Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, this show has become absolute shit as many have already mentioned. NO ONE else on this show is worth a damn whatsoever anymore, everyone sucks for one reason or another, the writing is awful, and everything about SDL just reeks "B Show"

It's awful that Styles and Owens are stuck wasting away on this shitfest show (as I said before, they're probably on SD to make Reigns look better on RAW) but they're the only two that matter anymore on Smackdown, they're carrying this show and saving it from a complete disaster. I WAS interested in Bobby Roode but they've already ruined him the exact same way they ruined Seth Rollins, by making him into this little bitch babyface. They've completely destroyed his aura and I've lost all interest in seeing him, thanks Road Dogg!

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Re: AJ Styles and Kevin Owens are literally carrying Smackdown on their own.

Splitting up Styles and Owens was a good idea. At least there are two good segments to watch weekly now. Plus they didn't seem to have great chemistry together anyway.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

They'll probably get infinitely better now that they're apart because they seemed to have little to no chemistry actually working together. Not that the booking helped, but yeah.

Roode still has plenty of time, yeah he's smiling a bit more than he probably should but i'm sure it'll improve when he has a programme to sink his teeth into.

If every episode of SD delivered like Tuesday's did then we'd have a great show on our hands, sadly the quality hasn't been up to that same level for a good while.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

I've been enjoying the show enough on a weekly basis, but I wasn't a big fan of their program together.

I did, however, love that backstage segment with AJ and Tye Dillinger this week. Love when people across different parts of the card interact. Makes the show feel like a living, breathing entity.

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts

I've been enjoying the show enough on a weekly basis, but I wasn't a big fan of their program together.

I did, however, love that backstage segment with AJ and Tye Dillinger this week. Love when people across different parts of the card interact. Makes the show feel like a living, breathing entity.
What I liked was the word 'fight' being used and not 'match'.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
I was hoping AJ's US open challenge would be better.

So far they have spoiled every challenger before they came out and have only had 3 challenges so far in the span of a month and a half.

I was hoping to see Styles have classics with the whole roster.
Cena's challenge wasn't an instant smash hit, it became what it was over time. Allow that to happen here. Right now it is being used as a storytelling vehicle and less as um... a match vehicle? I think after HIAC we will see more open challenges.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,212 Posts
I would have to agree with you 100%. Almost every other talent on that show is a B- at best. WWE has wasted away Rusev again. Jinder can only win with outside help. Orton should be a part-timer and Nakamura still hasn't "broken out" yet and as long as he keeps talking, that's never going to happen.

When you look at things, they've really got no one to wrestle in the near future that would a) either compete at the high level those two do and b) have the fans care about any opponent they wrestle.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
KO, yes. AJ, how?

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
They are doing such a good job that the company is relying on a 72 years old non-wrestler to create some kind of hype because they know free championhip matches are not cutting it anymore.

So much desperation to add merits to guys who being honest are too dependent on what the company gives them, Styles was never as interesting as he was when feuding John posterboy Cena and the same can be said about Owens.

Speaks volumes that the company has to bring Bryan, Shane and now Vince McMahon to make Owens important.

·
Registered
764 Posts
KO is a one of a kind talent, great delivery and awesome in ring skills
but his promos are either extremely well scripted or he is given a free reign to form his own promos
either ways WWE creative take care f owens

AJ is a star, his presence itself is enough

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
How can anyone come to that conclusion?

Both guys just finished up an incredibly dull and underwhelming feud with each other. Styles is well below his best and KO has been borderline terrible.

If you're singling anyone out for carrying SmackDown recently then its the Uso's and The New Day.
LOL-worthy post. Thanks for the laugh.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts