to the storyline?

For me there's two routs I would have gone. They should have had AJ and Dixie make out in the ring and reveal they were leaving their respective families to be together. Ultimate heel turn. Would make AJ really interesting, you could give him a world title push as well. Seeing the resentment of the other wrestlers would make for interesting television. Dixie maybe even would have been tolerable as a heel on TV, she definitely isn't as a face.

The only other thing I could think of was that one of them had cancer, say it's Dixie the explanation could be that AJ's brother is a doctor so that's why they were confiding in each other. I much prefer my first idea though.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Re: What the AJ/Dixie payoff should have been, since it obviously sucked

ur 1st idea could have been something tolerable, the 2nd is worse then having a random chick ocme out and complain about having an addiction:rolleyes:

my payoff? there would have been no payoff because i would not have booked that dumbass storyline in the first place.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I have noi idea of why everyone is complaining about this storyline. I'm quite interested where it leads to. And who knows, maybe the woman will become a knockout in the end?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: What the AJ/Dixie payoff should have been, since it obviously sucked

From the beginning of this storyline I've known there was going to be some logical explanation/copout bad ending, did I expect it to be as bad as it was no but expected it nonetheless.

Then they kept dragging the story further and further even to the point where it was making Daniels heel character interesting and even brought Dixie's husband in to make the story even more intriguing that for a split second I thought we were actually going to get a worthwile heel turn in both Dixie and AJ.

But then what do we get the most uninteresting climax in TNA history, but not only was it very uninteresting but it made no sense at all. Seriously, secret phone conversations? Pictures of them holding hands embracing each other and discreet affection shown towards each other all because they were playing hero to some pregnant drug addict that nobody has ever heard or seen??? People are going to get hurt? Families destroyed? Who is she Surges daughter/sister that would explain secret phone calls but what about all the other things?

The only thing they could do to recover this storyline is admit they hired a terrible actor (which is what they did) to try to cover up the affair they were having and turn heel, if not they need to let this horrible story die and not involve Dixie in anything except introducing HOF inductees.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts