Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
– TNA Wrestling’s original creative plans called for AJ Styles to turn babyface to replace the injured Mr. Anderson as Jeff Hardy’s opponent at Turning Point, but they instead went with Matt Morgan.

Some have questioned whether Morgan’s turn will culminate with a finish similar to Kevin Nash lying down for Hulk Hogan during match on a 1999 episode of WCW Monday Nitro, but the belief is that he will be a face going forward.

Source:TNAINSIDER

Personally I would've have preferred AJ to turn face but think he is awesome as a heel :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't think so. AJ will probably turn around Summer. His turn will be bigger than Morgan's little 2 week instant turn. Morgan is just a back-up plan.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Matt Morgan is a pretty decent face, I'll admit that. I was a fan of Morgans build up against Kurt Angle at the 2009 Bound For Glory and so far, his promos have been rather good. With AJ's flashy moves, he can get the fans behind him and IMO his heel work is terrible so turning him would have made at least me happy. Morgan turning face is something I can deal with though. AJ will continue to annoy me with his terrible promos and facial expressions.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
My first reaction was annoyance because I really want Styles to turn face (although I really like his heel stuff right now) - but to be honest, having a TNA Original turning face will need a bigger timeframe more than Morgan's.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Storyline wise, this is a very smart decision on the part of TNA, but match quality wise this is a bummer :(

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I'm pleased that Morgan's face turn is getting him a bigger part on the show. I want AJ to turn face, but it needs to have more build-up.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I think they have made the right decision because whether people realise it or not AJ Styles is TNA's biggest star in reality despite not being their biggest draw, the first person most people think about when they think about TNA is AJ Styles and if he is to turn face then it has to be done right and done over time so that the storyline is good enough for it to have the maximum impact that it should do in TNA.

They need to slowly have AJ Styles and Fortune fall apart so that once AJ Styles turn's face he will be in a good feud against Fortune before going on to be the saviour of TNA against Immortal and possibly the big blow off match with Jeff Hardy court case permitting of course. I don't think even TNA would be stupid enough to just randomly turn AJ Styles face and throw him into a rushed feud with Immortal and Jeff Hardy when he would have to feud with all of Fortune and possibly a match with Ric Flair beforehand.

In some peoples minds a Styles/Hardy is a dream match because Jeff Hardy is now a very big star and AJ Styles is the face of TNA so forget their last match some five or six years ago this would be built up as a very special feud in TNA. One of the things that TNA does do well is build things up over the long term and i wouldn't be surprised if TNA already knows tentatively what they want for the blow off match in the TNA/Immortal feud but that isn't saying that it will be good to watch on a weekly basis over the course of a year.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I dont get why AJ would turn face unless Fourtune turn face as a whole ?

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
TNA don't have enough faith in Styles unless all their high paid wrestlers are unavailable. Hardy and Anderson seems to be staying but Hardy might go to jail and Anderson probably be injured again,so Styles might have a chance making it to the top again.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
I feel like an AJ face turn should be bigger and isn't something that should be rushed in 2 weeks. I don't think they should have done it with Morgan either, but an AJ face turn is going to be a bigger deal & should be treated as such.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
If that's the reason, assuming the article is true then I guess I have to applaud TNA for making one good decision for a change. Morgan works better as a face then heel anyway, and since he's part of the head concussion care movement the sudden turn at least makes a little bit of sense. AJ needs to stay heel for a long time, and needs to turn within at least 4-8 weeks before he goes balls to the walls spotgod "best in the world" face mode.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought Morgan was better as a heel but I like how they pulled off such a quick face turn, many will see this as invalid, but I am marking out for Morgan, a dude I never really liked, already.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts